Home

F1 2022 My Team: How's yours going?

This is a discussion on F1 2022 My Team: How's yours going? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2022, 10:25 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
F1 2022 My Team: How's yours going?

Caved and bought the game even though I really wanted to only but F1 Manager next month. Will go straight to creating a team this year instead of a career mode. Currently testing track difficulty I need for first race of season.

Is it just me or is the AI faster? Last year Bahrain I could run a 84 difficulty. So far it looks like I need below 60 difficulty this year lol.

Anyways, love reading these if anyone wants to share!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-10-2022 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2022, 01:58 AM   #2
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Re: F1 2022 My Team: How's yours going?

Created Andretti Racing Team. They want to join F1 as a new team irl so it made sense. Chose my color scheme and livery. Here is my vehicle. Drugovich is my teammate with Ferrari engine.

Old 07-11-2022, 02:22 AM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Something is definitely odd this year. Usually when you create a team you are fighting not to qualify last. This year the game really starts you off well with a near mid-field car. I guess if you choose Renault engine it would be different. But on the chart I'm above Williams, Aston Martin, and McLaren. Practically tied with Haas and AlphaTauri. This is before race one so way different. I was expecting to be contending with Williams by picking new team like years past. I'm guessing this is an EA Sports thing. Whatever it is I really don't like it. If I didn't pick to be midfield or title contending team to start I should be below even Williams to start as a brand new F1 team imo.

Anyways, qualified 13th for Bahrain so the difficulty set at 59 for this race. Looking at the chart and who I am around to start the race, 13th place makes sense.

Old 07-11-2022, 11:48 AM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Here we go with the first race of the 2022 season in Bahrain. Landed on 59 difficulty, which I have a feeling could actually be consistent this year.

Race strategy for this 29 lap race will be a one stop from mediums to hard tires. Starting 13th on the grid, while teammate Drugovich starts 20th.

First stintvwe hold our P13 and come in to pit after 13 laps. It was a perfect pit stop, and we come out in 17th. With 15 laps remaining we for sure won't get points unless we get lucky. McLaren with the reverse strategy of starting on hard tires so they pit after everyone else much later. It pays off well for Lando Norris as he jumps to 9th after pitting, which he was 12th just ahead of me.

I am content with 13th at this point, knowing I'm not going to catch Bottas, Magnussen, or Schumacher who all have DRS. I am stuck without and trying to keep Ocon at bay so he doesn't get DRS on me here at lap 18.

On lap 20 Carlos Sainz retires due to a mechanical failure! That will give me a spot up to 12th. Now with my Ferrari engine I am a bit worried about a failure of my own. On the same lap Vettel is forced to retire as well, who was running 20th anyway.

On lap 25 I have somehow caught Bottas and the Haas team. DRS now and I am so close to a 10th or even 9th place points finish. While we battle Ocon has now caught me and I have to hold him back. On lap 28 I finally get a nice overtake on Bottas. On the final lap he goes hard into a turn on my outside, goes way off track and then somehow said he retired from race. He finished 20th down one lap so no DNF. Weird.

Leclerc, Verstappen, and Russell are your podium. With Sainz mechanical failure Red Bull leads the Constructor standings.

We finish 11th and teammate Drugovich finished 14th gets the driver of the day which is cool. Mario Andretti very pleased with race #1 for the brand new team.

Old 07-11-2022, 01:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
On lap 28 I finally get a nice overtake on Bottas. On the final lap he goes hard into a turn on my outside, goes way off track and then somehow said he retired from race. He finished 20th down one lap so no DNF. Weird.
That's accurate to real life. If you retire after completing at least 90% of the race distance, you are classified as having finished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2022, 08:20 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Race two of the season in Saudi Arabia is here. Again landed on a 59 AI difficulty which I like that it is the same. Hoping I can stay there every race.

Seems like we were humbled here and I qualified 18th with teammate Drugovich qualifying dead last in 22nd. Leclerc is on the pole. Race strategy calls for a two stop race practically identical to Bahrain with Mediums to hard tires. Mediums we will run for 11 laps of the 25 lap race. Here we go!

We have a great jump off the line and after two turns we have jumped up to P10! By end of lap one we are in P11 as Schumacher passes us. Holding off Tsunoda for the next couple laps as Sergio Perez who somehow qualified back in 14th is up into 12th and soon will surely pass me.

We pit on lap 12 in 14th place, and it's a bad pit stop as the LF tire changer has problems. 3.8sec pit stop and we are 17th after the pit cycle ends. Vettel and I overtake each other for 16th that lap (13), as Verstappen is forced to retire for a mechanical failure!

Lap 15 we are asked to change strategy and put on softs. I figure what the hell, sitting in 16th going nowhere lol.

Well that was absolutely the worst decision ever. We come out in 21st naturally but unable to make ground on 20th so we stay in 21st, eventually get lapped by Leclerc and that's where we finish. Teammate Drugovich finished 16th. Leclerc wins second straight to begin the season. Sainz and Russell finish out the podium while Checo finishes 5th after starting 14th. Verstappen retiring causes Ferrari to overtake the Constructor standings lead.

So Andretti Racing with a huge learning experience here in Saudi Arabia. The Australian Grand Prix is up next!

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-11-2022 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 11:59 PM   #7
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm a casual F1 fan and player. I liked last years game and like the idea of building my created team up from nothing,but only played 1 season because most of my time is spent in madden/nhl.
Wasn't going to get this years game with the lack of big changes except one that really interested me, for my play style and time to play the game, and that was the ability to start as a mid tier or even contender.
So I started as a contender and now I can actually compete in my first year. I'm treating it like I played for a few years, built my team up and going from there.
Also using the ai ability setting and practice sessions to set the ai so I'm around 3-12 position so I have chances to win but of course usually I screw up somewhere and lose time ha ha. I use the flashback to undo big mistakes like crashes and things that I would lose 20 seconds on.
So though I do play with all these assists, flashback, contender settings I try my best to make sure I have to do well to earn positions.

Only did the first race starting 13th and managed to get to 10th for a point but the funny thing was my team mate is also Drugovich and after the first week getting some training he's much better, maybe because my team is using contender setting, so he ended up in 6th.
Seems like it could be a 4 team race and just getting a point some races will be important.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:52 AM   #8
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I'm a casual F1 fan and player. I liked last years game and like the idea of building my created team up from nothing,but only played 1 season because most of my time is spent in madden/nhl.

Wasn't going to get this years game with the lack of big changes except one that really interested me, for my play style and time to play the game, and that was the ability to start as a mid tier or even contender.

So I started as a contender and now I can actually compete in my first year. I'm treating it like I played for a few years, built my team up and going from there.

Also using the ai ability setting and practice sessions to set the ai so I'm around 3-12 position so I have chances to win but of course usually I screw up somewhere and lose time ha ha. I use the flashback to undo big mistakes like crashes and things that I would lose 20 seconds on.

So though I do play with all these assists, flashback, contender settings I try my best to make sure I have to do well to earn positions.

Only did the first race starting 13th and managed to get to 10th for a point but the funny thing was my team mate is also Drugovich and after the first week getting some training he's much better, maybe because my team is using contender setting, so he ended up in 6th.

Seems like it could be a 4 team race and just getting a point some races will be important.
I am not very good either brother lol. I use full ABS and full traction control for assists. And also use flashbacks for big mistakes due to me driving like a moron lol.

Last year I started testing for AI difficulty separately at every track and it worked great. So far this year doing that it's been the same at 59 difficulty, which is last number before it goes to "hard" difficulty. Not sure if I got worse or AI is better, but I was running 84 difficulty at Bahrain last year. Gotta be AI cause I didn't feel like I drove that terrible, especially using flashbacks for major mistakes.

I wasn't planning on buying it either but after playing more F1 2021 I really wanted to drive the new cars and new tracks and track layouts for 2022.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »