Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #101
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
That D-Wade injury does not look good for the Heat.

Dislocated shoulder. Out six weeks

FUCK!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Dislocated shoulder. Out six weeks

FUCK!

Is that his free throw shooting shoulder, or his other free throw shooting shoulder?

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 AM   #103
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Is that his free throw shooting shoulder, or his other free throw shooting shoulder?

Can the FOFC witch doctor cast a spell on the Cavs please?!

Oh wait
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 02-22-2007, 08:03 AM   #104
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Can the FOFC witch doctor cast a spell on the Cavs please?!

Oh wait

2 words

Ira Newble.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #105
miami_fan
Coordinator

LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #106
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

If you wanna see a really fun to watch game, turn on Suns/Warriors on ESPN right now. 9:00 left in the 1st quarter, Warriors up 18-6. Yes, 18 points in three minutes. This game may end up in the 135-130 range
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #107
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
If you wanna see a really fun to watch game, turn on Suns/Warriors on ESPN right now. 9:00 left in the 1st quarter, Warriors up 18-6. Yes, 18 points in three minutes. This game may end up in the 135-130 range

Hah. Didn't even see this post.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #108
Bad-example
College Starter

TNT, not ESPN

Last edited by Bad-example : 03-29-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:55 PM   #109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm glad I took the over
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #110
miami_fan
Coordinator

Memo to ALL NBA Players....

Do not fuck with Joey Crawford! Even you Tim Duncan.

You would have thought every player in the league would have gotten the memo by now.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #111
JeeberD
General Manager

That was great, I loved it...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #112
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

WAR-EE-ORS! Come out and play-ayyy! God I love this team.....peaking at the right moment...but still slightly schizophrenic.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #113
Groundhog
Coordinator

How did I miss the Mavericks signing KEVIN FREAKING WILLIS for the rest of the season! The guy is 45 years old, making him the second oldest player to suit up... who was the oldest I wonder?

To put it in perspective, this guy was drafted in to the NBA 2 years before LeBron James was born.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #114
Groundhog
Coordinator

dola

Oldest ever was Nat Hickey, who played one game in 47-48 as a 46 year old.

According to basketball-reference, he missed 3 shots and commited a foul, but minutes played stats weren't kept.

Last edited by Groundhog : 04-17-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:09 AM   #115
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
WAR-EE-ORS! Come out and play-ayyy! God I love this team.....peaking at the right moment...but still slightly schizophrenic.

I was at the game tonight, what a snoozefest. I'm glad the W's won of course, but I was really hoping to see some competitive basketball. *sigh*
Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 AM   #116
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
To put it in perspective, this guy was drafted in to the NBA 2 years before LeBron James was born.

He was also drafted the same year Jordan was...
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:35 AM   #117
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
I was at the game tonight, what a snoozefest. I'm glad the W's won of course, but I was really hoping to see some competitive basketball. *sigh*

Yeah, is this the first time than an NBA team has played an NBDL team during the regular season?

Last edited by Groundhog : 04-18-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 AM   #118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have three reasons to watch the NBA playoffs now, regardless of what happens in the final standings.

1. To watch the Clippers try to win
2. To watch the Lakers energize the area or provide talk show fodder from desperate fans for the next few weeks
3. To watch the Mavs lose.

They're on the crap list now, maybe permanently, with me. The Suns manned up tonight and played their stars against the Clips--at home--and it was really something to have the Clips pull out such an all critical win (where was that Sunday, boys?). So to have the Mavs sit Nowitzki, Howard, etc. for their game against the Warriors was just bullshit, IMO.

The crazy thing? Playing those stars would have helped the Mavs. They have handled the Clips with ease this year. The Warriors went, meanwhile, went 2-0 against the Mavs before tonight, and are coached by a motivated ex-Mavs coach Don Nelson. Plus, they have momentum and an infusion of talent from the Indiana trade. If the Mavs had showed any ethics about playing to win this game, they would be facing an easier test in the Clippers in the first round. Now, it will likely be a much tougher test with the Warriors.

Eat shit, Avery Johnson, Mark Cuban and company. I shouldn't have expected anything good from a team that lost its heart and balls in the Finals last year anyway.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-18-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:56 AM   #119
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I have three reasons to watch the NBA playoffs now, regardless of what happens in the final standings.

2. To watch the Lakers energize the area or provide talk show fodder from desperate fans for the next few weeks

They're on the crap list now, maybe permanently, with me. The Suns manned up tonight and played their stars against the Clips--at home--and it was really something to have the Clips pull out such an all critical win (where was that Sunday, boys?). So to have the Mavs sit Nowitzki, Howard, etc. for their game against the Warriors was just bullshit, IMO.

The crazy thing? Playing those stars would have helped the Mavs. They have handled the Clips with ease this year. The Warriors went, meanwhile, went 2-0 against the Mavs before tonight, and are coached by a motivated ex-Mavs coach Don Nelson. Plus, they have momentum and an infusion of talent from the Indiana trade. If the Mavs had showed any ethics about playing to win this game, they would be facing an easier test in the Clippers in the first round. Now, it will likely be a much tougher test with the Warriors.

Eat shit, Avery Johnson, Mark Cuban and company. I shouldn't have expected anything good from a team that lost its heart and balls in the Finals last year anyway.

I try to hate the Mavs, I really do, I just don't think that I can hate any team with Jason Terry and Dirk Nowitzki however.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:23 AM   #120
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I try to hate the Mavs, I really do, I just don't think that I can hate any team with Jason Terry and Dirk Nowitzki however.

I don't actually hate anyone on the Mavs, although Terry is a former UA Wildcat. I'm not too wild right now, though, about the coaching staff.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:07 PM   #121
kingfc22
Head Coach

I can't believe that the Warriors are actually a little over a quarter away from making the playoffs. Somebody pleaes pinch me.

Hopefully the Lakers can hang on and win in Sac tonight. The W's match up so much better with the Mavs.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #122
Groundhog
Coordinator

Woo-hoo, Cavs are #2 in the East! Wizards should be an easy matchup thanks to Arenas and Butler being out. Still, we don't have a hope in hell against Detroit or Miami, or probably Chicago either.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #123
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't believe that the Warriors are actually a little over a quarter away from making the playoffs. Somebody pleaes pinch me.

I knew that Foyle selection would pay off eventually.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #124
Groundhog
Coordinator

God help anyone who went to watch the Spurs and Nuggets bench teams go at it tonight. Reggie Evans with a career night of 19pts 20rebs against the best the NBDL has to offer.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #125
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I disagree bigtime. The Clippers lost to Sacto at home, just a day or two after the Warriors went into Arco and took care of business. If the Clippers beat the Kings, or win any other game that they lost, then you can complain.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #126
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

PLAYOFFSS!!!! I've been waiting what seems like my whole life for this. Finally! I can't wait to catch my first NBA Playoff game! wooohoooo
Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 AM   #127
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Playoff time. Whew.

Eastern Conference
Team GB
1. z-Detroit --
2. x-Cleveland 3.0
3. y-Toronto 6.0
4. y-Miami 9.0
5. x-Chicago 4.0
6. x-New Jersey 12.0
7. x-Washington 12.0
8. x-Orlando 13.0
9. Indiana 18.0
10. Philadelphia 18.0
11. New York 20.0
12. Charlotte 20.0
13. Atlanta 23.0
14. Milwaukee 25.0
15. Boston 29.0
Western Conference
Team GB
1. z-Dallas --
2. y-Phoenix 6.0
3. x-San Antonio 9.0
4. y-Utah 16.0
5. x-Houston 15.0
6. x-Denver 22.0
7. x-LA Lakers 25.0
8. x-Golden State 25.0
9. LA Clippers 27.0
10. New Orl/OKC 28.0
11. Sacramento 34.0
12. Portland 35.0
13. Minnesota 35.0
14. Seattle 36.0
15. Memphis 45.0
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 AM   #128
Groundhog
Coordinator

Groundhog's Annual NBA Awards

Biggest surprise of the season:

Golden State - Somehow managed to trade away two guys who should have been untradeable, and then made a great run at the end of the season. All this without any rebounding!

Biggest dissapointment of the season:

Milwaukee Bucks - I was expecting playoffs for these guys, but injuries came along and just raped this team.

MVP:

Dirk Diggler - Nash is good, but it's time to give it to the German.

Rookie of the Year:

Brandon Roy - Very polished for a rookie, though in a few seasons time I think he'll be outshone by Foye. Roy strikes me as a guy who will make a great complimentary player on a good team - a Tayshaun Prince-esque guy who will have his big nights but is best suited to being a 3rd or 4th option.

Defensive Player of the Year:

Tayshaun Prince - Hard selection, but Prince wins out for me.

Bust of the Year:

Bonzi Wells - Nothing more need be said.

Coach of the Year:

Sloan - Jazz did better than anyone expected, though picked a poor time for a slide. Sloan is one of my favourite NBA coaches because he always manages to get something out of his teams, and is great at incorporating rookies and always has been.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:12 AM   #129
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Groundhog's Annual NBA Awards

Biggest surprise of the season:

Golden State - Somehow managed to trade away two guys who should have been untradeable, and then made a great run at the end of the season. All this without any rebounding!

I'm a big Warriors mark, but I've got to give this to the Raptors. Although, that warriors/pacers trade was astonishing, especially in retrospect.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:03 AM   #130
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Lotsa drama on this year's 1st round.

The only series worth watching in the East:

#3 TORONTO vs #6 NEW JERSEY
Oh man. Toronto's playing Vince. Beautiful.

While the West is very TV-friendly

#1 DALLAS vs #8 GOLDEN STATE
Dallas-killers vs. Dallas. Apprentice vs. Master. Fun match-up.

#2 PHOENIX vs #7 LA LAKERS
With Amare back, the Suns look strong. But I never bet against Kobe. Ever.

#3 SAN ANTONIO vs #6 DENVER
La Machina vs. Meloverson.

#4 UTAH vs #5 HOUSTON
I have a feeling this will be a most physical series in the first round. Sloan and Van Gundy are two gritty coaches and they have gritty workhorse players.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:19 AM   #131
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I disagree bigtime. The Clippers lost to Sacto at home, just a day or two after the Warriors went into Arco and took care of business. If the Clippers beat the Kings, or win any other game that they lost, then you can complain.

I can complain all I want. Find anywhere in my post where I say the Clippers can blame veryone else but themselves, or that they don't have nay responsibility. They have big time responsibility. They have been playing below their talent all year, and still were in line to make the playoffs, and totally choked when they needed what should have been an easy win.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that what the Mavs did was chickenshit. It's entirely possible to blame the Clippers completely for their situation and also despise the Mavs for that awful decision.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 AM   #132
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I can complain all I want. Find anywhere in my post where I say the Clippers can blame veryone else but themselves, or that they don't have nay responsibility. They have big time responsibility. They have been playing below their talent all year, and still were in line to make the playoffs, and totally choked when they needed what should have been an easy win.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that what the Mavs did was chickenshit. It's entirely possible to blame the Clippers completely for their situation and also despise the Mavs for that awful decision.

The Mavericks won well over 60 games this season. Finding fault in coaching decisions at this point is suspect at best. Avery Johnson has done a pretty good job so far. They had one All-Star on the roster (and one alternate that was chosen do to injury), and yet they still dominated. I'm not trying to say Nowitzki didn't have talent around him, but rather that this team has overperformed. They were in a position to make a choice that had absolutely no effect on their playoff position. I find it truly tough to believe that your personal stance on the subject isn't affecting your thoughts.

EDIT: What I meant to say was that the Dallas coaching staff had a choice to make, between risking injury, and risking...nothing....If the Clippers had been in their position, would be you so venomous?

Last edited by Karlifornia : 04-19-2007 at 03:28 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:09 AM   #133
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Mavericks won well over 60 games this season. Finding fault in coaching decisions at this point is suspect at best. Avery Johnson has done a pretty good job so far. They had one All-Star on the roster (and one alternate that was chosen do to injury), and yet they still dominated. I'm not trying to say Nowitzki didn't have talent around him, but rather that this team has overperformed. They were in a position to make a choice that had absolutely no effect on their playoff position. I find it truly tough to believe that your personal stance on the subject isn't affecting your thoughts.

EDIT: What I meant to say was that the Dallas coaching staff had a choice to make, between risking injury, and risking...nothing....If the Clippers had been in their position, would be you so venomous?

Of course, I would not. And you wouldn't be so supportive if the move didn't help your team. Let's not quibble about whose bias is showing. It's obvious both ways.

And don't mix day to day coaching of a team to 60+ wins (which is of course brilliant) with an individual awful personnel decision on one given day. They are completely separate. I assume in compiling that record, every day the coaching staff was making decisions designed to get them wins. This last decision was made for unethical reasons. They have played their stars for all their matchups with us. It is ethical and fair for them to also play those same stars against you.

I'm not saying they don't have the right to sit their players for fear of injury before the playoffs. But I have every right to criticze them choosing that over fair play. Some people are winners at all costs. Some people are good, fair people. The Mavs are the former, and I'll criticize them for it all I want.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:09 AM   #134
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Of course, I would not. And you wouldn't be so supportive if the move didn't help your team. Let's not quibble about whose bias is showing. It's obvious both ways.

And don't mix day to day coaching of a team to 60+ wins (which is of course brilliant) with an individual awful personnel decision on one given day. They are completely separate. I assume in compiling that record, every day the coaching staff was making decisions designed to get them wins. This last decision was made for unethical reasons. They have played their stars for all their matchups with us. It is ethical and fair for them to also play those same stars against you.

I'm not saying they don't have the right to sit their players for fear of injury before the playoffs. But I have every right to criticze them choosing that over fair play. Some people are winners at all costs. Some people are good, fair people. The Mavs are the former, and I'll criticize them for it all I want.

Considering that the Mavs played their stars against the Sonics yesterday, I will have to agree with CR here.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:17 AM   #135
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Woo-hoo, Cavs are #2 in the East! Wizards should be an easy matchup thanks to Arenas and Butler being out. Still, we don't have a hope in hell against Detroit or Miami, or probably Chicago either.

Thank god for the Nets. And the Wizards won't be easy, but if Z can have a good series, and Larry doesn't chuck airballs, I'm fairly confident we can win in 6. someone will have to D up frigging Jamison though.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #136
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

I Bargnagni doesn't have his appendix go he has a great shot at Rookie of the Year. I think mitchell deserves more love as Coach of the year. A sub 30 win team with a totally new roster and he coaches them to 47 wins. I think he deserves it.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #137
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lost in all the other tanking allegations this season was the fact that the T-Wolves finished on a 12-30 slide including 7 straight losses, which enabled them to finish with the 7th worst record in the league. This guarantees that they will not have to give up their draft pick this year to the clippers, who would have gotten it if it fell out of the top 10. Garnett mysteriously got "hurt" and missed the last 6 games of the year. If they even win like 3 of their last 6 with Garnett, they would have won 35 overall games, and therefore picked no better than 11th(with a lottery miracle) and would have had to surrender their pick. I hope the commish looks into this, cause it smells wayyyyyy too fucking fishy.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #138
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Lost in all the other tanking allegations this season was the fact that the T-Wolves finished on a 12-30 slide including 7 straight losses, which enabled them to finish with the 7th worst record in the league. This guarantees that they will not have to give up their draft pick this year to the clippers, who would have gotten it if it fell out of the top 10. Garnett mysteriously got "hurt" and missed the last 6 games of the year. If they even win like 3 of their last 6 with Garnett, they would have won 35 overall games, and therefore picked no better than 11th(with a lottery miracle) and would have had to surrender their pick. I hope the commish looks into this, cause it smells wayyyyyy too fucking fishy.

as oposed to all the other lottery teams whos stars all of a sudden got hurt and sat out the last month or 2? did any team that wasnt in contention for the playoffs have thier best players playing the last month?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #139
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ah yes, I done forgot how much I hate the playoff schedule makers.

Saturday, April 21: Miami at Bulls, 2 p.m. (ABC)
Tuesday, April 24: Miami at Bulls, 7 p.m. (CSN/TNT)
Friday, April 27: Bulls at Miami, 7 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, April 29: Bulls at Miami, noon (ABC)
Tuesday, May 1: Miami at Bulls, TBD, if necessary
Thursday, May 3: Bulls at Miami, TBD, if necessary
Saturday, May 5: Miami at Bulls, TBD, if necessary

2 fucking WEEKS for 1 round. Absurd.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #140
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

I am not sure how David Stern will go about catching teams "tanking". Does he send a league doctor to exam a team's star player to see if he is really to injured to play? Does he dictate that a coach should play their stars X number of minutes?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #141
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
2 fucking WEEKS for 1 round. Absurd.

How so, exactly? It's only a bit long. It's accepted during the regular-season NBA schedule that playing games on back-to-back nights is overly taxing(which is why each team only plays a few each year). If you are going to play seven games and not play them back to back, then you are locked into a minumum of 13 days for a 7-game series.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 PM   #142
Groundhog
Coordinator

The problem is having 7 games in the first round... bring back the good ole days I say.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #143
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
The problem is having 7 games in the first round... bring back the good ole days I say.

QFT