Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #151
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I'm not saying that it was a utopia, Cameron. All I'm saying is that Euro people weren't here first. At one point, your ancestors were the Mexicans that are coming here now. Don't tell me they all had their paperwork in order. That is insane if someone believes that.

JimGA, what would closed borders do to make this country better that would outweigh the economic benefit of having open borders?

Lathum, I believe that the fact that this isn't that time frame makes it all the more sad. You can't compare times, but you can learn from them. Many of the seminal figures in this country either came here illegally, or were byproducts of those that would now be considered "illegal".

My ancestors didn't have their paperwork in order? In that case, I'm going to blame the native peoples for the shittiest immigration policy in the world. We didn't have our green cards because the natives didn't issue any. They just let the Europeans just stroll on in and look what happened. I would think after seeing the mistakes that were made the first time around you'd want a much more sensible immigration policy now.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #152
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
My ancestors didn't have their paperwork in order? In that case, I'm going to blame the native peoples for the shittiest immigration policy in the world. We didn't have our green cards because the natives didn't issue any. They just let the Europeans just stroll on in and look what happened. I would think after seeing the mistakes that were made the first time around you'd want a much more sensible immigration policy now.

Alright, Cam. Fair enough. That was good.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #153
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Why not ban outsourcing then? They are taking jobs away from Americans.

Globalization is fine. I work in that world every day. I'm also not saying illegal immigration is fine. I'm saying I think it has some benefits in our country (such as keeping prices much lower).

My major point was that the world changes, it's easier for people to get places. People can't rely on the government to fix everything when technology advances. If you're getting beat out in any field by cheaper and higher skilled labor, then it's your responsibility to fix that. Whether that's picking fruit or programming.

I was going to respond, Rain, but it seems a relatively civil discussion of immigration policy by myself, you and lungs and some others has been overtaken by an insult ridden slag fest (unfortunately).

So I figure this discussion is at an end. We can agree to disagree, I suppose. Enjoy your orange.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #154
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I was going to respond, Rain, but it seems a relatively civil discussion of immigration policy by myself, you and lungs and some others has been overtaken by an insult ridden slag fest (unfortunately).

So I figure this discussion is at an end. We can agree to disagree, I suppose. Enjoy your orange.

EDIT: Jesus exists, if only for the edit button. I had the joke all perfectly ruined, but quickly came to my senses.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 05-04-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:35 AM   #155
JeeberD
General Manager

Enough already...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Closed Thread