Home

Only Scoring On The Counter

This is a discussion on Only Scoring On The Counter within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

BigRed07's Arena

OVR: 0
Only Scoring On The Counter

Playing nexgen Matt 10 sliders and more than ever this year I seem to only be scoring on the counter vs sustained possession and passing in the opponents half. This occuring to anyone else? If so, is it the game or my style of play? Tips to scoring not on the break? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2021, 03:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Only Scoring On The Counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed07
Playing nexgen Matt 10 sliders and more than ever this year I seem to only be scoring on the counter vs sustained possession and passing in the opponents half. This occuring to anyone else? If so, is it the game or my style of play? Tips to scoring not on the break? Thanks.
I had the same problem, try spoonys sliders.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed07
It's not the game because I'd say this is by far the most variety I've seen with the goals I'm scoring. By far the best part of the game IMO. It's either you, your setup, or sliders. I often experience weird side effects playing with the OS sliders - game becoming too easy or too one dimensional for example - so might be you just need to tweak them for your ability levels or style of play.

Tips? Use a possession setup. Patience is key. Don't touch sprint if you can help it. Use some of the deeper mechanics that can be super helpful and rewarding like player lock, directional runs, etc.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:41 PM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Set all tactics to balanced or something possession based.

• Crosses. Unless you've really got a big man in the middle, limit cross attempts. You can get some good looks on the cross when the ball goes deep to the baseline and then comes back outside of the box. As the defense moves up a runner up the middle can get into the space behind the CB's for a volley.

• A passes. Work the ball around using A passes and don't be afraid to reset things by going back to a CDM or to the back line. Switch the play and start working A passes again. With patience, you'll find a cutter to hit on the run.

• Distance shots. From the top corners of the box and right outside the arc you hit RB/R1 shots.

• Corners. Call a player to you and A pass it to them. Take about 2 steps to the top corner of the box and look for back post cross. The AI often leaves a player unguarded on the back post.

• LB/L1 + Y passes inside the box. Close-quarters lobbed through balls are pretty effective this year when timed right. They can often result in a short flick over the CB to a cutting player for a volley.

Sent from my Note 10+ using the innerweb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA
Old 11-16-2021, 07:38 AM   #5
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

The CPU is more effective in getting back and closing the space around the box this year- welcome IMO but can prove difficult to break down, as per real life.

Try not to force it, draw the CPU out by playing the ball back to deep midfielders or defenders then try to exploit any gaps they may leave by using L1/R1 to get your players to move into the space.

Beating a man by dribbling can really open things up…getting good at skill moves may help with this (something I’m working on myself as I can never remember them so tend to move the RS around a bit and hope for the best!- not recommended).

Play to your teams strengths. Not all sides are suited to a one size fits all play type. If you have bigger strikers try longer balls for knock downs. Smaller skill full players may be better suited to tight spaces and 1-2’s in and around the box.

I’m enjoying the challenge of breaking the CPU down this year. Makes goals all the more rewarding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2021, 09:58 AM   #6
Rookie

BigRed07's Arena

Thanks for all the tips. I am going to try these out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »