Home

Madden 23 Trailer - Still No Refs

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Trailer - Still No Refs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-02-2022, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 23 Trailer - Still No Refs

For some this is minor, but disappointed to see from the trailer that there were no refs included on the field after it seemed to be hinted a year ago. I recognize the insignificance on overall gameplay, but it looks like a scrimmage not seeing a ref on the field. If it's such a "technological hurdle" then a quick fix could be to have the ref shown lining up and at the snap of the ball they fade away.

It just doesn't make sense that refs were in the game 20+ years ago, but now its a programming marvel to attempt to include them. The other sports franchises don't seem to have this issue with officials being part of the gameplay. My gripe essentially comes down to laziness on the part of the Madden development team and if they cut corners on basics like on field refs then what's next, no one standing on the sidelines?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Re: Madden 23 Trailer - Still No Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricket
For some this is minor, but disappointed to see from the trailer that there were no refs included on the field after it seemed to be hinted a year ago. I recognize the insignificance on overall gameplay, but it looks like a scrimmage not seeing a ref on the field. If it's such a "technological hurdle" then a quick fix could be to have the ref shown lining up and at the snap of the ball they fade away.

It just doesn't make sense that refs were in the game 20+ years ago, but now its a programming marvel to attempt to include them. The other sports franchises don't seem to have this issue with officials being part of the gameplay. My gripe essentially comes down to laziness on the part of the Madden development team and if they cut corners on basics like on field refs then what's next, no one standing on the sidelines?
oh well that not bothering me alot when i played. True Madden fan who don't mind about no refs on field
Old 06-02-2022, 11:10 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricket

100% agree! It's glaring! There no excuse why we don't have referees on the field in a 2023 football game SMH. It completely kills immersion. We should have refs on the field throwing flags in real time by now. We were given all indications that refs were going to be added back this year. That's the 1st thing that stood out in the trailer. I can't even take Madden serious anymore. It's not just the refs missing, it's a long list of underwhelming aspects of the game (presentation, franchise mode, excessing player clipping, etc.) If the refs were missing but the other aspects of the game were phenomenal, I could stomach it. But refs not being on the field is like adding insult to injury.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:15 AM   #4
Banned

I feel like a dev accidentally deleted the refs during Madden 20 development and EA has never gotten around to adding them back on so they come up with the garbage excuse that they didn’t look good. 🤣🤣🤣
Old 06-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

They streamlined the game to exclude the refs... it was just easier to delete them while they were getting rid of a bunch of plays in the playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
100% agree! It's glaring! There no excuse why we don't have referees on the field in a 2023 football game SMH. It completely kills immersion. We should have refs on the field throwing flags in real time by now. We were given all indications that refs were going to be added back this year. That's the 1st thing that stood out in the trailer. I can't even take Madden serious anymore. It's not just the refs missing, it's a long list of underwhelming aspects of the game (presentation, franchise mode, excessing player clipping, etc.) If the refs were missing but the other aspects of the game were phenomenal, I could stomach it. But refs not being on the field is like adding insult to injury.
That's a great call out. How cool (and realistic) would it be to see the ref throw a flag on a pass interference play on a critical possession or at the end of the game? You would think the Madden franchise would be there by now.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:49 PM   #7
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

I guess there is a reason the slogan is no longer...

"It's in the game"

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 06-02-2022, 01:44 PM   #8
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
oh well that not bothering me alot when i played. True Madden fan who don't mind about no refs on field
True Madden fans nowadays are MUT fanatics that spend $2k a year on fake cards I guess.

A true football fan would want the game to accurately depict what the multi-million dollar license for "simulation football" is supposed to depict. I don't know exactly when or why we got people who love to say certain things about an NFL game doesn't matter but here we are. Refs were on the field throwing flags 20 years ago man. How is that thought alone not annoying to people lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »