Home

Any manage mode players get early access?

This is a discussion on Any manage mode players get early access? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-04-2022, 02:20 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Any manage mode players get early access?

I'm curious what the impressions are. Last year there was a major bug that crashed the game and another one that got you stuck in the bullpen.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Re: Any manage mode players get early access?

I remember those but both were patched later. I didn't have any problems with any freezing issues after patch. i just wish the rain Delays were in MOM. I never saw one
Old 04-04-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

The only issue I encountered so far, is the scorebug is in the lower left corner in every theme. If you do a mound visit, you cant see the choices because the scorebug overlays it. Had a couple rain games, no delay. Seen injuries. Gameplay feels great so far.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-04-2022, 04:01 PM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
I remember those but both were patched later. I didn't have any problems with any freezing issues after patch. i just wish the rain Delays were in MOM. I never saw one
They did fix it in late July or August.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I got mine (still ps4) today. I played an exhibition game. The new announcers were refreshing, frankly. It was. 6-5 game. Seemed pretty strong after 1 game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2022, 09:52 AM   #6
All Star

Ten games into the season I've lost four games with 9th inning or later home runs.

AI programmed to power swing late in games is still a thing. I'm going to have to experiment with different closers to see what style can negate the home runs. Maybe pitchers with good movement and control instead of power pitchers.

A large part of a successful franchise in manage mode is figuring out how the game is programmed and figuring out how to beat it which frequently doesn't match reality.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:19 AM   #7
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Ten games into the season I've lost four games with 9th inning or later home runs.

AI programmed to power swing late in games is still a thing. I'm going to have to experiment with different closers to see what style can negate the home runs. Maybe pitchers with good movement and control instead of power pitchers.

A large part of a successful franchise in manage mode is figuring out how the game is programmed and figuring out how to beat it which frequently doesn't match reality.
I’m not going to debate you on this one at all, but you just said it’s scripted. I have seen ZERO evidence of the AI programming power for the CPU late in the game. If I saw evidence of that I wouldn’t play MOM.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:11 PM   #8
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I’m not going to debate you on this one at all, but you just said it’s scripted. I have seen ZERO evidence of the AI programming power for the CPU late in the game. If I saw evidence of that I wouldn’t play MOM.
I dont want to be "that guy" and I dont really want to get in to the debate of...... but I have played a s*** ton of MoM over the years. Its just a reliever/closer bad outing, or wrong guy closing. It is not power loaded. It just isnt. I've had games with closers on fire and a 3 run lead going in the 9th and get rocked. Its baseball.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »