Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #101
Shepp
High School Varsity

Is it true that you have to register the game and get patches through Steam, even if you have the boxed version? If that s the case I really don't see me spending any money on this. Has CA fixed most of the big bugs? Right after release the official forum had some pretty big issues with AI and such.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #102
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

i have it..i wouldnt waste my time yet

I wont be getting the next one

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 05-26-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #103
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Is it true that you have to register the game and get patches through Steam, even if you have the boxed version? If that s the case I really don't see me spending any money on this. Has CA fixed most of the big bugs? Right after release the official forum had some pretty big issues with AI and such.

Yes, you have to register with steam. Don't let this dissuade you - within 3 years, there won't be a major release PC game without some online order ID/CD key verification scheme for copy protection. If you want to play PC games, its probably something you're going to have to live with.

The AI in Empire still sucks. Go ahead and let this dissuade you from getting this game.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #104
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Yes, you have to register with steam. Don't let this dissuade you - within 3 years, there won't be a major release PC game without some online order ID/CD key verification scheme for copy protection. If you want to play PC games, its probably something you're going to have to live with.

The AI in Empire still sucks. Go ahead and let this dissuade you from getting this game.

If this was a game that I just couldn't live without I would probably suck it up and deal with Steam. However, I feel the Total War franchise has been going steadily downhill since the first Medieval, I won't waste my money. I just feel that the series has become all about eye candy at the expense of the tactical simulation.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #105
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I feel the Total War franchise has been going steadily downhill since the first Medieval, I won't waste my money.

I agree. I enjoyed Medieval 2 somewhat, but got nowhere near $50 out of either Rome or Empire.