Home

PBP Audio is Rough

This is a discussion on PBP Audio is Rough within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-04-2022, 12:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
PBP Audio is Rough

Ok, I'll say it. The audio in this game is pretty rough. Maybe it has always been this way and I have zoned it out, and this year, with the new team, I am paying closer attention. The amount of times I have heard Boog say "this is a nine-pitch at bat!" and the count is 1-1 is astounding. Clearly impossible.

I have heard multiple times where Boog says "and the tying run is on base!" and the team with the lead is the one batting. And he says it with such excitement for 4-2 game in the second inning.

Three straight singels to knock in a run with each and Boog says "And they're on the board with lots of ground to make up." THREE STRAIGHT TIMES. NOPE FOUR STRAIGHT NOW.

Another one: "Up against the wall... and he brings it in!" except that it was a bloop into center that the CF ran down quite easily.

Singleton will just drop off mid-way through a sentence and Boog will then do play-by-play. It's not smooth or done with humor like in other games where the interrupter then apologizes.

I like that they brought in a new team and I figured there would be repetition, but when things are just blatently wrong, I get disappointed.

Last edited by Pirate; 04-04-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 12:26 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PBP Audio is Rough

I am not sure where people who had the game early were raving over the commentary.

I knew there would not be as many lines as Matty V and crew, that is obvious, but this is brutal. Hearing the same repeats again and again on day 2-3 of the game coming out.

I am very close to moving towards my yearly tradition of muting the commentary and having Spotify in the background when I play.

I also sometimes commentate my own games, so that works too.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I am not sure where people who had the game early were raving over the commentary.

I knew there would not be as many lines as Matty V and crew, that is obvious, but this is brutal. Hearing the same repeats again and again on day 2-3 of the game coming out.

I am very close to moving towards my yearly tradition of muting the commentary and having Spotify in the background when I play.

I also sometimes commentate my own games, so that works too.

People were raving about the new commentary because it’s refreshing. We had the same voice for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-04-2022, 01:04 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

As much as I like Marty V in real life, I am absolutely thrilled I won’t have to hear “ouchmeh” or “how much for one of them ribs” a thousand times this year
Old 04-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #5
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I like that they brought in a new team and I figured there would be repetition, but when things are just blatently wrong, I get disappointed.
There will always be commentary bugs at launch (even before this year), so the best thing you can do is take video clips and report them as bugs. There's a very good chance they can fix these in a patch so please be proactive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 01:08 PM   #6
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
As much as I like Marty V in real life, I am absolutely thrilled I won’t have to hear “ouchmeh” or “how much for one of them ribs” a thousand times this year

Was it “ouchmeh”?? I always thought it was OUCHBACK

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-04-2022, 01:35 PM   #7
MVP

Archie56's Arena

I love the commentary! Sure some things are repetitive but it's so much better than it was before

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2022, 01:40 PM   #8
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Maybe people (myself included) have been a bit prematurely blown away by the commentary. When you've played hundreds/thousands of games with Matty V & Co just hearing some new voices really does go a long way. I'm sure it will still get repetitive, but the things that impress me are the stitching of lines where Boog can interrupt to call the play them jump back into the conversation.

It certainly feels a bit more like Boog is actually calling the game I'm playing and not just triggering lines. After a year of him calling Cubs games I've gotten used to his style, and I think it works well in game. He is somewhat heavy on the generic one-liners so they feel natural in the game

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »