Home

best way to sim?

This is a discussion on best way to sim? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-03-2022, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
best way to sim?

While I'm at it, I was curious if someone has compared all the ways of simming to see which is the most consistent and realistic? There are a few ways of simming and I might be missing some:

play-by-play cpu vs cpu
supersim
hitting advance to the next week

I have been doing supersim lately, and I won't be the first or the last to remark on how strange it can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2022, 12:45 PM   #2
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

Re: best way to sim?

I use the editor to become all 126 head coaches and I'll click on sim game for the important games each week based on rankings or rivalries, etc. I'll then advance to next week for the other games I don't care as much about.

Idk if it's because I'm all the head coaches, but I get way better/more realistic scores throughout a season because of it and it leads to most teams having higher yardage per game as well as more scoring per game.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:30 PM   #3
Rookie

I'll give it a try. I just took a look at cpu vs cpu observer mode, and the computer for my side simply will not play defense. The worst offense in the country could light it up for 500 yards with no problems. In general, especially mid-season, my team always sims much worse than it should play.

Last edited by rbx4; 01-03-2022 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbx4
I'll give it a try. I just took a look at cpu vs cpu observer mode, and the computer for my side simply will not play defense. The worst offense in the country could light it up for 500 yards with no problems. In general, especially mid-season, my team always sims much worse than it should play.
Well, awareness is the biggest factor if you're just straight up simming. I think the Sim engine only pulls your coach philosophy and the awareness ratings of your team. Your style of offense will also effect your defense.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbx4
While I'm at it, I was curious if someone has compared all the ways of simming to see which is the most consistent and realistic? There are a few ways of simming and I might be missing some:

play-by-play cpu vs cpu
supersim
hitting advance to the next week

I have been doing supersim lately, and I won't be the first or the last to remark on how strange it can be.

In my opinion play-by-play CPU vs CPU produces the most realistic results when you are scheduled to play both teams. It is how I simulate games matching two ranked teams. I'll let the CPU go and do something else during the sim (such as watching football or working).

Supersim as in meaning loading the game and then simming to the end after the opening Kickoff? That might be better than play-by-play and both options are better than...

hitting advance to the next week. This does not load the playbooks into the simulation. It is easily the fastest sim of the three and the simplest implementation. It is mostly a ratings sim, which means it won't translate well when you play either team later that season. For example, let's say one team has a power run offense playbook and has a 95 speed back with little power starting. In this sim, he is evaluated only as a 95 RB but in the others he is a good back in the wrong offense and is more likely to struggle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2022, 09:26 AM   #6
Rookie

Something that should be mentioned is that I tried to do a coach mode dynasty running a flexbone and realized that watching PBP is the only way for the QB to actually select an option besides keep. So coach mode is a no if you don’t care about play selection.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:36 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I've got a sim only (simulate game) dynasty in NCAA 06 as well as one that started as coach mode but has since become cpu vs. cpu (play by play). I like the sim only better just because, in 06 at least, the game is way too offensive. We talk about liking older games because they're less animation based but when you're watching a cpu vs. cpu game you see the benefit of having all these extra animations. lol
Old 01-06-2022, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

bryan_nelson88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
hitting advance to the next week. This does not load the playbooks into the simulation. It is easily the fastest sim of the three and the simplest implementation. It is mostly a ratings sim, which means it won't translate well when you play either team later that season. For example, let's say one team has a power run offense playbook and has a 95 speed back with little power starting. In this sim, he is evaluated only as a 95 RB but in the others he is a good back in the wrong offense and is more likely to struggle.
If you're playing NCAA14, CPU games have predetermined outcomes, so hitting advance to next week doesn't load anything. If you use the editor to change each game # to 127 OR you user all 126 head coaches to sim the games, it is the best way to go IMO. I've had multiple 4,500 yards passers as well as over 5,000 yard passers with an appropriate amount of TD/INT. Awareness is the biggest factor when it comes to QB and players in general when simming this way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »