Home

Can we discuss keeping bigs from sliding under the rim for 2k23?

This is a discussion on Can we discuss keeping bigs from sliding under the rim for 2k23? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-11-2022, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can we discuss keeping bigs from sliding under the rim for 2k23?

This has been going on for far too long. It's frustrating for us good players, because the bad players can seemingly slide under the rim and get an easy contested layup. And it's not like my Center is weak. 7'1 90 strength, 89 interior D, 89 blocking and with all the right defensive badges.

2K23 needs some sort of new animations to keep bigs from sliding so easily inside the paint. If I hold down L2, my Center should be able to bump and keep opponents from getting under the rim.

If you look at the NBA, big men don't let you get under the rim that easy. There's a lot of physical contact and shoving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2022, 11:59 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Can we discuss keeping bigs from sliding under the rim for 2k23?

I think this was a point of emphasis this year, at the same time, I hope they haven’t completely eliminated the ability to get defenders in the air and finish on them. We don’t need body blocks back in full force.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think this was a point of emphasis this year, at the same time, I hope they haven’t completely eliminated the ability to get defenders in the air and finish on them. We don’t need body blocks back in full force.
I don't remember it being a point of emphasis. If anything it's still terrible. And body blocks are still in the game, that's why I never pump fake
Old 07-11-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

Yeah the pumpfake being able to create is stupid.

At the same time if you jump you have enough speed to recover and get a good contest.

Basically you are being rewarded for bad defense and being punished for good defense.

In everything this game caters to playing bad basketball.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2022, 12:50 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
I don't remember it being a point of emphasis. If anything it's still terrible. And body blocks are still in the game, that's why I never pump fake

I meant for the upcoming year, 2K23…Mike acknowledged it as an issue in 2K22

Body blocks are definitely still in the game, but are nowhere as bad as they used to be, I rarely lose the ball and pump fake all the time, (It kicks the dream shake bonus in) and all I have is silver unstrippable.

I just don’t want them to overdue it and completely remove the consequences for jumping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2022, 12:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I meant for the upcoming year, 2K23…Mike acknowledged it as an issue in 2K22

Body blocks are definitely still in the game, but are nowhere as bad as they used to be, I rarely lose the ball and pump fake all the time, (It kicks the dream shake bonus in) and all I have is silver unstrippable.

I just don’t want them to overdue it and completely remove the consequences for jumping.
My main thing is we need new animations to keep bigs from getting under the rim. If my build is 7'1 with 90 str and 89 interior defense, you shouldn't be able to slide past me. You also shouldn't be able to drop step shove me. This is what bigs have been exploiting, sometimes I get lucky and keep em out, other times not so much. If you look at high level NBA play, getting under the rim is never easy for pf/centers.

I've tried holding the left stick and it works some, as it my player has his arms out and creates some contact. Unfortunately I can't get ball stripper. I think I'm gonna try offball menace if it's possible.

I think new animations where you can hit L2 for more aggressive defense can stop all the sliding around.

Last edited by ImInThis; 07-11-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:02 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
My main thing is we need new animations to keep bigs from getting under the rim. If my build is 7'1 with 90 str and 89 interior defense, you shouldn't be able to slide past me. You also shouldn't be able to drop step shove me.

I think new animations where you can hit L2 for more aggressive defense can stop all the sliding around.

Yeah, I agree….if you have a significant strength advantage L2 should essentially be “doing your work early” to keep them from getting position….This is what the “Moving Truck” badge used to do actually.

Walling up when your deep in the paint should definitely be more sturdy if you are a stronger player. It should be a cat and mouse game though. L2/Hands up shouldn’t be a get out of jail free card like 2K21. It’s a balance.

100% agree with your point though
Old 07-11-2022, 01:06 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

In the meantime, try post move lockdown

My build gets a lot of these

https://streamable.com/fhrt1o

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »