Home

Old 12-30-2021, 06:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Screens

Screens seem terrible this year. Particularly, manually initiates pick and roll screens. It's so difficult to actually successfully trap a defender behind a screen and create space. They so often just instantly slip under it and is ready to meet you on the other side.

I've already raised body up sensitivity to try to get more contact initiated but with not much luck. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it something that needs to be (or eve can be) addressed via sliders or is it more of a problem with my own timing or utilisation of the screen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Screens seem terrible this year. Particularly, manually initiates pick and roll screens. It's so difficult to actually successfully trap a defender behind a screen and create space. They so often just instantly slip under it and is ready to meet you on the other side.

I've already raised body up sensitivity to try to get more contact initiated but with not much luck. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it something that needs to be (or eve can be) addressed via sliders or is it more of a problem with my own timing or utilisation of the screen?

Timing plays a huge role in the success of screens, positioning is also huge…… I used to struggle with getting in to big of a hurry and not letting the screener setup before I’d roll around……..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
MVP

I've also found that players just dart under a screen immediately. I'll call a screen, the big will get in position and the defender will just absolutely fly under the screen so quickly. If players are going under then I'd like to be able to shoot over the top but it happens so quickly I don't get a chance.

I'm working on the timing at the moment. Also trying not to use the sprint/turbo button too much and slow things down.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

You really just have to improve your strategy and skill in the pick and roll. Don’t always just wait for the screener to set before attacking; Don’t always just dribble toward the pick without any misdirection or size up beforehand. As soon as the screener starts moving toward you, do a few sizeup moves or fake the direction away from the pick and then explode out into the pick right before he sets.

If you wait for the screen to be set, the AI will almost always sniff it out and go under before you can attack the space.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:17 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
You really just have to improve your strategy and skill in the pick and roll. Don’t always just wait for the screener to set before attacking; Don’t always just dribble toward the pick without any misdirection or size up beforehand. As soon as the screener starts moving toward you, do a few sizeup moves or fake the direction away from the pick and then explode out into the pick right before he sets.

If you wait for the screen to be set, the AI will almost always sniff it out and go under before you can attack the space.
Yeah I'm finding this more and more. I'm already a lot better at getting the screens to hit. It's just taken some getting used to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Emilio's Arena

OVR: 3

I've found positioning helps. If a screen comes and I see the defender is already starting to slip in front or behind it, I take a step forward or a step back to make them reposition before I make my move around the screen. It makes everybody reset their positioning, and gives the screener a moment to be able to take a step without it being called an illegal screen. It adds an extra decision after calling for the screen but before using the screen. Just like in the NBA, sometimes the first screen doesn't work and then you call another one and read if the defender will do the same thing as last time. It used to frustrate me at first, but now I like working the two-man game. I play a lot with the Suns and it's fun dissecting a defense with the Paul-Ayton PnR, with guys like Booker and Cam Johnson as kick out options.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Speaking of screens, do you know if there is any way to get the AI to defend off ball screens. No matter what defensive settings I change to “switch” in the coaching settings, the AI will never actually switch. On top of that, the defender being screened will always get stuck on the screen. Basically any off ball screen will result in a wide open jump shot, and I have no idea how to stop it. I’ve given everyone on my team HOF pick dodger, taken brick wall off of every player, minimized strength attribute, and screens are still completely taking a defender out of the play. Any advice?(next gen btw)
Old 01-16-2022, 03:02 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonsherman
Speaking of screens, do you know if there is any way to get the AI to defend off ball screens. No matter what defensive settings I change to “switch” in the coaching settings, the AI will never actually switch. On top of that, the defender being screened will always get stuck on the screen. Basically any off ball screen will result in a wide open jump shot, and I have no idea how to stop it. I’ve given everyone on my team HOF pick dodger, taken brick wall off of every player, minimized strength attribute, and screens are still completely taking a defender out of the play. Any advice?(next gen btw)
Whats your hustle slider at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »