Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 22

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 22 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2022, 08:58 AM   #1
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 22

Welcome to year 5 of the TrueSim Franchise Roster Project! If you've used any versions of the roster, thank you. You make it one of the most popular rosters in the vault each year and we (Jeffzinn2004 and myself) are excited to continue bringing the most out of this fantastic game.

NOW AVAILABLE
Online ID: Cycloniac24
Roster: TrueSim Franchise Roster v2
Gameplay Sliders: Gameplay v3 (use when playing games, or in Manage Only Mode)
Sliders for Simming in Franchise: Simulation v2 (use when simulating CPU games or advancing days)

If you've never used our roster before, give this a read:
https://www.operationsports.com/the-...b-the-show-21/

We invest 100s of hours of time to preparing this project annually for free. You can show your support by upvoting in the vault, telling others to download, or donating via PayPal: https://paypal.me/truesim?locale.x=en_US

Play Ball!

Why Use This Roster?
By now, everyone knows how much Ridin's Full Minors brings to the game. We use that as our base every year. Ridin and his team don't touch MLB rosters. That's where we come in. We spend months before release conducting thorough research on more than 1000 MLB players and 500+ prospects. We use a data-driven method to re-rate each player, one by one.

We also refine ratings for all of the prospects included in Full Minors. They are usually inflated, ratings-wise or potential-wise, which makes long-term franchise play unbalanced and unrealistic.

This is all done to ensure franchise mode is fun beyond year one. If you want a deep, immersive franchise mode experience, along with rewarding gameplay, this is the roster for you.

What's Included
-Re-rates for over 1100 MLB players and more than 500 prospects, including every team's top 15 according to MLB Pipeline
Each player is re-rated, one by one, completely from scratch. All players are rated based on the TrueSim Projection System (TPS). TPS uses a variety of common and advanced metrics to ensure every player’s strengths, weaknesses and tendencies are reflected in gameplay and in simulations

-Full pitch repetoires powered by Statcast

-Adjusted depth charts, position changes and secondary positions for franchise mode longevity

-Equipment edits for increased immersion and realism

-Re-scaled potentials for long-term franchise play

-Slider sets for realistic gameplay and simulation, for both regular season and playoffs

The Ratings (2023 Sheet): https://1drv.ms/x/s!AghAoHIeEMGMgaB9...QtWNw?e=Ssvstw
*Additional players not in this sheet were edited by hand for depth chart purposes/where necessary

Franchise Mode Setup Guide
Spoiler

Sliders
Spoiler

Rating Process and Methodology
Spoiler

Last edited by Cycloniac; 12-07-2022 at 01:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 09:44 AM   #2
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 22

Awesome, cant wait!!!!

Just a heads up... Sounds like Ridin and team will be doing a roster but they're waiting for SDS big roster update in a couple weeks... Hopefully that roster adds Suzuki, Cano, etc face scans.

Im guessing you'll be using whatever roster Ridin puts out in the next month or so as the base?
Old 04-05-2022, 11:38 AM   #3
Rookie

deamon93's Arena

OVR: 0

Great news!!

I don't post much in this forum, but I loved your roster last year and really appreciate the effort you put in it. Also love to deep dive into your ratings spreadsheet.
I was waiting for you to anounce this year's roster. Really looking forward to it.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:41 AM   #4
Pro

Can you edit scan players name height body weight this year or you still can’t ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2022, 11:53 AM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethebestever
Can you edit scan players name height body weight this year or you still can’t ?

Negative, never have been able to edit this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 05:13 PM   #6
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

Rejoice!! just gonna keep plugging away on 21 until these awesome rosters are ready to roll! Downloaded and installed 22. Headed into the stretch run in year 2 franchise trying to defend the title!

Sent from my SM-N986W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-05-2022, 08:35 PM   #7
Pro

knich1's Arena

Hey Cy...just a thought... it would be great if you could team with one of the equipment guys this year.

Of course, equip is a mess right now.
Old 04-06-2022, 12:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Awesome, cant wait!!!!

Just a heads up... Sounds like Ridin and team will be doing a roster but they're waiting for SDS big roster update in a couple weeks... Hopefully that roster adds Suzuki, Cano, etc face scans.

Im guessing you'll be using whatever roster Ridin puts out in the next month or so as the base?

If this is true, can someone help me cuz i uploaded my franchise to cloud on ‘21 but when i go to cloud on ‘22 my franchise is not there and i dunno why…i linked my account if that matters

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »