Home

Vison/contact

This is a discussion on Vison/contact within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Vison/contact

I suck at this game . Been playing for 8 months and haven't get much better. I've been trying everything to do better. I recently started playing using strategy posted by Warm wind in his directional hitting guide posted on this site. So far have mixed results. Before doing this was averaging 7 hits 4runs and 11 strikeouts per game. But I hit good amount of homeruns--most of my runs came from homers. Following Warmwind's guide I am now averaging 11 hits 7 runs and only 4 strikeouts. So hits runs have gone up nicely and striking out way less. Problem is now cant hit homer to save my life. I use Phillies and in last franchise I had 43 homers in 28 gams before I quit and started new franchise foll0wing Warmwind. So far in 25 games I only have 11 homers. Question is does any else follow this strategy and know why I lost most of power? I would like to keep trying this mainly because Im striking out so much less but I need to get more power somehow.
Second question what is the cutoff on what constitutes high vision? I know obviously a number in the 90's would be high and something in the 30's would be low. But when does it stop being high and start being considered low? I only ask because WarmWind has different hitting strategies for high vision/contact and low vision/contact.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2021, 11:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Vison/contact

I would assume you lost all your power because you are swinging at pitcher's pitches. It results in lower strike outs, but you're less likely to get pitches you can send over the wall. Strike outs aren't bad. Tip your hat and get to the next batter. If you're afraid of strike outs you're more likely to be swinging early in the count at what the pitchers want you to. Work the count. Get late into counts and swing when you have the advantage. Go into batting practice with a power hitter. You will notice better pitches being thrown 2-0 then 0-2. Do you walk? They also have a negative effect on pitcher confidence.

Vision. The Show ratings are pretty consistent with maybe stealing as the exception. 80+ great, 72+ above average, 64 average, 58 below average, below 50 you start seeing players that strike out around once a game or more. Below 40 - Chris Taylor.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Vison/contact

Personally, I would say don't worry too much about following that guide. For example, I don't think it's necessary to have radically different approaches depending on the type of batter you're using. Especially as a new player, it's making things more complicated. The most important things to being successful hitting in this game are pitch recognition and timing. Forget about using contact or power swings of where you should be influencing based on the count: if you consistently time swings well on good pitches to hit, you'll see results. Homers will come if you're doing this.

I would suggest that find an approach that works for you as a player and stick to that. Again, don't worry I would also say to you what I always say to new players: Take A LOT of pitches. For one, even on higher difficulties, the CPU typically throws a lot of balls. By simply not swinging, you'll often find yourself in a good count. Secondly, this will get your eyes used to picking up the pitches and their timing.

I would echo the thought about not worrying about strikeouts. Once you develop your ability to recognize pitches, you will naturally strike out less. But getting to that point might mean striking out more because you're getting late into counts on purpose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »