Home

Crowd not reacting

This is a discussion on Crowd not reacting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2022, 06:09 PM   #1
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

OVR: 0
Crowd not reacting

PS5

I’ve noticed a few games now in a home stretch that the crowd sometimes fail to react to basehits, RBI hits and strikeouts. It’s basically the reaction I’d expect the visiting team to get. I’ve even had my own fans groan an RBI double!

I feel it wasn’t this bad pre-patch so not sure whether they’ve messed something up but it needs fixing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2022, 07:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Crowd not reacting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc
PS5

I’ve noticed a few games now in a home stretch that the crowd sometimes fail to react to basehits, RBI hits and strikeouts. It’s basically the reaction I’d expect the visiting team to get. I’ve even had my own fans groan an RBI double!

I feel it wasn’t this bad pre-patch so not sure whether they’ve messed something up but it needs fixing.

I’ve seen this as well, on both versions of the game (PS4 and PS5)

Under reacting to hits, but overreacting to a routine groundball scoop or flyball catch in the outfield .. where the crowd will go from 0 to 100 like there was just a goal in hockey

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-08-2022, 10:41 PM   #3
Pro

Thank you for starting this thread, I couldn’t agree more. The devs claimed the crowd would react better than ever during the presentation stream. Honestly it was a big reason I purchased and it’s a huge let down IMO, super immersion breaking
Old 04-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #4
Pro

Very surprising, I guess no one else really cares about this? I called it out in the impressions thread but got scorched by Captain MLB the show
Old 04-09-2022, 12:27 PM   #5
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

I saw that .It's not like you used any of the naughty trigger words-at least as far as I could tell.
I stopped at 20 because I'm an RTTS player so I can't post any impressions.
The crowd is an important part of immersion and SDS has improved it every year.I can remember when if one person in the crowd took a sip of their drink every one else did at the same time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2022, 12:38 PM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Not only does the crowd not react properly, but the chants are way overdone. I played a game at Chase field earlier, and basically had to put the tv on mute because they chanted “Let’s go DBacks” the ENTIRE game. It sounded more like a college basketball game than a baseball game. I know chants happen, but not nonstop for a whole game.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-09-2022, 02:09 PM   #7
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Yep, I’ve only played a few games and the crowd hasn’t reacted to plenty of things.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:42 PM   #8
MVP

Yeah still lots of little hiccups, reactions will vary from being 100% on point and give me chills to then suddenly it’s back to being like last year. More good than bad though.

The one that sticks out for me is how they still have a tendency to cheer the defensive play but then not the out. So like infielder makes a diving stop, they cheer it like crazy, but then don’t cheer at all when the actual out is made. That’s a mistake. They should ooooh and ahhhh the defensive play and then cheer the out.

It’s still so much better than it was that I hardly care, I just hope they’re nice clean fixes for the audio team and not something that’s gonna stay like this until ‘23.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »