Home

Guide for what Rosters work for which Sliders PS4 / PS5

This is a discussion on Guide for what Rosters work for which Sliders PS4 / PS5 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-11-2022, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Guide for what Rosters work for which Sliders PS4 / PS5

Every Roster Requires a certain slider set. Some of them can use the defaults, and some cannot. That doesn’t make any better than the other. Since we have only one NBA game, it is easy to get bored of using the same type of roster, so you’ll have to switch it up sometimes. You might even want to experiment with different sliders. 2k has the best slider community. Here’s a list of some of the best Roster and Slider combinations…

2K Default Rosters: POPBOY Sliders, DEFAULT SLIDER SETS, SCHNAIDTS 4th set and SHADYMIKE. I don’t have to go into much detail. They are the defaults. People bash 2k’s roster but they are better than most people think. This year they have been doing a great job in comparison to previous years. (Changed due to patches)

Real2Kinsider: has been doing rosters since 2K3 I think. His formula is the same as 2k default but he’s more detailed, so I tested a few sliders with his roster. The best slider sets with his are definitely the DEFAULT SETS, POPBOY Sliders, and SHADYMIKES. SCHNAIDTS 4th set are great as well with the game speed set to 60. My personal choice is SHADYMIKES for this set. The defaults don’t give you enough 3 pointers. Myleague is amazing with his roster btw on the Shadymikes or DEFAULT settings. He has every position change, contract, heights, transactions, and badges updated. The only downside is that they are only on PS4. (Changed due to patches)

CelticLG ATD: They really defy the 2k formula but I love it. It makes the gameplay amazing. You really need sliders for it to work. SCHNAIDTS ATD slider set gives you probably the most sim gameplay experience ever. The ratings are a little questionable at times but I don’t care as long as it brings the perfect sim experience, and it does just that. ECCENTRICMEAT makes ATD sliders as well and they are great. The drive camera is not for me personally but I use the broadcast. He has made sliders for years and always delivers in sim style of play. JSIMKITS sliders play really well with this roster as well and his sliders are SHOT TIMING! His sliders work for both PS4 and PS5!

Nogster: This guy has been around a while too. He does everything like ATD. He really goes into detail with ratings and tendencies. and is a sleeper on the list. He uses 2k’s formula but is strict with his overalls. The gameplay is for more advanced 2k users as well because I always get my *** kicked with his rosters. That’s what makes them fun. The best sets with his rosters are the DEFAULT SETS. You can also use POPBOYS. It will help to increase the 3 pointers.

TYNOLE: one of my personal favorites on PS5. He also like ATD has an unorthodox way of doing his edits. But it works for the gameplay experience. He knows basketball. You can tell how he breaks down his videos on YouTube. He also updates the playbooks. The best sliders to go with his set is his own slider set. He not only did rating edits and tendencies, but he did sig shots, equipment, and appearance too. He has Melo with the braids. He has Claxton with black dreads. Idk how he accomplished that. But yeah his roster sliders provide a more uptempo style of play. It’s a lot like todays nba. A lot of 3s. The cpu will shoot up to 30-40 3s.

These are my guide on how to get the best slider experience on each roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by atlwarya; 02-09-2022 at 02:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2022, 11:37 PM   #2
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Guide for what Rosters work for which Sliders PS4 / PS5

Awesome write up 👍🏻
Old 01-14-2022, 02:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks I just want for people to know how to get the best out of each roster. I will keep analyzing different roster and slider combos that work.

Old 01-14-2022, 11:30 AM   #4
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarya
Thanks I just want for people to know how to get the best out of each roster. I will keep analyzing different roster and slider combos that work.

Great write up. Question which rosters do you use for your gameplay and if u do use atd do you use real fg or do u use shot timing

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Old 01-14-2022, 01:21 PM   #5
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

For anyone using Real2kInsider’s rosters they are accurate including the Knicks/Hawks trade from yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #6
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
For anyone using Real2kInsider’s rosters they are accurate including the Knicks/Hawks trade from yesterday.

What system is real2k roster on

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Old 01-14-2022, 07:14 PM   #7
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
What system is real2k roster on

PS4

Old 01-15-2022, 12:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarya
Every Roster Requires a certain slider set. Some of them can use the defaults, and some cannot. That doesn’t make any better than the other. Since we have only one NBA game, it is easy to get bored of using the same type of roster, so you’ll have to switch it up sometimes. You might even want to experiment with different sliders. 2k has the best slider community. Here’s a list of some of the best Roster and Slider combinations…

2K Default Rosters: DEFAULT SLIDER SETS, POPBOYS, SCHNAIDTS 4th set and SHADYMIKE. I don’t have to go into much detail. They are the defaults. People bash 2k’s roster but they are better than most people think. This year they have been doing a great job in comparison to previous years.

Real2Kinsider: has been doing rosters since 2K3 I think. His formula is the same as 2k default but he’s more detailed, so I tested a few sliders with his roster. The best slider sets with his are definitely the DEFAULT SETS and POPBOYS. SCHNAIDTS 4th set are great as well with the game speed set to 60. My personal choice is POPBOYS for this set. The defaults don’t give you enough 3 pointers. POPBOYS set are the most similar to the default set but fixed. Myleague is amazing with his roster btw on the POPBOYS or DEFAULT settings. He has every position change, contract, heights, transactions, and badges updated. The only downside is that they are only on PS4

CelticLG ATD: They really defy the 2k formula but I love it. It makes the gameplay amazing. You really need sliders for it to work. SCHNAIDTS ATD slider set gives you probably the most sim gameplay experience ever. The ratings are a little questionable at times but I don’t care as long as it brings the perfect sim experience, and it does just that. ECCENTRICMEAT makes ATD sliders as well and they are great. The drive camera is not for me personally but I use the broadcast. He has made sliders for years and always delivers in sim style of play.

Nogster: This guy has been around a while too. He does everything like ATD. He really goes into detail with ratings and tendencies. and is a sleeper on the list. He uses 2k’s formula but is strict with his overalls. The gameplay is for more advanced 2k users as well because I always get my *** kicked with his rosters. That’s what makes them fun. The best sets with his rosters are the DEFAULT SETS. You can also use POPBOYS. It will help to increase the 3 pointers.

TYNOLE: one of my personal favorites on PS5. He also like ATD has an unorthodox way of doing his edits. But it works for the gameplay experience. He knows basketball. You can tell how he breaks down his videos on YouTube. He also updates the playbooks. The best sliders to go with his set is his own slider set. He not only did rating edits and tendencies, but he did sig shots, equipment, and appearance too. He has Melo with the braids. He has Claxton with black dreads. Idk how he accomplished that. But yeah his roster sliders provide a more uptempo style of play. It’s a lot like todays nba. A lot of 3s. The cpu will shoot up to 30-40 3s.

These are my guide on how to get the best slider experience on each roster.

Great information for us who want real simulation gameplay.
Can you also suggest a simulation set for classic rosters and scenarios for each decade.For example 80's era had completely different style of play than the 2010's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »