Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Where did you first meet your spouse/significant other?
Bar/Club 9 6.98%
On the Job 33 25.58%
Church 2 1.55%
Through Friends 18 13.95%
On the Internet 27 20.93%
School 33 25.58%
Fishing for Trout 7 5.43%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #51
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I think Pumpy already learned this lesson.

but Pumpy was probably not stinking drunk when the claws got imbedded

Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #52
MrDNA
High School Varsity

In prison.

Seriously.

We were both working as actors in a haunted prison attraction. Real prison: Eastern State Pennitentiary in Philadelphia. Spooky place, but spookier relationship: we've been together 7 years.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #53
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
In prison.

Seriously.

We were both working as actors in a haunted prison attraction. Real prison: Eastern State Pennitentiary in Philadelphia. Spooky place, but spookier relationship: we've been together 7 years.

That first line is so wrong....I can't even put into writing what my first impression was
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #54
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I chose Bar/Club as my wife and I met in the beer tent at a charity walk/run relay event.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #55
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

I walked into the Extemporaneous Prep room at the Glendale Community College tournament my freshman year of college. There was one table left that could accommodate my Extemp tubs. At the end of the table was a cute woman I hadn't seen before. I asked her if there was any room, and there was. She was from a California college; I was from ASU. I spent the entire weekend making excuses to talk to her. Two months later, we saw each other at another tournament and I made sure to give her my address and phone number before I left. She felt bad that she didn't give me her information and sent me a letter that week. We wrote back and forth, started chatting online, and I felt a connection growing. Right before a tournament the following September, we were chatting online and I said I probably wasn't going to the competition, but that if I did, I'd take her out to dinner. She said that her new boyfriend wouldn't like that. I told her that I was sad because I was hoping to be her boyfriend. I went to the tournament in Fresno anyway, saw her, something unspoken passed between us, and by the time we met up again the next month at SDSU, we were a couple. The following summer, she moved to Phoenix, and the rest is history.

Sorry for the novel

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #56
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm not feeling very well this morning, so I'm just gonna phone this one in. Imagine that I just said something really funny about chasing my wife with a nail gun and her slipping in a strategically-placed puddle of peanut butter in a sauna.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #57
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm not feeling very well this morning, so I'm just gonna phone this one in. Imagine that I just said something really funny about chasing my wife with a nail gun and her slipping in a strategically-placed puddle of peanut butter in a sauna.

You too eh?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSpeechCoach View Post
I walked into the Extemporaneous Prep room at the Glendale Community College tournament my freshman year of college. There was one table left that could accommodate my Extemp tubs. At the end of the table was a cute woman I hadn't seen before. I asked her if there was any room, and there was. She was from a California college; I was from ASU. I spent the entire weekend making excuses to talk to her. Two months later, we saw each other at another tournament and I made sure to give her my address and phone number before I left. She felt bad that she didn't give me her information and sent me a letter that week. We wrote back and forth, started chatting online, and I felt a connection growing. Right before a tournament the following September, we were chatting online and I said I probably wasn't going to the competition, but that if I did, I'd take her out to dinner. She said that her new boyfriend wouldn't like that. I told her that I was sad because I was hoping to be her boyfriend. I went to the tournament in Fresno anyway, saw her, something unspoken passed between us, and by the time we met up again the next month at SDSU, we were a couple. The following summer, she moved to Phoenix, and the rest is history.

Sorry for the novel

At least you didn't marry one of your students. That's the "other" speech & debate love story.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-21-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #59
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

where's the "Mail order" option?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #60
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
At least you didn't marry one of your students. That's the "other" speech & debate love story.

Yeah...we've had way too much of that over the years...I'm sticking with people my own age

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com

Last edited by AZSpeechCoach : 04-21-2008 at 08:57 PM.
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #61
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Heathrow airport. She'd just flown in from Australia and I was picking her up as a favour to her family.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #62
korme
Go Reds

She saw my television commercial spots on TV and as they say the rest is history

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #63
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
A doctor I used to work with did that, I'm 99% sure. I know that she is from Russia, and they always fumble when discussing how they met. He is unattractive and socially awkward, to be polite. She is smokin' hot.

An old thread, but we have a local doctor in our small town like this. I "think" they live in separate houses from what I've heard. I guess he is rather odd, but hell of a doctor.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #64
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Honestly, the bar scene is probably pretty low on the scale for almost every demographic. As much as people say they go out bar hopping/dancing, clubbing to meet people, in my experience at least, its a really terrible way to meet anyone for a real solid relatoinship.

Would parties fall into the same category (and I don't necessary mean the get drunk and keg parties either, but the more grown-up, sophisticated parties).
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #65
clemsonfan
High School JV

We met in a chat room back in 1997.
clemsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #66
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan View Post
We met in a chat room back in 1997.

Heh. I met my wife in a chat room back in 1996.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #67
stevew
Hall Of Famer

In college, we were both on the activities committee.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #68
path12
Coordinator

Speed dating.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:17 AM   #69
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

eHarmony. Yep, that's right, eHarmony. I would say the match was pretty darn spot on. I can't imagine anyone else wanting to put up with either of us!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote