Home

1976 Roster - Madden 12 (PS3)

This is a discussion on 1976 Roster - Madden 12 (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2022, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
1976 Roster - Madden 12 (PS3)

I have created a 1976 Roster for M12 (PS3). I replaced the teams that didn't exist in 1976 with old World Football League teams: Jaguars (Jacksonville Sharks), Panthers (Charlotte Hornets), Ravens (Memphis Southmen), and Texans (Birmingham Vulcans). There is a free agent list made up mostly of players who were drafted in 1976 but did not make the final rosters. Every player has been edited, so all height/weight, age, college, draft status, equipment, etc. should be accurate. Depth charts are set as of Week 1 of the 1976 season, based off game books and official box scores.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS30770-ROSTER-1976.zip (776.3 KB, 75 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2022, 12:34 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 1976 Roster - Madden 12 (PS3)

thanks alot
Old 04-25-2022, 07:18 PM   #3
Pro

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-26-2022, 06:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for checking out the roster. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-20-2022, 02:57 AM   #5
Rookie

that1990guy's Arena

You deserve more than just a thumbs up. i really appreciate your accuracy and detail. There is a lot gems on the waiver wire, like King Corcoran.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2022, 01:12 AM   #6
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks a lot, I will definitely check these out. By the way, does anyone have draft classes that could be used with this roster?
Old 01-27-2023, 11:48 AM   #7
Rookie

For anyone who may be interested, I have created a franchise file to accompany my 1976 roster. The franchise is set to 32 team control. I changed the teams that did not exist in 1976 with WFL teams in my original roster. I've kept those teams as is but used the create-a-team function to replace the Panthers, Ravens and Texans with the Charlotte Hornets, Memphis Southmen and Birmingham Vulcans of the WFL. I tried to match the colors, logos, uniforms and stadiums as close to the original teams as I could. EA doesn't give you much to work with but they turned out good enough. I kept the Jacksonville Sharks as the Jaguars, but the roster remains the WFL's Sharks.

The franchise file includes stats for all players, records, awards, 1976 coaches (including coordinators), a full 1977 draft class, and an original 1976 schedule.

Unfortunately, you can not change the appearance of coaches in-game so only names and records have been changed to reflect the coaches of the era. I have, however, modified coaching attributes to reflect their real-life counterparts, which has a big effect on in-game play.

The schedule reflects what the schedule would be like in 1976. No Thursday or Sunday night games. All Sunday games start at 1:00 or 4:00. The last few weeks of the season include a weekly pair of Saturday games (12:30 and 4:00) just as they did in 1976. I tried to make the Monday Night games as they would have appeared in '76 based off teams performance in 1975. Lots of Steelers, Raiders, Vikings, Cowboys, etc. As per NFL rule back then, no team plays more than 2 Monday night games and no team plays 2 home Monday night games. Also kept the broadcasting rule that does not allow the Jets and Giants to play at the same time. I tried to be as realistic as I could with the schedule.

If you don't like the 32 team control you can use the editor to change user control to any team you'd like. If you don't like the created teams, I have attached the CVS files which you can download and import in a franchise of your own.

Also note that I swapped the Colts and Dolphins divisions. Since the Colts were in Baltimore in 1976, it made more sense to keep them in the AFC East and place the Dolphins in the AFC South.

Also changed cities: Arizona Cardinals in St. Louis, St. Louis Rams in Los Angeles, etc. I changed the Tennessee Titans to play in Houston but team names cannot be changed without screwing up the DB file, so they are still called Titans. You can play with the old-school Oilers uniforms, however, which are awesome. Unfortunately, I have still not found out how to change stadiums. Working on that.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

NOTE: The Franchise begins in Week 1 of the regular season. There is no pre-season for the first year. The only way to import stats and schedules and get them to work properly is to begin with Week 1 of the regular season. From Year 2 on there is a pre-season. Also you may need to change your profile I.D. using Bruteforce in order to use the franchise file, but I'm not sure about that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1976 FRANCHISE (M12).zip (2.49 MB, 25 views)
File Type: zip 1976 FRANCHISE FILES (M12).zip (59.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-27-2023, 09:25 PM   #8
Pro

Anyone with a 1972 roster for PS3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »