Home

Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors

This is a discussion on Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors

The rumors about Madden 22 franchise mode's two future promised updates being canceled aren't true, per...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by ChaseB; 12-08-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2021, 01:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22: EA (Mostly) Clears Up Canceled Franchise Update Rumors

I'm still playing the game (online franchise) because the on-field gameplay works well.

There's lots to fix up in the back end though, and disappointingly mainly related to the new features.
Progressive fatigue kills the AI opponents.
Coaching carousel just supercharges your team to the detriment of the AI. Bugged elements such as the one that causes AI to overrate your players meaning they constantly poach your practice squad.

New scouting is poor - get truck ratings for QBs but not throw ratings? Have to check each individual card for combine scores? etc

There is significant work to be done to fix these prior to new features.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #3
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie71
I'm still playing the game (online franchise) because the on-field gameplay works well.

There's lots to fix up in the back end though, and disappointingly mainly related to the new features.
Coaching carousel just supercharges your team to the detriment of the AI. Bugged elements such as the one that causes AI to overrate your players meaning they constantly poach your practice squad.

New scouting is poor - get truck ratings for QBs but not throw ratings? Have to check each individual card for combine scores? etc

Exactly.

Progressive fatigue pretty much had to be off for parity with the CPU.

Staff bonuses slant the game even more in the player’s favor.

You can ignore Scouting entirely now until the day before the draft and still pick out the hidden dev players easily. I just did this last season with picks 32 and 64 🤦🏻*♂️

Just want as close to a level playing field as possible so CFM stays challenging for more than one season. It’s at the point where I have to handicap myself with sliders and overpaying players.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

EA sure knows how to save face lol

Remember when 2k First announcement on the Arcade license?

Then Madden the next day made a paragraph post saying they still have the NFL Sim License 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 12-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

And BTW if Madden can't fix the QB draft bug
Where the teams that already have established YOUNG QB but still drafts another Quarterback
Who cares about another franchise update that's coming out NEXT YEAR🤷
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #6
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie71

Draft prospects that win awards should have it listed ON THEIR INFO PAGE. Quit making me go back to the info menu to see who won the Heisman or Top OL awards. Put it on their player info screen.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:21 PM   #7
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

If WWE 2K22 scores really high and is a success I think EA needs to follow their footsteps and bypass a year of Madden if not two years and start over. They can just have a select group of people continue to update Madden 22 rosters for franchise and the mut team can just keep doing there thing. So fans still have a football game to play but EA just needs to admit they need some time to fix this game and franchise mode.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
If WWE 2K22 scores really high and is a success I think EA needs to follow their footsteps and bypass a year of Madden if not two years and start over. They can just have a select group of people continue to update Madden 22 rosters for franchise and the mut team can just keep doing there thing. So fans still have a football game to play but EA just needs to admit they need some time to fix this game and franchise mode.
EA did this ... by ignoring Franchise for 5+ years and only focusing on MUT. They will never bypass an entire year without releasing a game just to keep getting that MUT revenue. EA just pooped the bed and didn't fix/correct things. They will never be able to convince me they didn't just add another layer on top of the game or why else do we still see the floating coach with a surface imbedded into his chest?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »