Home

NBA 2K Game Play has regressed, how many others are going back to Older 2ks Games?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K Game Play has regressed, how many others are going back to Older 2ks Games? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2022, 01:55 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K Game Play has regressed, how many others are going back to Older 2ks Games?

It is Sad the way that the Bugs, Glitches and Catering to the OnLine Spammers have ruined 2k Gameplay.

I have gone back to NBA 2K11. It is such Pure Basketball and not ruined by game breaking Badges or Gamers who want it changed because their 7'0 Center can't blown by Guards.

I have tried both 2k22 & 2k21 and just cant enjoy your them for more than a few games.

How many others have gone back to Older 2ks to get their Gameplay fix?

Some say the Graphics are too plain, I think 2k11 holds up very well visually considering it is over a Decade old. The Gameplay is by far better than anything 2k has put out recently.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 02:10 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K Game Play has regressed, how many others are going back to Older 2ks Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
It is Sad the way that the Bugs, Glitches and Catering to the OnLine Spammers have ruined 2k Gameplay.

I have gone back to NBA 2K11. It is such Pure Basketball and not ruined by game breaking Badges or Gamers who want it changed because their 7'0 Center can't blown by Guards.

I have tried both 2k22 & 2k21 and just cant enjoy your them for more than a few games.

Some say the Graphics are too plain, I think 2k11 holds up very well visually considering it is over a Decade old. The Gameplay is by far better than anything 2k has put out recently.
I've been playing older basketball games (not just 2k) for like 2 years now. Some of them definitely are better. PS2 was a golden era for the amount of basketball games and I think PS3 was a golden era for the best basketball games.

I am tempted to try 2k22 though but only for some of the rosters you can download. Some great classic team rosters out there.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K Game Play has regressed, how many others are going back to Older 2ks Games

It's funny, I used to play the EA NBA games every year on PC until about 2000. For reasons related to moving internationally I got out of basketball games for a while and quite frankly I got tired of the NBA.

Then I picked up NBA games again around 2017. Interesting time because people were just starting to expect that the great games they had had from 2011 to 2016 would only get better in the PS4/XBOne generation. But what I've clearly seen on numerous forums is that people have been for the most part unhappy with 2K in the past 5 years.

So around 2019 I went back based on recommendations to try out the PC 2Ks from 11 to 14 because they had all been modded and kept up to date. I did enjoy all of them but clearly some mods are better than others. I think NBA games and which you prefer is weighted heavily by how you play. I'm a button push only person for shooting and I only play real shot percentages. I like fully having the right stick for moves and ball handling.
In the past few years I've actually bought 2K two or three times including 2K22 and as a purely offline, purely single season mode, full control of all teams player, I actually don't have any problems with it. But as I said, I don't permit any transactions, I do no scouting, drafting, trading, I think all that stuff is infuriatingly boring and never executed well. 2K22 plays the game the way I think is fun and also authentic. And I just don't see the issues people complain about because I think either my knowledge is limited in the finer details of basketball that I have better mastery of in other sports, or simply they don't bother me enough.

So, I'd love to know what NBA2K game on PC that has updated mods you guys consider best at realistically representing basketball on the court. No extra features, no game modes, just on the court the physics and mechanics of NBA basketball. Because unless I'm wrong, I'd say they all do a good job until you start looking at specific game modes. Am I wrong?
Old 03-31-2022, 04:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Nice to hear from you my dawg. I'll take your word on that one. I have very fond memories of 2K11.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb

https://forums.operationsports.com/m...-games-apathy/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 05:27 AM   #6
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

11, 16 and currently 2k20 - that's all I play.

Despite understanding it from a business point of view, 2K sold their souls to the online gaming devils and care more about that than anything else now.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Its gotten to a point that I just dont play the 2k series anymore!! Im absolutely shocked how a series goes from fundamental realistic basketball to what we have now specifically how a next gen game somehow has not advanced the series! the movement lack of basic rules of basketball regarding defense fast breaks fouls etc are all out of whack and im shocked because I believed in Czar!! I literally became a mlb show newb junkie last year after playing it and seeing how immersive and realistic it is and they listen and try to make it better!! just my opinion but I know alot of people who have done the same!!!
Old 04-01-2022, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

people complain and complain and complain about the current 2k iteration every year and then turn around and buy it again the next year. stop kidding yourselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »