Home

2022 OPEING DAY GUIDE TO SETUP YOUR ROSTERS LIKE REAL LIFE

This is a discussion on 2022 OPEING DAY GUIDE TO SETUP YOUR ROSTERS LIKE REAL LIFE within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2022, 06:15 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
2022 OPEING DAY GUIDE TO SETUP YOUR ROSTERS LIKE REAL LIFE

ORIOLES:

I had to keep off OF DJ Stewart (L) because we can only have 13 batters on the roster.

I had to keep off RHP Mike Baumann because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I had to leave him off the roster for right now because there was no room to add him.

RED SOX:

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers LHP Austin Davis and RHP Phillips Valdez because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

YANKEES:

I had to add OF Tim Locastro (R) as the 4th bench player as the bench on the game must be 4 players.

RHP David McKay is not in the game and is not coming up in DD as of 05/01/22.

I had to keep off LHP JP Sears and RHP Clarke Schmidt off the bullpen roster because they are both a SP on the game as of 05/01/22.

I had to keep off RHP Ron Marinaccio because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I had to leave him off the roster for right now because there was no room to add him.

RHP Michael King was given the last spot in the bullpen.

RAYS:

LHP Jalen Beeks is not in the game and is not coming up in DD as of 4/24/22.

I had to keep LHP Josh Fleming off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

BLUE JAYS:

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers LHP Tayler Saucedo and RHP Trent Thornton because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

WHITE SOX:

I had to keep SS Tim Anderson off the roster because we can only have 13 batters on the roster and he was suspended in real life and not activated to play until 4/10/22.

I had to keep LHP Tanner Banks off roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

GUARDIANS:

I had to keep LHP Konnor Pilkington off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

TIGERS:

I had to keep RHP Elvin Rodriguez off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

I had to keep off RHP Rony Garcia because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I had to leave him off the roster for right now because there was no room to add him.

ROYALS:

I had to leave off RHP Collin Snider because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave him off based off my list.

I had to keep RHP Jackson Kowar off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

TWINS:

I had to add OF Trevor Larnach (L) as the 4th bench player as the bench on the game must be 4 players.

I had to leave off RHP Jhon Romero and RHP Jharel Cotton because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

I had to keep RHP Chris Paddack off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

ASTROS:

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers RHP Ronel Blanco and RHP Bryan Abreu because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

ANGELS:

* They have RHP Shohei Ohtani only as a SP. We have no way to use him as a hitter in custom leagues. Last year they added a MONTHLY AWARD card for him and it was a hitter card so we were able to swap cards out when needed.

* As of right now I am going to add an extra batter to put in the DH spot until I figure out a way to use Ohtani as a hitter.

They made LHP Jose Suarez a RP which he should be a SP and in their rotation, so I had to put RHP Oliver Ortega in his spot in the rotation and use him out of the bullpen like we had to last year as a WORK AROUND. I had to put LHP Jose Suarez in the last spot in the bullpen as the LRP as this will be a WORK AROUND situation like last year.

I had to keep LHP Patrick Sandoval off roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP on the game as of 05/01/22 He is part of their rotation and they are running a 6 man rotation in real life. We will half to bring him up when it's his turn to start and send another SP down to minors temporarily.

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers RHP Austin Warren and RHP Jimmy Herget because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

ATHLETICS:

I had to keep off OF Skye Bolt (S) because we can only have 13 batters on the roster.

I had to keep off RHP Jacob Lemoine because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I had to leave him off the roster for right now because there was no room to add him.

MARINERS:

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers RHP Yohan Ramirez and RHP Matt Festa because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

RANGERS:

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers LHP Brock Burke and RHP Albert Abreu because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

BRAVES:

RHP Tyler Thornburg is not in the game and is not coming up in DD as of 05/01/22.

I had to keep LHP Tucker Davidson off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

MARLINS:

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers RHP Shawn Armstrong and LHP Daniel Castano because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

METS:

* 2B Robinson Cano (L) is not in the game and is not coming up in DD as of 05/01/22. This really sets things back because he's a veteran player and needs to be in the game if he's a starting player.

I had to move INF Luis Guillorme (L) to 2B from where he should be on the bench on my list and OF Travis Jankowski (L) was given his spot on the bench. This helps balance out the bench without having to remove one of those players since we can only have 4 bench players on our rosters in the league.

I had to keep off bullpen pitcher RHP Sean Reid-Foley because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last player MRP based off my list.

PHILLIES:

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers LHP Damon Jones and LHP Bailey Falter because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

I had to keep LHP Damon Jones off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

NATIONALS:

I had to keep off bullpen pitcher RHP Patrick Murphy because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last player MRP based off my list.

I had to keep RHP Mason Thompson off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

I had to keep RHP Anibal Sanchez off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now in the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP. He was recently added to their 60 day DL. He made the opening day roster, but never appeared in any games this season yet.

CUBS:

I had to keep off OF Michael Hermosillo (R) because we can only have 13 batters on the roster.

RHP Keegan Thompson is a RP as of 05/01/22 but should have been the #5 starting pitcher during the opening day week so I put him in the LRP role for now.

RHP Mark Leiter Jr. was placed into the #5 spot in the rotation, but he was not on the opening day roster; he didn't get called up until 4/16/22.

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers RHP Scott Effross and RHP Ethan Roberts because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

REDS:

I had to keep off 3 bullpen pitchers RHP Dauri Moreta, RHP Ryan Hendrix and RHP Daniel Duarte because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 3 players MRP based off my list.

BREWERS:

I had to keep off bullpen pitcher LHP Hoby Milner because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last player MRP based off my list.

I had to keep RHP Jose Urena off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now in the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

PIRATES:

I had to keep off OF Jake Marisnick (R) because we can only have 13 batters on the roster.

I had to keep off LHP Dillon Peters because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I had to leave him off the roster for right now because there was no room to add him.

CARDINALS:

I had to keep RHP Andre Pallante off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

I had to keep off RHP Aaron Brooks because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I had to leave him off the roster for right now because there was no room to add him.

DIAMONDBACKS:

I had to keep RHP Humberto Castellanos off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

I had to keep off bullpen pitcher RHP Sean Poppen because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last player MRP based off my list.

ROCKIES:

I had to keep off OF Sam Hilliard (L) because we can only have 13 batters on the roster.

I had to keep RHP Jordan Sheffield off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

DODGERS:

I had to add OF Zach McKinstry (L) to the roster as the last bench player.

I had to keep off 2 bullpen pitchers RHP Mitch White and LHP Garrett Cleavinger because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last 2 players MRP based off my list.

I had to keep LHP Tyler Anderson off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

PADRES:

RHP Robert Suarez is not in the game and is not coming up in DD as of 05/01/22.

* Since RHP Robert Suarez is not in the game as of 05/01/22 I had to move each bullpen player over one to the right to fill their bullpen out.

I had to keep off bullpen pitcher RHP Javy Guerra because we can only have 8 bullpen pitchers so I decided to leave off the last player MRP based off my list.

* RHP Javy Guerra only played 1 game and was traded to the RAYS.

GIANTS:

I had to keep RHP Tyler Beede off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.

I had to keep LHP Sammy Long off the roster because we can only have 13 pitchers and he is a SP right now on the game as of 05/01/22 when he should be a RP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2022, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

Houston's Arena

Re: 2022 OPEING DAY GUIDE TO SETUP YOUR ROSTERS LIKE REAL LIFE

This is always subjective, but here is the positional changes needed from opening day until 5/15/22.

ORIOLES:

Jorge Mateo main position should be SS.

Ramon Urias main position should be 3B.

Chris owings main position should be 2B.

RED SOX:

Jonathan Arauz main position should be 2B.

Christian Arroyo main position should be RF.

YANKEES:

D.J. Lemahieu main position should be 2B.

RAYS:

Harold Ramirez main position should be 1B as he's started 5 games here vs any other position otherthan 10 starts at DH.

BLUE JAYS:

Santiago Espinal main position should be 2B.

Raimel Tapia main position should be RF.

WHITE SOX:

NONE.

GUARDIANS:

Yu chang main position should be 1B.

TIGERS:

Austin Meadows equipment needs updated still has yellow shoes from rays on and light blue mit.

ROYALS:

Hunter Dozier main position should be 1B.

Kyle Isbel main position should be RF.

TWINS:

NONE.

ASTROS:

Aledmys Diaz main position should be 2B.

ANGELS:

Jo Adell main position should be LF.

We need Shohei Ohtani a OF card in custom leagues and DD. We have no way of hitting with him online.

Jack Mayfield main position should be 2B.

ATHLETICS:

Seth Brown main position should be 1B.

Billy McKinney needs 1B added to his positions.

MARINERS:

Jarred Kelenic main position should be RF.

RANGERS:

Brad Miller main position should be LF.
Eli White main position should be CF.

BRAVES:

Adam Duvall main position should be CF.

MARLINS:

Bryan De La Cruz main position should be LF.

METS:

Mark Canha main position should be LF.

Starling Marte main position should be RF.

Travis Jankowski main position should be LF.

Brandon Nimmo main position should be CF.

Dominic Smith main position should be 1B.

PHILLIES:

Matt Vierling main position should be CF.

Nick Castellanos main position should be RF.

NATIONALS:

Dee Strange-Gordon main position should be CF.

CUBS:

NONE.

REDS:

Aristides Aquino main position should be RF.

Jake Fraley main position should be CF.

BREWERS:

Jace Peterson main position should be 3B.

Keston Hiura main position should be 1B.

Tyrone Taylor main position should be CF.

PIRATES:

Ben Gamel main position should be LF.

Cole Tucker main position should be RF.

Diego Castillo main position should be SS.

Michael Chavis main position should be 1B.

CARDINALS:

Corey Dickerson main position should be RF.

DIAMONDBACKS:

Seth Beer main position should be 1B.

Sergio Alcantara main position should be 3B.

Jake McCarthy main position should be RF.

ROCKIES:

Alan Trejo main position should be 2B.

Sam Hilliard main position should be LF.

DODGERS:

Chris Taylor main position should be LF.

Max Muncy main position should be 3B.

Hanser Alberto main position should be 2B.

Edwin Rios main position should be 1B.

Zach McKinstry main position should be SS.

PADRES:

Jose Azocar main position should be RF.

Matt Beaty main position should be RF.

GIANTS:

Wilmer Flores main position should be 3B.

Thairo Estrada main position should be 2B.

Darin Ruf main position should be LF.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
Pro

boxers's Arena

Re: 2022 OPEING DAY GUIDE TO SETUP YOUR ROSTERS LIKE REAL LIFE

I've been looking for a list of position changes, so this is much appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »