Home

Shooting Help

This is a discussion on Shooting Help within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Shooting Help

I play on Real FG Percentage and I can't make a jump shot with any consistency. I am playing as the Knicks and have now lost 8 in a row. The majority of my points come close in to the basket. Wide open 3's I regularly miss. I am shooting 21% from 3 point land through 25 games. Any advice how to improve?

Rick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Shooting Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by icvu42
I play on Real FG Percentage and I can't make a jump shot with any consistency. I am playing as the Knicks and have now lost 8 in a row. The majority of my points come close in to the basket. Wide open 3's I regularly miss. I am shooting 21% from 3 point land through 25 games. Any advice how to improve?

Rick
There's two sliders ,most likely only on offline game modes.
Shot coverage impact and shot meter timing something (I think) they're right after each other ,lower them and you'll make more.
It's very tough this year

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 05-31-2022, 09:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
There's two sliders ,most likely only on offline game modes.
Shot coverage impact and shot meter timing something (I think) they're right after each other ,lower them and you'll make more.
It's very tough this year
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

Rick
Old 05-31-2022, 09:53 PM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Idk what players you're using as the Knicks don't have many KNOCKDOWN shooters. But shot selection is everything with RP% I have noticed. I have a guard with 78 3 rating and only Gold Catch and shoot and Gold hot Zone Hunter and I'm lights out if no one is close. But even with Deadeye gold they give me a half hearted contest I'm more than likely missing. Even with Blinders on a slightly contest leaning midrange I'll brick.

80 rating and HOF shooting badges with RP% is deadly from deep and midrange. I play a lot of Park so I tend to get a lot of wide open looks or can get really good separation on a leaning midrange.

But even with the ratings in the 80s without badges RP% isn't as forgiving as people with lower ratings that can time the meter. I've got a center buddy and he can green 3s with a 60 rated 3.

I've played a 60 rated 3 player with Gold badges, wide, and bricked everything.

So with RP% it takes everything about shooting and removes the timing reliance mainly to calculate the OTHER factors.

Against the CPU with my HOF badges it's more difficult because the CPU can close the gap quicker.

If you feel like you're getting good looks with decent shooters you may want to play meter off and go back to shot timing. With RP% your snipers will be deadly, but your middle of the pack shooters will take a bigger hit.

Steph with shot timing depends on the user. He can take stupid shots if he's got the timing.

RP% with someone like Steph means when he's busted there's NO WAY he misses. But you'll never see a green again. It's buckets... But you'll never get his little celebrations. However, you can guard someone like Steph a little easier if you can get there. Cuz if he's contested that's air ball sometimes.

It's shooting on the extremes in either way and less of a gamble like shot timing is for me.

We play a line up with 3 shooters with RP% in the park? I win about 90% of those games I can rely on my teammates to BUST them wide open. But they step on any one of us and I'm always like "ok I'm getting back on D I guess" loololol
Old 06-05-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
Rookie

It's super easy to shoot every player in this game can hit a wide open 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2022, 02:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrich170
It's super easy to shoot every player in this game can hit a wide open 3
I haven't had the chance to play new gen but the old gen 2K22 is impossible to hit shots from my experience.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

shooting is way too easy in this game if youre Not that Bad at Timing the shot...

in our online League (superstar sliders) most Teams Shoot above 40% and the best players Shoot above 60%, League leader (Joe harris) shoots 70%...
Old 06-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #8
MVP

tru11's Arena

Go with shot timing meter off.

Master the timing.

Its really fulfilling.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »