Home

It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas Outside of Gameplay

This is a discussion on It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas Outside of Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2021, 08:25 AM   #1
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0
It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas Outside of Gameplay

I'm relatively enjoying Madden 22 now that they've fixed/improved the pass coverage. Playing through my first season of Franchise mode since like 2006. Franchise still needs a lot but I like how it's set up. Gameplay is in a decent place, they just need to work on getting rid of legacy animations.

I think it's time the Madden development team to start investing more outside of gameplay. Areas like graphics overhaul, dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, field degradation, dirty uniforms, more playable camera options, post game replays, coin toss, referees, chain gang, etc. I think if they took one year and really focused on these areas it would make up for the lack of gameplay improvements that year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2021, 08:45 AM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas Outside of Gameplay

No gameplay is needs to be the focuses. Its not a state where they can just tweak some things!
Old 12-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

bnmdjm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I'm relatively enjoying Madden 22 now that they've fixed/improved the pass coverage. Playing through my first season of Franchise mode since like 2006. Franchise still needs a lot but I like how it's set up. Gameplay is in a decent place, they just need to work on getting rid of legacy animations.

I think it's time the Madden development team to start investing more outside of gameplay. Areas like graphics overhaul, dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, field degradation, dirty uniforms, more playable camera options, post game replays, coin toss, referees, chain gang, etc. I think if they took one year and really focused on these areas it would make up for the lack of gameplay improvements that year.
I actually agree with this, but this will likely be a universally panned opinion. No one is ever going to admit this, but Madden will never feature gameplay that the majority are satisfied with. However, who would complain if all of the things you just mentioned were added? If I got to vote, I'd vote on them taking a year off from making any additional gameplay improvements just to add all of those things in and then they can go back to gameplay since it seems like they can't do both. It's gameplay every year, and every year people complain about gameplay.

Why not fix things that everyone will be happy about? I'd also add to your list more presentation elements like a half-time and pre-game show. No matter how much they polish the gameplay, it's still going to feel like you're largely playing the same game if none of the other elements are ever improved/added.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

"It's Time to Start Focusing on Areas."

FIFY.

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Agree to a point with the poster. They do need to update the look of the playing surfaces. Outside fields look awful & can't hold a candle to fifa or the show, it's almost pathetic at this point. Also I can make a custom cam on PC, so not sure what their excuse is for that anymore, besides not wanting to do it. I'm not ever sure what EA's focus is thru the yrs because a lot of it seems neglected or ever changing

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 12-15-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #6
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmdjm
I actually agree with this, but this will likely be a universally panned opinion. No one is ever going to admit this, but Madden will never feature gameplay that the majority are satisfied with. However, who would complain if all of the things you just mentioned were added? If I got to vote, I'd vote on them taking a year off from making any additional gameplay improvements just to add all of those things in and then they can go back to gameplay since it seems like they can't do both. It's gameplay every year, and every year people complain about gameplay.

Why not fix things that everyone will be happy about? I'd also add to your list more presentation elements like a half-time and pre-game show. No matter how much they polish the gameplay, it's still going to feel like you're largely playing the same game if none of the other elements are ever improved/added.
I agree with this all the way. Let’s see full chain gang full ref crews.

But the dynamic/custom/combination weathers needs to be a must as well as dynamic time of day and dynamic fields. Can you imagine a Madden where no two games played will seem similar because of weather (by the way through in temperature) with different sand even with dynamic lighting a week 1 1:00 game game will look entirely different from a 1:00 week 17 game. Gives options to customize these things. Like us recreate an ice bowl game or the fog bowl. What happened to fog it was in Madden 02 but now is a distant memory. Even week 13 Monday game was frigid wind game. Give us these options. If one I know about these new consoles the environments look real and are dynamic. Even Forza horizon 5 a racing title has a living with simulataneous weather events. It is way past time to add these items. To me this is where has become stale.

Now I also agree with half time show and a weekly pre game day show highlighting league leaders, key matchups injury reports, even a fantasy segment based on your own living league. Give us something other click menu for daily tasks. Let Madden come alive. I agree gameplay is not there yet. But these other areas are decades behind.
Star Wars Outlaws

Last edited by poulka; 12-16-2021 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Incorrect wording
Old 12-15-2021, 09:20 PM   #7
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Another thought for us to chew on. Every year us as a community we harp on that gameplay needs to be improved. While I agree this line of thinking does one thing for EA. It makes them very repetitive in features. It kind of gives them a pass because they look at it and say oh the community wants gameplay improvements. So they just sit back and give us one improvement that they think is drastically going to improve gameplay. Or better yet bring back an old feature with a new name cough cough X factors. Remember Madden 08 had this same feature. Let’s not take them off the hook by suggesting gameplay again. Let’s challenge them to give us a living environment instead.

Also has anyone else noticed that Go Pack chant with stadium music has disappeared. It was in this Madden but I think it has been stripped away with a patch. Another trend of them taking away another dynamic feature that added uniqueness to the stadiums atmosphere. Let’s not fall into their let’s improve gameplay trap. No not this year.
Star Wars Outlaws
Old 12-15-2021, 11:57 PM   #8
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

The presentation and overall environment is just ages behind in general

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »