Home

The Great Teams Roster (MLBTS22, PS5) - Intro Thread (and Recruiting for Help!)

This is a discussion on The Great Teams Roster (MLBTS22, PS5) - Intro Thread (and Recruiting for Help!) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-05-2022, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Great Teams Roster (MLBTS22, PS5) - Intro Thread (and Recruiting for Help!)

After a few-year absence from making historical rosters, and from The Show in general, I'm feeling the bug to get back into both. Based on some feedback in the other thread, this year I'm going to build a roster suitable for playoff mode and possibly even for a full season mode, consisting entirely of great single-season teams from the history of each franchise.

Going to try to make this as exhaustive and accurate as possible, with true-to-life ratings, equipment, salaries (to the degree possible), and pitch selection. I'll start with 26-man rosters for each team and, time and energy permitting, expand to 40-man rosters later. I'll use this thread to provide updates on progress as I go.

NOTE: My biggest weakness in the whole roster-making process is making CAPs. I can do it, I guess, but I'm nowhere near as good at it as some of the folks on here; it takes me forever and about half of my players wind up looking like they got hit in the face with a sledgehammer. If there's anyone out there who wants to partner with me by making CAPs, it would accelerate the process of completing this roster by a factor of 10. Reach out in this thread or by DM if interested.

Anyway, getting started today. Back later with information on the first team selection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 07:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Great Teams Roster (MLBTS22, PS5) - Intro Thread (and Recruiting for Help!)

One team done! Introducing:

The 1975 Cincinnati Reds
REAL-LIFE RECORD: 108-54 (Won WS)
BEST PLAYERS (WS): Joe Morgan (11.0), Johnny Bench (6.6), George Foster (4.8), Cesar Geronimo (4.1), Pete Rose (4.1)

Lineup (OVR)
3B - Rose (76)
2B - Morgan (97)
C - Bench (90)
1B - Perez (75)
LF - Foster (82)
SS - Concepcion (83)
RF - Griffey Sr. (71)
CF - Geronimo (74)

Reserves (OVR)
C - Plummer (63); 1B/OF - Driessen (64); 1B/OF - Crowley (51); 3B/SS - Flynn (61), SS/2B - Chaney (63); OF - Armbrister (57); OF - Rettenmund (62)

Rotation (OVR)
LHP - Gullett (77)
RHP - Nolan (75)
LHP - Norman (64)
RHP - Billingham (62)
RHP - Darcy (62)

Bullpen(OVR)
RHP - Eastwick (68); RHP - Borbon (64); RHP - Carroll (64); LHP - McEnaney (64); LHP - Hall (53); RHP - Kirby (50)
Old 04-05-2022, 07:41 PM   #3
MVP

Re: The Great Teams Roster (MLBTS22, PS5) - Intro Thread (and Recruiting for Help!)

ABSOLUTE Solid Choice ............
Old 04-06-2022, 08:42 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Love the idea of the Project. I do not have the game yet, and not sure when I will buy. How does the vault look as far as created players? If players are being created quickly, then I would be in for a team. I am also not good at creating players faces. I would be in for the 1984 Tigers.

I have a new perspective on 22. For 22, Roster Ideas like these will be what I will focus on rather than spend energy and anger on getting Season Files on 21 moved over.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Ugh. As I get into this, I'm getting more and more disappointed with the way features have changed or been removed this year - the number of last names removed from the commentary is really enormous, the legends they added are mostly a lot less fun than the ones they took away, and the fact that I'm redoing work I did two years ago for other rosters is really discouraging. I am not sure this is worth the effort, I'm afraid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2022, 08:57 AM   #6
Just started!

Agree, so many name missing. No Berra, Maris, Petitte, Guidry, Hidecki,...
In reality, is 22 so much better than 20 that it deserves the time to make players. Made a bunch in the past and am wondering if it makes sense to duplicate. At this point, 20 will be the classic game and 22 the modern. Thanks for all the work you have done for us.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

For what it's worth, I've gotten past my prior temper tantrum and am moving forward, albeit slowly because it's a LOT of CAPs. As before, if anyone out there makes CAPS and would like to help speed this project up, please reach out!
Old 05-05-2022, 04:31 PM   #8
Rookie

LADodgerMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
For what it's worth, I've gotten past my prior temper tantrum and am moving forward, albeit slowly because it's a LOT of CAPs. As before, if anyone out there makes CAPS and would like to help speed this project up, please reach out!
Great! The work you have done, mainly the Reds, is it in the Vault? If it is under what name?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »