Home

[FM22] Hull City - The Tiger Kings

This is a discussion on [FM22] Hull City - The Tiger Kings within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-19-2022, 08:51 PM   #1
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7
[FM22] Hull City - The Tiger Kings

Looking for a bit of new save inspiration on the forums lately with some really great blogs by Shrewnaldo,MattyLewis11 and danielgear has prompted me to kick things off with Hull City a club owned by the Allam family have had some highs and lows, under the Allam family reign there have been two promotions to the Premier League, and a first ever FA Cup final appearance. Also under their stewardship have been relegated three times with two unsuccessful attempts to change the club's name which went down like a lead balloon with the fan base. The club has been up for sale for a few seasons and as you can see from the squad above aren't exactly spending a lot of money for the this level as the owners are not really investing into the playing squad recently and trying to recoup financial losses through player sales.

I haven't had a personal save that has really grabbed me this year, and general life hasn't allowed me to get as much FM time as I would have liked I have enjoyed reading about different ways to play FM. I wanted to just create a little thread to share my thoughts as I move along the save and try to approach rebuilding the squad from a different angle both tactically and recruitment wise. In the past I've mostly focused on attributes - If his attributes look good, i'll sign him!,*and while that's not necessarily a bad option I wanted to take a different approach and dig a little deeper into stats after enjoying Shrew's Statman and Robins save.

If you haven't read the Byline article by*@danielgear*you should!, I've quizzed the host of the Grass and Gear podcast about his methods of playing and slowly he's converted me to a more realistic approach of using the Director of Football to make transfer deals and take control of the contracts, I can tell you from trying this with a few side saves, it can be frustrating to have deals slip through your fingers but also adds a sense of realism, so it blends well with trying to find players using statistics too and Hull City are a good club to rebuild as the board are just expecting survival for the first season so it takes some pressure off having to deliver success immediately.

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-...cruitment-fm22

Lee Darnbrough is currently our Director of Football and Head of Youth Development, financially Hull City have amassed quite a bit of debt tho the club is up for sale in FM22 and there's a good chance a buyer may purchase the club and wipe the debt but we'll see how that plays out!, the first transfer window is turned off anyway so I doubt i'll have much to spend in January either. I don't normally spend to much on backroom staffs immediately, tho I have offered a contract to Jody Morris to be an Assistant Manager and might make some reassessments at the end of the season!. I'll post up some tactics in the next post and keeping things simple as we're predicted to finish 18th and avoid a relegation battle. I'll also be keeping an eye on players from the Under 23's and Under 18's to bring through as the academy will be an important aspect of this save and i'll try to write up a little bit on player development.
I don't intend on rushing through this save I'm more focusing on digging through the stats to find players, organizing a collective of players to add to shortlists and relying on a Director of Football to get the deals done so it will take some time - especially the first season but I'll try to post shorter updates and maybe a longer seasonal update on things that went well, things that didn't, and players that are standing out in the recruitment department. Ultimately as mentioned I will be trying to look at solving tactical issues and finding players using the data provided but since I'll be using the DOF to get the deals done there's a good chance I may not get the targets I set out too, therefore in that case I may rely on finding the best player available based on attributes.

Last edited by Matty Aqua; 02-19-2022 at 08:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »