Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #51
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
BMW 3-series

In Europe BMW are launching a series of new engines with more power and up to 20% better fuel economy. If you are thinking of the 3 series it might be worth waiting for these to reach US showrooms.

Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:30 AM   #52
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Have to love a new car. When I bought my Infiniti G35 a few months ago I think I was grinning for a few weeks straight.
We got a G35 Sedan tonight!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #53
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

THe only new vehicle I ever bought did feel damn good. 1991 Chevy S-10, cost: $7500. Had 11 miles on it.

Three days later with only 304 on the odometer an old man who did not take his pills pulled out right in front of me. There was $4900 worth of damage to the front of the truck. Honeymoon over.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 AM   #54
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
THe only new vehicle I ever bought did feel damn good. 1991 Chevy S-10, cost: $7500. Had 11 miles on it.

Three days later with only 304 on the odometer an old man who did not take his pills pulled out right in front of me. There was $4900 worth of damage to the front of the truck. Honeymoon over.

I bought my first car ever, a Mustang GT. I was paranoid. Defensive driving? I was NORAD driving. So, I'm on my 3rd day of ownership and pulling out of work. I stop at the stop sign and look in my rear view mirror to make sure the guy behind me stops as well. He does. I look left and right and then feel a bump from behind. His foot slipped off the brake and bumped my car. Not terrible damage but two scratches where his license plate bolts were. I was pissed. You can't keep the thing pristine for 3 full days!?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #55
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Looks a nice enough car to me - then again if a car gets me reliably from A to B then I'm happy.

(motorbikes on the other hand - stick to Italian Brands Asprillia and Cagiva rock ... especially their SuperMoto bikes ... )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #56
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just paid off the Dodge Grand Caravan Sport and the wife is already begging me to trade it in for a new car for me.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a new car, but it feels good to be out of a $300 a month payment right now that I can apply to her Escalade payment.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #57
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Havent had a car payment in 4 years.
When wife decided she wanted a enw car we started making a payment to ourselves.

Then we went in and bought it, they even had one of those 0% deals. Thought about financing haggled for about 30 minutes, ran my credit, etc. and I qualified. Had the best deal worked out. Asked to speak to the sales manager, asked him to make the deal minus 4k. He insisted I was getting it "below dealer cost"...so I asked ok, so if I throw away this silly 0% talk and hand you cash, could we drop 4k... guess 0% wasnt really 0%.....

Other than my wife I havent bought a new car in a long time. Ill never own another one for myself, well until Im so wealthy I dont need to work, then I may splurge....otherwise it just doesnt make sense financially. I have an impossible time understanding the warranty crowd also...do you know how much maintenance you can do for $300/month
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #58
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Havent had a car payment in 4 years.
When wife decided she wanted a enw car we started making a payment to ourselves.

More power to you - my wifes sister recently got her wood flooring done on '0% credit - start payments in 6 months' - which while sounding fantastic cost 100% more than we paid when we paid cash ....

If a deal sounds too good to be true it generally is.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 10-25-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #59
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I bought my first car ever, a Mustang GT. I was paranoid. Defensive driving? I was NORAD driving. So, I'm on my 3rd day of ownership and pulling out of work. I stop at the stop sign and look in my rear view mirror to make sure the guy behind me stops as well. He does. I look left and right and then feel a bump from behind. His foot slipped off the brake and bumped my car. Not terrible damage but two scratches where his license plate bolts were. I was pissed. You can't keep the thing pristine for 3 full days!?

GoldenEagle and I bought an 08 Honda Accord on Memorial Day and it has been hit twice from behind since then. Each time caused a huge scratch vertically down the bumper. Pissed us both off.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #60
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The new Mazda 6 looks like a great car. We have three cars, only one of which has a car payment. Our Lexus ES 350 which we bought last year will be paid off in less than two years with a $500 a month payment (we put a lot down). That will be nice as our oldest will be starting college when it's paid off and we'll hopefully have no payments other than for college...and maybe not even that.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #61
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
GoldenEagle and I bought an 08 Honda Accord on Memorial Day and it has been hit twice from behind since then. Each time caused a huge scratch vertically down the bumper. Pissed us both off.

It's tough for me to go out and splash out on a brand new car (not that I can right now). People leaving door dents, scratches, accidents (even if you have insurance), and cold, long winters that rust your car.

I do wonder how the credit market will impact those looking to buy or lease the entry-to-mid level luxury cars.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25352526/

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-29-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote