Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #451
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

SUE SEMRAU
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #452
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
SUE SEMRAU

SUE-SEMRAU.LOVE.COM | All Things sue semrau
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #453
Ksyrup

Since my off-the-cuff mention of Leonard Hamilton touched off a big discussion that centered on FSU's proven recruiting violations, I thought maybe you could enlighten us on the women's basketball coach's shadiness. I mean, I've heard and read all the rumors about cases of hair spray that just "happened" to show up on recruits doorsteps, but I don't have the concrete proof I need to confirm my suspicions. That where I'm hoping you can help.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #454
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Since my off-the-cuff mention of Leonard Hamilton touched off a big discussion that centered on FSU's proven recruiting violations, I thought maybe you could enlighten us on the women's basketball coach's shadiness. I mean, I've heard and read all the rumors about cases of hair spray that just "happened" to show up on recruits doorsteps, but I don't have the concrete proof I need to confirm my suspicions. That where I'm hoping you can help.

She's a lesbian. That is all.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #455
Ksyrup

So that's a recruiting plus, right?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #456
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Mike Anderson and Leonard Hamilton are having hardcore gay anal sex right now in my living room. I don't need mysterious sources to tell me that. I have my own eyes, a director of photography, a gaffer, and CBS News here. Beat that, hotshots.

And you're doing this voluntarily? I guess I'm just not into watching that sort of thing

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #457
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
And you're doing this voluntarily? I guess I'm just not into watching that sort of thing

SI

He's just a whore for CBS news cameras.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #458
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I get it now. So he's got a thing for Katie Couric (...or Andy Rooney)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #459
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Actually, Leo did not just forget to pay a parking ticket. He was pulled over for a traffic violation which is when it was discovered he was wanted for not paying a parking ticket two years prior. As I suggested, it wasn't a major offense, but it was his second suspension in two years. For a coach taking a hard line stance as Anderson stated, he was pretty easy on Lyons.

The only players who were ever kicked off the team were a senior whose career was pretty much over due to injury and a hardly used senior forward who had been suspended twice by Anderson. Otherwise everyone who has been in trouble has gotten at worst a one or two game suspension. That sounds pretty normal for a coach...which is a far cry from Anderson's hard line stance he has proclaimed. The point being that Anderson is no more or less tolerant than any other coach in America.

So are you really suggesting that Missouri would let Alden hire the basketball coach before getting fired? Are you serious? What school would let a soon to be fired AD hire their new coach? Missouri would be the most incompetent university ever if your story were true...which is obviously not true. Again, you said your sources confirmed Alden was gone. A few years later and Alden is still the AD at Missouri. Nice sources!

Why can't you just be happy that Anderson had a good year. Why does Anderson have to be the moral compass for college athletics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Leo forgot to pay a parking ticket for $30. Most thought a suspension for that was even a bit much, but feel free to build it up if you'd like.

Alden was 2 hours from being fired on the day he hired Anderson. That's been reported many times over. It's not a secret in any way.

Last edited by the_meanstrosity : 04-10-2009 at 08:55 AM.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #460
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
He's just a whore for CBS news cameras.

The Dateline NBC predator guy wasn't available?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #461
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
So are you really suggesting that Missouri would let Alden hire the basketball coach before getting fired? Are you serious? What school would let a soon to be fired AD hire their new coach? Missouri would be the most incompetent university ever if your story were true...which is obviously not true. Again, you said your sources confirmed Alden was gone. A few years later and Alden is still the AD at Missouri. Nice sources!

The facts on the situation have been reported numerous times, but I'll give you a summary to get you up to speed. A meeting was set up in the morning by the Curators with the intent being a vote on whether Alden would be fired or not. Shortly after that meeting was announced, Alden set up a press conference for two hours after that meeting with the intent being to announce the hiring of Anderson. The reporters were literally hanging out in a hallway between the room where Alden might be fired and the room where Anderson was about to be announced as head coach. The Curators called the meeting to order and tabled the vote to fire Mike Alden. Shortly thereafter, Alden introduced Anderson as head coach. Had Alden not announced that he was hiring a coach, the votes were there to fire him and the vote would have proceeded as planned. The rest is history.

Now, you can say that's f'd up and I'd agree as it was one of the most dysfunctional situations I've ever seen. But there's no question as to the events of that day. As bad as that day was, it ended up turning out awfully well thankfully.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #462
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I really have nothing else to say at this time.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #463
MrBug708
Head Coach

Pay 10 dollars a month to insidemizzou.com, and you to, can be up to date on all of the inner workings of Missouri Athletics
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #464
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Pay 10 dollars a month to insidemizzou.com, and you to, can be up to date on all of the inner workings of Missouri Athletics

Gabe does an excellent job over there.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #465
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

No wonder. You must be worn out from last night.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #466
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Still waiting on some pics.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #467
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I was just watching.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:05 AM   #468
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Gabe does an excellent job over there.

I'm sure he does, as does a ton of other sites who have premium information
Old 04-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #469
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I don't think Arizona has any interest in Famous. Plus, one of the AZ rivals site guys said that he thought Famous had South Florida, Missouri and Seton Hall as his top choices (over Xavier).

That said, word is Book Richardson (Xavier's top recruiter) will be coming with Miller. This puts 6-6 SF Kevin Parrom (top 100 rivals) as a potential Arizona recruit. Word is Xavier will let him out of his commitment to join Miller in Arizona. Also, Arizona has a strong chance at 6-10 C Kyryl Natyazhko (top 100), Solomon Hill (committed before Lute retired), F Victor Rudd, F Glenn Bryant of Oak Hill and PF Tevin Baskin. If Arizona can a few of these guys, as well as keep Nick Wise, they could have an outside chance at being respectable in 2009. Something I thought was nearly impossible a few days back.

And Natyazhko joins Arizona
Old 04-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #470
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

In that case I'll take some descriptive details if you have time.

Quote:
I was just watching.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #471
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
And Natyazhko joins Arizona
Solomon Hill (#28 on rivals.com) just switched from USC to Arizona as well.

Four-star Hill changes course

If Arizona can land 1-2 more guys out of Rudd/Mo Mo/Famous/Thames (if he's let out), they could actually be decent (provided Wise stays).
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #472
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saw a billboard for UGA basketball tonight, thought it was pretty well done.
Picture of the new coach with a large caption of "There's a Fox in the Dog House"

Much much earlier than I'm accustomed to seeing basketball season ticket advertising here.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #473
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

I'm really hoping Mark Fox does well at Georgia. He did a good job sustaining Nevada after Trent Johnson left. He's a good guy who should be able to do well in-state once he gets his foot in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Saw a billboard for UGA basketball tonight, thought it was pretty well done.
Picture of the new coach with a large caption of "There's a Fox in the Dog House"

Much much earlier than I'm accustomed to seeing basketball season ticket advertising here.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #474
Ksyrup

What, no Isaiah Thomas updates?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #475
Ksyrup

You can tell basketball is a high priority in South Florida...first Matt Doherty at FIU, now Isaiah at FAU.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #476
Butter
Coordinator

Xavier is promoting former assistant Chris Mack to head coach.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #477
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Looks almost-official that the Henry brothers will be Jayhawks next year.

Source: Xavier Henry, C.J. Henry will play for Kansas Jayhawks - ESPN
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #478
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

6'11 recruit (ranked as something like the #18 center prospect this year) asks for and receives his release from his UGA LOI and signs with Georgia Tech less than 48 hours later. At least one other previously commitment is also rumored to be looking to get out as well, along with several remainders who have already transferred. The kicker on the big kid is that he's the grandson of UGA legendary track star Spec Towns, an Athens native & 1936 Olympic gold medalist, track coach at the school until his retirement in the 70's, and namesake for both their track & their annual invitational.

If I make myself look at the situation objectively it's no surprise when kids move around after a coaching change nor is it probably any great loss on the players they lose -- the existing ones couldn't win outside GT's home arena & this recruit was pretty much a project -- but Fox is going to have to quickly overcome the biggest concern with his hiring, whether he could recruit effectively in the region, or else his tenure will be fairly short & disappointing.
Gotta have players of some sort and we've already seen what happens when you go into even an SEC schedule with an empty cupboard.