Home

Comprehensive Modding Thread for NCAA 12 and 13

This is a discussion on Comprehensive Modding Thread for NCAA 12 and 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-13-2022, 05:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Comprehensive Modding Thread for NCAA 12 and 13

I am creating this thread to be a comprehensive repository for all things modding NCAA12 and NCAA 13. It’s pretty much just copying whatever was done for NCAA14 where possible. I will try and update this as information and tools become available. I realize most of you are already active at the College Football Revamped (CFR) community on Discord, and a lot of this information is basic and well known, but it’s much easier to organize and archive information here in the OS forums for whomever might want it.

Custom Uniforms and Create-A-Team
This process uses the RPCS3 emulator for NCAA Football and the NCAA 14 AST editor that was created by the amazing CFR community, available at their Discord site. You can do this using a console too, if you learn the process of getting files on and off your console. Those guides are readily available here at OS in a sticked thread. The editing is the same for any version once you get the files off your console.

The organizer spreadsheets for NCAA 12 and 13 tell you which files you need to open with the AST editor to edit uniforms and stadiums. No need to use teambuilder teams anymore as a method for making a custom dynasty, just use Photoshop, GIMP, or Paint.net to customize almost any game graphics.

Youtube is your friend for step by step guides on using the AST editor to customize your dynasty. There might be better videos, just look around. Keep in mind these are for NCAA 14, but the process is the same for NCAA 12 or 13.

Video 1, video 2, video 3, video 4.

RPCS3 Emulator – for playing your PS3 version of the game. They have guides on how to dump your legally owned game disc and install it to play the game on your computer. It’s so much easier to customize the game if you play on the emulator instead of a console.

College Football Revamped Mod – most of you are already on the CFR Discord I think, but if not, you should join there too. You will learn more about modding and editing in general from them. Although you don’t use the CFR mod for NCAA 12 or 13, it might be easier to start with their mod and modding community to learn things. Some day maybe the CFR mod will be made for NCAA12 and 13 too.

AST Editor – works for NCAA 12, 13, and 14 (I don’t know about other versions), go the CFR Discord to get this, look in the #Tools section, or download from my link. Watch Youtube videos to get a good idea of how to use the AST editor, and use the guide I have linked. Right now this editor only loads the Fe2fig descriptions for NCAA 14, not 12 & 13, but you can just use the organizer spreadsheets below to find the files you want with the AST editor.

AST Editor Guide

NCAA12 AST Editor Organization Spreadsheet

NCAA13 AST Editor Organization Spreadsheet

All of the helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, shoes, logos, stadiums, fields, and mixmatch files are mapped out for NCAA 12 and 13. You should be able to easily make a custom teams now. These organizers are Google sheets in a Google drive, so you can add something if you find it.

Mixmatch XML files – You can directly edit uniforms, logos, stadiums, etc with Photoshop or GIMP for any team you want, but the mixmatch XML files are used to direct the game on where to find those files you edited, and apply them to a different team if you want. For example, you may decide it’s silly that Arizona State has 8 different kinds of pants, so you edit one of them to be used for Team B. To make it work however, you need to go into the mixmatch file for Team B, and direct it look at the specific Arizona State pants file that you edited. This is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

GIMP DDS Plugin – if you are going to use GIMP instead of Photoshop, you need to install this plugin to edit the DDS graphic files from the game. (If you want the guide from their forum, here it is. You don’t need this guide, just FYI).

Photoshop plugin – an NVIDIA texture tool, you need this plugin to edit the NCAA files in Photoshop.

Modding tools, templates, and files – Go to the CFR Discord site and you will find many of these created by their community.

Custom Dynasty Editing

EA DB Editor - Generic Editor (v1) from 2013

NCAA 12 Editor - from 2013, the purple and yellow one

Both from page one of a stickied thread in the Rosters section.

EA DB Editor - Skulletor's Editor (v2)
I have a copy, but not sure where it is here at OS

Madden Extreme Editor -

NCAA12 configuration file for use in DB editors (work in progress, next after organization spreadsheets are completed). Any help with these is much appreciated.
You can find two NCAA Configs here. The older one is labeled and limited. The newer one needs some help labeling, if you can lend a hand in getting it completed, please post in the linked thread.

PLEASE POST AND ADD WHATEVER YOU THINK MIGHT HELP WITH MODDING NCAA 12/13

Credit – the CFR community (Fang, Lt. Cheeseburger, Dwayne Wade, Guy LeDouce, A Pimp Named KingKonah, and many others), TheBleedingRed, TarHeelPhenom, parent22, tucker06, jsolomita93, and several others.

Last edited by WoolyGuy; 03-13-2022 at 10:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2022, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Comprehensive Modding Thread for NCAA 12 and 13

At this time I could use help finishing the organizer spreadsheet for NCAA 12. Just click on the link to access the NCAA12 AST Editor Organization Spreadsheet (here or in first post) and add whatever you have time for.

Jerseys and helmets are done, pants are half done.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #3
Pro

parent22's Arena

Have you tried to import stadium assets from NCAA 14? They might be a different format than 12 or 13, but it’s still worth an attempt. First, you could try straight up taking the file from 14 and importing it over the file in 12 or 13. If that doesn’t work, look at it in a hex editor and see if you can do anything with it.

Let me know if you want me to go into more detail. I don’t have 12 or 13, so I can’t test this myself. But if this works, you could possibly update the stadiums from 14 and even Madden 17, like CFBR did.

Great post by the way!
Old 02-15-2022, 02:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
Have you tried to import stadium assets from NCAA 14? They might be a different format than 12 or 13, but it’s still worth an attempt. First, you could try straight up taking the file from 14 and importing it over the file in 12 or 13. If that doesn’t work, look at it in a hex editor and see if you can do anything with it.

Let me know if you want me to go into more detail. I don’t have 12 or 13, so I can’t test this myself. But if this works, you could possibly update the stadiums from 14 and even Madden 17, like CFBR did.

Great post by the way!
That is a great idea! I have not tried that, but I will. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:03 AM   #5
Rookie

The NCAA 12 organizer is functionally completed now, with all the helmets, jerseys, pants, stadiums, fields, and mixmatch files mapped into the spreadsheet. The other details will have to wait until NCAA 13 is functionally mapped out.

Moving on to NCAA 13 now. If you have time to help, open the organizer file in the first post and add what you can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2022, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Added two config files for NCAA 12. One of them still needs help labeling things. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:51 PM   #7
Rookie

I've also got configs for NCAA 10/Madden 10 (Roster and Franchise/Dynasty) as well as Madden 25 (Just Roster) if anyone wants to map those.

Franchise mode for M25 is a different animal, you have to write a program that reads the schema. They're not DB file saves, like 10 or 12...

I have attached those below my post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 25 Roster Config.zip (2.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: zip NCAA - Madden 10 Config Files.zip (52.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-10-2022, 06:07 PM   #8
Rookie

NCAA 13 AST Organizer now updated in my google drive for all logos, stadiums, fields, jerseys, and helmets. Still need pants and mixmatch files, if anyone want to help out. See first post for how.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »