Home

Did the grind become easy?

This is a discussion on Did the grind become easy? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #1
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Did the grind become easy?

Not a huge DD guy but I put some time in. Especially if there was a 99 ovr Diamond I wanted. Just bought 21 two days ago. Literally have put maybe 90 minutes into DD and already have 5 Diamonds and a bunch of golds.

All I was doing was those daily challenges most of which are rookie or veteran difficulties. Within 45 mins had a 99 overall Reggie Jackson. Seems too easy...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

papadell's Arena

Re: Did the grind become easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Not a huge DD guy but I put some time in. Especially if there was a 99 ovr Diamond I wanted. Just bought 21 two days ago. Literally have put maybe 90 minutes into DD and already have 5 Diamonds and a bunch of golds.

All I was doing was those daily challenges most of which are rookie or veteran difficulties. Within 45 mins had a 99 overall Reggie Jackson. Seems too easy...
Well the game is a year old at this point and they make it easier to attain cards as the game winds down.

22 launches in a couple weeks. There's a lot of grinding to be done early but no you don't get 99s that easy during the course of the cycle.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Wasn’t Reggie a daily moment reward? To put it into context, to get those cards originally, you had to log in and complete a daily moment around 20 times in a month. Toward the end of the game cycle, they put all of those out for people who missed them to be able to obtain the rewards.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #4
Pro

After the All-Star break they hand out 99s like candy and there are a lot of fairly quick paths available to them, especially if you pick up the game in like September or after the season.

They do make it relatively easy to get lower diamonds fairly early, but the grind towards the highest tier is longer just because they build it up for a few months.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:20 PM   #5
MVP

papadell's Arena

I feel like the AS game stuff this year was almost too good too soon. I don't know the right balance there.

Like I feel like midtier legend or flashback all star game cards would be cool versus endgame cards in the middle of the year. But it also gave us amazing cards that definitely improved variety.

But it also gives people new to the game in the middle of a cycle a chance to grind out a competitive team just by playing so maybe it's perfect as is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2022, 07:16 PM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I hated Immortals and those were certainly not easy. I also don’t like how 99s have been made so common that low tier legends are getting maxed out hitting and pitching stats. There has to be a balance.

My personal favorite was back in the day when you were given a players rookie card and you had to accumulate stats to unlock their prime card. Not moments but simply getting stats and earning that higher overall card I’d like to see make a comeback
Old 03-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
I feel like the AS game stuff this year was almost too good too soon. I don't know the right balance there.

Like I feel like midtier legend or flashback all star game cards would be cool versus endgame cards in the middle of the year. But it also gave us amazing cards that definitely improved variety.

But it also gives people new to the game in the middle of a cycle a chance to grind out a competitive team just by playing so maybe it's perfect as is
The AS game stuff last year was ill-conceived all-around.

1. The cards ramped-up way too much in OVR - those OVR-chasers grabbed onto them - pretty sure lineup diversity died right then and there. A fair number of them (the infamous DeGrom) were near end-game quality. Sorry - but near end-game cards should not be available in that quantity in July.
2. They really ratcheted-down the requirements that TA. I think they wanted people to be able to play with the AS cards on AS week - and as designed, there were people who were easily done within a couple of days. Even not grinding hard, it was very easy to get all the cards quickly without trying and it left a massive void in grindable content for about 6 weeks.
3. There were too many ASG guys - which lead to some challenges with Finest (duplicative cards when without the ASG being tied to TA, would've flowed-out more naturally).

I'm with you; I think they could make significant use of flashback and legend All Star series cards if they keep a TA ASG themed this year. Then, for the actual 2022 ASG, they do more of a short program with a few cards. That would allow for a much more natural flow for other 2022-based content (like postseason, finest) without the unneeded pressure to their content team to avoid too much duplication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
My personal favorite was back in the day when you were given a players rookie card and you had to accumulate stats to unlock their prime card. Not moments but simply getting stats and earning that higher overall card I’d like to see make a comeback
I really think this needs to make a comeback and this is how they should do evolution programs in the future. I think as part of the program, they could require players to hit a particular parallel level with a base card (I think hitting PIII is reasonable in most cases) before you upgrade. To me, it just makes sense....you play with the card to evolve it. It also has the benefit of being weighted based on online/offline and level played (which was a failing of the immortals grind in '18 - no weighting at all). If you want a mind-numbing grind on rookie, you can...if you want to just play through normally, you can do that.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The AS game stuff last year was ill-conceived all-around.

1. The cards ramped-up way too much in OVR - those OVR-chasers grabbed onto them - pretty sure lineup diversity died right then and there. A fair number of them (the infamous DeGrom) were near end-game quality. Sorry - but near end-game cards should not be available in that quantity in July.

2. They really ratcheted-down the requirements that TA. I think they wanted people to be able to play with the AS cards on AS week - and as designed, there were people who were easily done within a couple of days. Even not grinding hard, it was very easy to get all the cards quickly without trying and it left a massive void in grindable content for about 6 weeks.

3. There were too many ASG guys - which lead to some challenges with Finest (duplicative cards when without the ASG being tied to TA, would've flowed-out more naturally).

I'm with you; I think they could make significant use of flashback and legend All Star series cards if they keep a TA ASG themed this year. Then, for the actual 2022 ASG, they do more of a short program with a few cards. That would allow for a much more natural flow for other 2022-based content (like postseason, finest) without the unneeded pressure to their content team to avoid too much duplication.

I really think this needs to make a comeback and this is how they should do evolution programs in the future. I think as part of the program, they could require players to hit a particular parallel level with a base card (I think hitting PIII is reasonable in most cases) before you upgrade. To me, it just makes sense....you play with the card to evolve it. It also has the benefit of being weighted based on online/offline and level played (which was a failing of the immortals grind in '18 - no weighting at all). If you want a mind-numbing grind on rookie, you can...if you want to just play through normally, you can do that.

They tried doing the evolution/player programs but I felt they were too reliant on moments. I like collecting a rookie-> breakout -> all star -> awards -> prime -> veteran card.

It’d really let you play as one player but different forms for a reason instead of just an upgraded card but because you earned that high OVR version and didn’t just buy/complete a moment and 2 stat grinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »