Home

Does "No Y2Y Saves" Include Rosters in the Vault?

This is a discussion on Does "No Y2Y Saves" Include Rosters in the Vault? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-31-2022, 09:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does "No Y2Y Saves" Include Rosters in the Vault?

Hi guys i am a little confused about todays news and seeing conflicting opinions.

As we all know by now, there yet again will not be any Y2Y saves for '22. However, does this include Rosters? Will there be a way to import rosters into 22? That is the ultimate decider of whether or not I will buy the game. THat would be INSANE if we cant import rosters to 22, but I wouldnt put it past them. Hours and hours and hours of work by roster creators would be wasted - that doesnt seem right to me.

Can someone help clarify this for me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 09:20 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Does "No Y2Y Saves" Include Rosters in the Vault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonboy_003
Hi guys i am a little confused about todays news and seeing conflicting opinions.

As we all know by now, there yet again will not be any Y2Y saves for '22. However, does this include Rosters? Will there be a way to import rosters into 22? That is the ultimate decider of whether or not I will buy the game. THat would be INSANE if we cant import rosters to 22, but I wouldnt put it past them. Hours and hours and hours of work by roster creators would be wasted - that doesnt seem right to me.

Can someone help clarify this for me?
In my opinion the most overlooked part of this game. The junk roster they release with the game is unexplainable.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:25 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

seeing as last year they took out the import option of previous years rosters I can't see that returning again either this year and now that it is on the switch that will 100% confirm it as they don't have a previous years game. same issue with xbox last year.

We can hope for it but early signs point to 'no chance' with no Y2Y saves again. so mlb 20 will remain the only game where you could import older rosters.. so yes more months of work again to be made from scratch get your videos ready to record 21 players and moving them to 22 which takes 30 min per player
Old 01-31-2022, 09:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
In my opinion the most overlooked part of this game. The junk roster they release with the game is unexplainable.
Completely agree. The full minors rosters, classic rosters, and even Bacons rosters are the only reason i still buy the game since im not into the Diamond Dynasty crap. I truly would be upset if roster dont even carry over. Like i said in OP, that is a slap in the face to roster creators who likely spend the time and energy creating rosters that they assumed would be able to transfer over to 22.

I saw that Logos uploaded to the vault will automatically transfer. Maybe thats a good sign? but stadiums dont transfer, so now i dont know again. I need a definitive answer on this ASAP!!
Old 01-31-2022, 09:44 PM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

So what I am going to do now is take videos of faces from mlb 21 that I know won't be in 22 of players to be added for 22 and move them across when the game comes out in April.

start making videos now over the next few months over my phone transferring it to my PC all ready in prep I have 2 months

I am using my PC to create players for remote play between 2 screens one screen has the MLB 21 players face video and the other remote play PS app is running in 22 and I just copy the face numbers across watching the video

So that is what I will be doing come April 5 (and pray baseball will actually be on to have in the background while I am doing it)

I advice others to do the same so you are all ready April 5. it does take 30 mins per player it it a lot of work but if you have those videos ready it becomes easier. just move them from your phone to PC if you run out of room and do it remotely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2022, 12:58 AM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Could you download rosters created on Xbox One for '21 and use them on PS4 etc.? I forget off the top of my head. If you can do that, I don't see why the roster carryover couldn't be a thing again from 21 to 22. But if it was tied to each console, I'd be less surprised if it were included for this year.

That said, I do think it's the thing that would likely come back before SOTS or carryover saves. The SOTS thing is almost certainly a console (and perhaps legal) issue that Sony/Microsoft just don't want to deal with, and carryover saves is most likely more technical than rosters as well.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:03 AM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Could you download rosters created on Xbox One for '21 and use them on PS4 etc.? I forget off the top of my head. If you can do that, I don't see why the roster carryover couldn't be a thing again from 21 to 22. But if it was tied to each console, I'd be less surprised if it were included for this year.

That said, I do think it's the thing that would likely come back before SOTS or carryover saves. The SOTS thing is almost certainly a console (and perhaps legal) issue that Sony/Microsoft just don't want to deal with, and carryover saves is most likely more technical than rosters as well.
You could but the vault would always come back with a error that it didn't work but it actually did/. (they never fixed it)

but now with the switch they don't have MLB 21 so this is why like last year when Xbox didn't have MLB 20 I can see why they won't have it in again this years game.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:37 AM   #8
MVP

Houston's Arena

What no y2y saves mean is EXACTLY that! You or anyone else will have no option to load or transfer any franchise or roster to MLB 22. No one and I mean no one (THE ROCK) LOL will get on 22 and be able to load any 21 franchise or roster files.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »