Home

Do you use 30 Team Control or Single Team for Franchise

This is a discussion on Do you use 30 Team Control or Single Team for Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Do you use 30 Team or Single Team Control
30 Team all the way 23 54.76%
Single Team for me 19 45.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2022, 11:33 AM   #1
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Do you use 30 Team Control or Single Team for Franchise

Was just wondering after all these years and the new influx of platforms and players, how many people use 30 Team or Single Team for franchise.

Please feel free to explain your reasonings if you so desire. Thanks

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Do you use 30 Team Control or Single Team for Franchise

I have to go single team; multi-team control disables GM goals, which is just a massive no-no to me.

The GM goals are vital to me because I don't have some indefinite timeline to do whatever I need to do. If I fail at my goals, I should be fired...why play the mode otherwise if you don't suffer the consequences? As a fan of realism in sports games; this is a must-have for me.

Also, I believe in non-interference. I run MY team like a real GM - who cannot unilaterally alter what other teams do. They set a weird lineup; that's on them. They make a questionable player move, that's on them. It's not my place to question what they do. I run my team and adjust to the franchise universe accordingly.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:27 PM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

This is the first year that I use 30 team control. I pretty much only use it to keep that bad teams competitive since a CPU rebuild can take forever if I don't nudge them along. I like it for the most part.

But damn do I miss the GM contract goal. I was always a guy who had to try to win it all within that 3 year contract and it was always fun to pick a new team that offered me a contract after that 3 years was up, and then try to rebuild that team.

If I'm not mistaken you can still do that with 30 team control, you just pick a new team at any time by switching the profile. So I guess I can still do it.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Yep, no choice.

I play 1 season at a time, then export players to build the following years roster.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:37 PM   #5
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have to go single team; multi-team control disables GM goals, which is just a massive no-no to me.

The GM goals are vital to me because I don't have some indefinite timeline to do whatever I need to do. If I fail at my goals, I should be fired...why play the mode otherwise if you don't suffer the consequences? As a fan of realism in sports games; this is a must-have for me.

Also, I believe in non-interference. I run MY team like a real GM - who cannot unilaterally alter what other teams do. They set a weird lineup; that's on them. They make a questionable player move, that's on them. It's not my place to question what they do. I run my team and adjust to the franchise universe accordingly.

I just wish there were more GM goals to fulfill.

Have a great draft
Reduce payroll
Acquire a superstar player
Move an immovable contact

I would love things like this. Running a major league team should be challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2022, 01:40 PM   #6
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I just wish there were more GM goals to fulfill.

Have a great draft
Reduce payroll
Acquire a superstar player
Move an immovable contact

I would love things like this. Running a major league team should be challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Nice ideas.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:47 PM   #7
MVP

This is my first year doing the 30-team thing, it’s mostly the same. I’ve used the extra control to make some roster adjustments for maybe a handful of teams, but nothing that has changed the feel of the mode at all. The main thing I do is that often I think the AI has a tendency to confuse who should hit 2nd with who should hit 6th, so I’ve made that quick switch a dozen times or so. Then I just do random “roster integrity” checks to make sure they don’t do anything ridiculous (they haven’t).

The GM-goals thing, there’s no way I’m playing this game beyond a third season anyway. My franchise goal is I’m going for a WS in year 3, I’m not even done with year 1 yet.
Old 07-08-2022, 06:31 PM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I do 30 team. For the most part, I let the CPU make its own roster moves unless it does something crazy like carry 4 catchers (though, imo the CPU has done a much better job of roster management in 22 compared to 21). But I control their lineups and rotations at the MLB level.

I have Injuries set to "manual", but that's just so I get a pop up when there's an injury. I let it Auto handle that and then make any needed lineup adjustments myself. The CPU lineup construction is still bad. It loves to platoon way too much, and doesn't take defense into account enough even at spots like SS and CF. And there are times when it'll rearrange the pitching rotation if there is an injury or call-up there, which can result in a starting pitcher going on back to back days, or with 1 or 2 days rest.

I also play with their bullpens. I rotate guys in and out of roles to try and prevent guys in the Long Relief spots from getting crazy innings pitched. And I'll rotate Closers and Set-Up on teams that don't really have a set closer.

I even control the other team on game day. The CPU will completely rearrange the lineup to give the #7 hitter the day off. I hate that. So I use a 2nd controller to handle that (trying to realistically handle their lineup), and then set it back to neutral before the first pitch. Unfortunate side effect is that doing so disables achievements, so I didn't get credit for my Inside the Park HR yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by DonkeyJote; 07-08-2022 at 06:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »