Home

Defensive Sliders

This is a discussion on Defensive Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-11-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Defensive Sliders

I recently got the Xbox Series X and have been tinkering with sliders. I'm good with my offense computer's defense sliders but my teams defense is the bane of my existence. The CPU has a realistic shot % but they're running up the score because they're always finding guys wide open in the corner to shoot 3s. I'm not sure how the defensive Sliders work. Logic tells me on my user Sliders, bumping them up makes my defense "play better" but I've noticed on lower skill levels like Rookie, these sliders are actually lower than Pro so maybe I'm thinking about it backwards? Basically I'm just trying to figure a good setting so I'm leaving guys wide open on every CPU drive.

Last edited by PhlliesPhan6; 04-11-2022 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Too early
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Defensive Sliders

Maybe you should look into coaches settings during game if you don't already, making adjustments can sometimes ease the pain

Sent from my using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2022, 06:19 PM   #3
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm bad on defense as well the pick and roll destroys me, so what I do in my coach settings use the setting switch everything. Also if I am using the on ball defender and the CPU is about to pick and roll I switch to a weak side defender so the CPU can handle it. I also like using weak side defenders so I can help with him.

Also use the left bumper button to double team the ball in certain situations. This is extremely effective just like in real life. You will get a lot of jump balls and steals this way, especially if you catch someone near the sideline or baseline. Any weak dribbler or, bad player in general is target for a double team. I also use it to make a hot star player give up the ball and if they do I then let the button go so my defense can scramble and help on the pass.

I've been playing a lot better using this strategy.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:14 AM   #4
Rookie

big earl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I recently got the Xbox Series X and have been tinkering with sliders. I'm good with my offense computer's defense sliders but my teams defense is the bane of my existence. The CPU has a realistic shot % but they're running up the score because they're always finding guys wide open in the corner to shoot 3s. I'm not sure how the defensive Sliders work. Logic tells me on my user Sliders, bumping them up makes my defense "play better" but I've noticed on lower skill levels like Rookie, these sliders are actually lower than Pro so maybe I'm thinking about it backwards? Basically I'm just trying to figure a good setting so I'm leaving guys wide open on every CPU drive.
Same- I just got the PS4 edition and I am absolutely horrible on defense and the computer hardly ever misses. I'm talking whole games where they shoot 100% from 3. I've tinkered with the settings and nothing seems to change these two facts... It is nothing for me to lose by 30+ points. WTF?
Old 04-21-2022, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by big earl
Same- I just got the PS4 edition and I am absolutely horrible on defense and the computer hardly ever misses. I'm talking whole games where they shoot 100% from 3. I've tinkered with the settings and nothing seems to change these two facts... It is nothing for me to lose by 30+ points. WTF?
Lol bruh. . . I'm guessing you're playing offline, getting a feel for it before you decide to get your feet wet online, if so. . . either reduce CPU shot success sliders and or drop down from All star to pro, until you get the hang on defense I posted somewhere in a similar thread a few YouTube videos by others on playing defense that help a lot. . .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2022, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

big earl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
Lol bruh. . . I'm guessing you're playing offline, getting a feel for it before you decide to get your feet wet online, if so. . . either reduce CPU shot success sliders and or drop down from All star to pro, until you get the hang on defense I posted somewhere in a similar thread a few YouTube videos by others on playing defense that help a lot. . .

I am playing offline. I started with sliders on pro then adjusted my defense up and cpu offense down from there. Nothing works. I'm running offensive plays and my statistics and results are accurate. The CPU is frickin' unstoppable though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »