Home

Defense Ratings

This is a discussion on Defense Ratings within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-16-2022, 10:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defense Ratings

Does anyone know how accurate the show is for defensive ratings? It seems like they change so drastically every single year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2022, 12:28 PM   #2
Rookie

keymax's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Defense Ratings

Defensive ratings are used as a crutch to arrive at the desired OVR rating. Take Mike Trout, if you adjust his defensive ratings to where they should be his OVR drops to 96ish, which is completely fine, but people would lose their mind if he isn‘t a 99.

Their accuracy is poor.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:23 PM   #3
MVP

There’s an unfortunate sense in which they cannot be too accurate — that kind of advanced scouting data is locked behind paywalls anywhere you look (hell you can’t even see footage of most of these prospects except on bad cell phone cameras). So it would be kinda be the steal of the century if you could get accurate irl scouting data from this game.

That said, they definitely seem to try to get it pretty decent.

I would also say on this point that I think it’s more important that a player match your personal understanding of his skillset than for his ratings to be “objectively correct.” If a guy is known for good defense but is only a 55 fielder in the game, just fix it so that his ratings matches what you think. You don’t need a third party unless you do if you know what I mean.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymax
Defensive ratings are used as a crutch to arrive at the desired OVR rating. Take Mike Trout, if you adjust his defensive ratings to where they should be his OVR drops to 96ish, which is completely fine, but people would lose their mind if he isn‘t a 99.

Their accuracy is poor.
I figured that. If you know of a website that would have accurate defense ratings i'd love to know. I have ootp21, but don't even know how accurate theirs is

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »