Home

MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-30-2022, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

With the release date coming up soon, I know many on here like to bounce ideas off others for possible trades in their franchise so I figured it wouldn't hurt to get this thread going.

It would also be nice for people to not use their thread because they feel like arguing. Discussion is fine, but lets not come into here with the sole intention to argue with someone, as it has been seen in the past. If you ask for advice about a trade, and people give you feedback that is not what you wanted, just move on and not argue why they are wrong. If you disagree that's fine, and remember each franchise is your own and you are free to do whatever you want in your own franchise universe. Some people have a tendency to immediately start arguing with everyone who gave feedback. Remember people are on here spending their free time to give feedback on trades, lets remain respectful.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/ is a good tool to use when trying to evaluate trades. You can use it to see the availability of certain players (none-very high) and their trade value. Now this will only work for trades for the 2022 season and maybe 2023/2024 seasons to a lesser extent. Feel free to use it to help with your trade ideas.

Things to consider mentioning in your post

Context to the situation - What are the teams records? How is their prospect development at the position in question? What are the finances of the player and the team? How is the player doing statistically? Are there any injury circumstances? The more specific you could be the better, especially when it comes to fictional trades and trades 5+ years in the future.

Ratings - Make sure to explain the ratings and potentials. Maybe in your franchise someone has significantly hire ratings or potential than in other people's franchise. Maybe it's a fictional player or maybe you adjusted ratings in your franchise on your own. No matter what, this is valuable information. What is their overall and potential?

Fair & realistic - Are you looking for one or the other, or both? This will help people when they give feedback to you. You can use the trade simulator tool to post a screenshot or something to help illustrate your trade.

Layout - If you layout your trade or what you are looking for in an organized manner, it will help. Here is how I layout trades when I look for feedback. You do not have to use this, and feel free to do it however you want, but remember that organization helps.

For example:

Giants Receive
SP Luis Castillo (MLB) 90 Overall - A Potential
1B Joey Votto (MLB) 85 Overall - A Potential

Reds Receive
SS Marco Luciano (A) 60 Overall - A Potential
OF Heliot Ramos (AAA) 70 overall - B Potential

Happy trading!

Last edited by Friar Fanatic; 03-30-2022 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 04:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

I guess I can start it off as I am trying to plan my first year.

I am playing with the Padres and I love mixing up my defensive positions. Looking for a fair and realistic trade and I am willing to overpay. This is before spring training for the 2022 season.

Key players that I am willing to part with in order of their trade value: Hassell, Campusano, Paddack, Gore, Morejon

Keeping: Grisham, Cronenworth, Abrams, Weathers, Musgrove

I am looking at acquiring any of the following.

Whit Merrifield, Gleybar Torres, Max Kepler

Votto, Yelich (would need to be creative with unloading Hosmer, not sure if it could financially work or if MIL would even trade Yelich).

Yastrzemski (probably not likely due to division rival and coming off division win).

Let me know your thoughts, I am especially interested in fans of any of those teams of players that I listed.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:51 PM   #3
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Like the thread even though I will be posting most of my franchise stuff in the franchise thread any trades I will post here. I usually only make moves if they match up point wise on the baseball trade values website
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 04-01-2022, 07:16 AM   #4
Banned

JakesDad2016's Arena

Kyle Schwarber is one of my favorite players so I always try to trade for him and have him on my roster.

A few RP I like having are Hoby Milner, Hunter Strickland and David Robertson, especially on the 20 version.

Kris Bryant is my favorite player but the contact keeps me from trading sometimes.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:04 AM   #5
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Always love this thread

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I’m going to be the Cubs, and in order to keep things as realistic as possible I’ll be offering to trade Willson Contreras for a 12 pack of Natty Lite, a 25-year old Triple-A relief pitcher, and a career bench player with a lifetime average around .225.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Year two of my Guardians (Indians) franchise. This will be the only time I’ve ever played with the same team in back to back season’s. After losing Rosario, Hernandez, Luplow, and Perez it’s pretty obvious I need another big bat in my lineup. Thinking right fielder or first baseman.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I’m going to be the Cubs, and in order to keep things as realistic as possible I’ll be offering to trade Willson Contreras for a 12 pack of Natty Lite, a 25-year old Triple-A relief pitcher, and a career bench player with a lifetime average around .225.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I think Contreras has more value than you think. Lets say you trade him to the Mets, you could realistically ask for catching prospect Amaya back. That is just one example. https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/457/ has his value around 10, so if you sold low you can find someone around 5-8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
Year two of my Guardians (Indians) franchise. This will be the only time I’ve ever played with the same team in back to back season’s. After losing Rosario, Hernandez, Luplow, and Perez it’s pretty obvious I need another big bat in my lineup. Thinking right fielder or first baseman.
How big of an impact player are you thinking? Like All-Star level or someone under the radar that can be a 2-3 WAR player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »