Home

WWE 2K22 Returns From the Dead

This is a discussion on WWE 2K22 Returns From the Dead within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-28-2022, 01:56 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
WWE 2K22 Returns From the Dead

Believe it or not, there is a large wrestling game community out there. Over the past...

Written By: Phil Varckette

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2022, 02:16 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I've bought my fair share of wrestling games. 2k22 is definitely good. It's not my favorite wrestling game ever but it's definitely my favorite*the past 7 years or so. Lots of modes, fun gameplay, good controls, robust creation system, really good stuff.*

Last edited by Gramps91; 03-28-2022 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: WWE 2K22 Returns From the Dead

I agree that the game really turned-out well, all things considered.

I really enjoyed the Mysterio showcase, and I think the game controls are fairly intuitive.

I typically only play exhibitions with classic wrestlers and CAWs, and don’t delve very much further.

I initially thought there could be big trouble considering a year off and new controls.

Kudos to 2k!
Old 03-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

It’s a shame that it’s still a series haunted by terrible decisions.

Why are whole wrestlers and attires locked into certain modes?????

Many of us “series regulars” are sick of it and tbh this year is the worst for it….

A whole list of retro attires and legends in the game but not in the game. Just to get micro transaction payments.

Let’s make sure we point out these grubby practises
Old 03-28-2022, 04:20 PM   #5
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
I only have one complaint with the new game. Just one but its a big one. I do not like they gated wrestlers behind content. Like to use Eddie Guerrero or Shawn Michaels you need to go into showcase mode and get all 15 objectives done in a match. And for someone like me who has issues with his hands at times I can not get more then 5 so I will never be able to use them
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2022, 06:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
I only have one complaint with the new game. Just one but its a big one. I do not like they gated wrestlers behind content. Like to use Eddie Guerrero or Shawn Michaels you need to go into showcase mode and get all 15 objectives done in a match. And for someone like me who has issues with his hands at times I can not get more then 5 so I will never be able to use them
Perhaps look to the Creation Community for the best alternative? WhatsTheStatus posts versions of the "gated" characters (I know they've got a couple HBK's), while there are probably very good Michaels and Eddie CAWs out there already, as well. I know it's not exactly the same, but not sure how else to get past the Objectives barriers.

But I definitely agree with your point! Hiding characters like Michaels, Batista, Kane, and Eddie in someone else's showcase just doesn't make sense. It certainly doesn't make the mode more fun. I feel like the mode does such a great job mixing the in-game with the historical footage that it's super engrossing without having to worry about completing 3 light combo attacks in a row...
Old 03-28-2022, 06:52 PM   #7
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

My complaint is that during ‘Universe’ mode, for the royal rumble, I decided to edit the participants. I adjusted the order for maybe 3-4 people at varying #s and the rest were random order. Well, no matter who I chose to control they always ended up being the 1st wrestler to come out each time. I exited and restarted three times once I realized I couldn’t be a user in the royal rumble and have them come out any number but 1 when I tried assigning the number.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:56 PM   #8
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I also really hate how they lock wrestlers behind the Showcase. And even worse, you can't even download created wrestlers of the ones you haven't unlocked.

I really think they should re-think that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »