Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #51
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I still remember the days when people who bought Honda's & Toyota's were laughed at and their cars spent a lot of time in the shop waiting for parts. Back then the only cool Japanese car was Datsun's Z cars.

Ahh... the good old days.

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:14 AM   #52
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I still remember the days when people who bought Honda's & Toyota's were laughed at and their cars spent a lot of time in the shop waiting for parts. Back then the only cool Japanese car was Datsun's Z cars.

Ahh... the good old days.

I would love to have one of those old Datsun Z's. Loved those things.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:37 AM   #53
Ragone
Pro Rookie

The Media loves to jump on Ford/Gm/Chrysler when they have a product recall..

Yet when Toyota/honda have what they call "Product Upgrades" nobody in the media says shit.

Also, The reason why the foreign automakers are profitting is their american plants have zero retiree's on their books.

Finally, a old friend of mine works at the toyota plant in Kentucky, Their non-union jobs pay as much if not more then my union based job here in kc
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #54
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

On a personal level, the merger plans bum me out. I'm a fan of many of the new models from Chrysler/Dodge lately: The 300C/Magnum, the Charger, the Challenger, the Pacifica (one of the better SUV's IMO). It'd be sad if the historic car legacies from Chrysler and Dodge die off with this merger...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:47 AM   #55
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

If this plan goes through, two of my friends will lose their jobs. This might be the straw that breaks Michigan's back. It is already at 8.7 percent unemployment, this might take it over 10.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:49 AM   #56
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Apparently 30,000 people from Chrysler will be let go.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #57
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Most of knowledge is based off of Consumer Reports fwiw.

The latest Consumer Reports has Ford scoring pretty well: “Ford Fusion, top rating in Reliability.” “Ford’s three nameplates – Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury – lead the domestic automakers and continue to pull away from the rest of Detroit." Ford was singled out as on par with the Japanese automakers and the best of the domestics.

Anyway, since we were discussing Consumer Reports' (um...) reports...

Last edited by Bobble : 10-24-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #58
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

I would be interested in what consumers reports has for Ford over say 10 years compared to the Foreign automakers.

If I come over and kick you in the nuts every day for a month, but today I come over and just say hello without the kick, it doesn't mean that I am not going to kick you in the nuts tomorrow.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #59
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
I would be interested in what consumers reports has for Ford over say 10 years compared to the Foreign automakers.

If I come over and kick you in the nuts every day for a month, but today I come over and just say hello without the kick, it doesn't mean that I am not going to kick you in the nuts tomorrow.

That's the story, it'nt it? It would be great if Ford has imporved its line, but it will take years for that to wash out the bad taste of decades. It'll take me personally to feel the difference behind the wheel as well. I drove the Fusion extensively when it came out, and the ride wasn't in the same ball-park as a Camry, not mention an Accord or even a Sonata (in the drivers test I was a part of, it ranked dead last). You can get them cheaper, though, so they have that going for them. If their reliabilty is up there, then they might have something.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote