Home

Realistic sliders

This is a discussion on Realistic sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2022, 06:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Realistic sliders

Hey all,

So I’m looking for sliders that will play close to real life. I play on legend and like to be challenged. Baseball is so mental and i like setting up hitters on the mound and thinking along with the pitcher at the plate. In the past I’ve used mike lowes sliders but since he will not be buying the game this year I would love to get some help in this department. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 06:37 PM   #2
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Realistic sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdunc31
Hey all,

So I’m looking for sliders that will play close to real life. I play on legend and like to be challenged. Baseball is so mental and i like setting up hitters on the mound and thinking along with the pitcher at the plate. In the past I’ve used mike lowes sliders but since he will not be buying the game this year I would love to get some help in this department. Thanks

Check out Armor & Sword’s slider set.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-02-2022, 03:48 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdunc31
Hey all,

I think it would depend on what you consider realistic, realistic to CPU outcomes or realistic for the player as per real life?. Most of the popular sliders on this site is geared for the average player because the majority are set at All-Star and HOF with most of them being default pitch speeds. Default pitch speeds to me is batting at a snail's pace, and most players have to use that because most play on TVs instead of a monitor. I say if you want it realistic to real life as possible, play on Legend at pitch speeds at 10, I believe your reaction time is about .6 seconds with The Show 21. I think one of the only popular slider set with max pitch speeds last year was
kucklecutter's but his was on HOF..I used his with Legend at max pitch speeds and made slider tweaks of my own with about 50 hours of testing/Spring Training before I started my Regular Season Franchise.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Realistic as in what you would see in a real mlb game/season. Skill matters obviously but I think it’s more fun to know what kind of players you have on the roster and attack that way. I don’t want low power guys hitting home runs at an unrealistic rate among many others if you know what I’m trying to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »