Home

PS5 OffFranchise File Crash/Corruption

This is a discussion on PS5 OffFranchise File Crash/Corruption within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-28-2021, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PS5 OffFranchise File Crash/Corruption

I'd like to apologize if this has already been covered..

I would like to ask though, has anyone heard of any news or workarounds for this ridiculous consistent crashing of Madden 22's offline franchise and subsequent corruption of the save file? For the second time since having the game, and getting multiple seasons into my franchise, Madden crashed while exiting a game, and upon relaunch, can't open my franchise file.

I've tried all of the touted methods, such as deleting and reinstalling Madden itself, trying to redownload a save from a previous time from the cloud, and restoring my PS5's database..but nothing actually solves this issue..so if anyone has heard any news of this being fixed or if they've heard anything from EA themselves, I'd love to know.

It's pretty wild that such a thing is even an issue..but I promised myself I wouldn't go down THAT road..not yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2021, 02:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PS5 OffFranchise File Crash/Corruption

I've had the same issue. I've had to restart my franchise 4 times now. Each time halfway thru my 3rd season. First the game gets glitchy during gameplay. That's when I know it's gonna happen. I finish the game and exit and it crashes. I have 3 saves that I rotate thinking one will still work but noooo. They all are corrupted. I'm done with it. EA is focused on everything but the one thing that makes the game unplayable. At this rate I'm hoping the NFL will at least open up the licensing to other companies. I'm betting 2K can do much better.
Old 10-31-2021, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdogg70
I've had the same issue. I've had to restart my franchise 4 times now. Each time halfway thru my 3rd season. First the game gets glitchy during gameplay. That's when I know it's gonna happen. I finish the game and exit and it crashes. I have 3 saves that I rotate thinking one will still work but noooo. They all are corrupted. I'm done with it. EA is focused on everything but the one thing that makes the game unplayable. At this rate I'm hoping the NFL will at least open up the licensing to other companies. I'm betting 2K can do much better.
Wowww, and I was considering restarting and trying the multiple save files myself as you did. Thank you for confirming that even that extremely logical solution won't work against EA's ineptitude. I've tried to patient, and deal with any issue that arises as a consequence of GAMEPLAY.But now that entire modes themselves are rendered useless for us offline folk...I honestly think the same as you. I also second that if 2k ever had rights to the NFL license again? Boy oh boy, one can dream.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Literally just had it happen to me again for the 3rd or 4th time. Im in 2029 week 16. Luckily I have a save still working from week 12 but tbh that discouraged me from even wanting to play this ****. At this point im wondering if anyone hasnt ran into this problem. I thought it might have something to do with downloading things from madden share but that is not the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2021, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Ran into this problem on m21 as well so they have known about it for awhile now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2021, 09:43 PM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Preaching to the choir. I've made a few posts about this. I'm surprised it's not a bigger deal than it should be. EA has no idea how to fix this which is absolutely bizarre to me.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:47 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I had this happen to me a couple weeks ago. I deleted the game, rebuilt my database, and re-saved my existing franchise file under a new name. That appeared to do the trick, as I haven't had any issues since .
Old 11-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdogg70
I've had the same issue. I've had to restart my franchise 4 times now. Each time halfway thru my 3rd season. First the game gets glitchy during gameplay. That's when I know it's gonna happen.
When the game "gets glitchy" (and I know what you mean, I've seen it once and it did indeed crash when I left the game); try doing a hard shut-down of the app. You should be able to pick-up in the middle of the game and go from there.

I also highly recommend that folks shut down Madden after each game....the only time I had the issue is the only time I tried to play more than 1 game in a session.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »