Home

First major patch wishlist

This is a discussion on First major patch wishlist within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-23-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
First major patch wishlist

I know a small version was released yesterday, 1.1 I believe that really fixed "Very Little", though I do have a wish list for the first "major" patch release, which I believe will come out around the first couple of weeks of November.

UBS Arena added... I don't know why this hasn't already been added, it's not like a player where you have to play an official game to be added in to the game, though I do think they are waiting to unveil it once an actual game is played there.

Arena Art- CBJ has Matiss Kivlenieks number 80 behind the nets, would love to see them add this. Also, there are a few other arenas with some tributes, or some changes to their center ice logo from last year.

CBJ theme because I am a CBJ fan, but the option to play with their blue pants like they did a game last year in a game against the Canes.

Added Goalie equipment (True Hockey). Would love if they would add some different masks also... I mean I remeeber way back on the PS2 when they had ACTUAL goalie masks of several players like Brodeur, Vanbiesbrouck, to name a couple.

An added format in Tournaments for the 2022 Olympics... Definitely won't happen, but would love to have this option to play the Olympics during the Olympics.

I wish the game would add the NHL All-Star game... I mean c'mon, it's 2021, next gen era, why they can't have the all-star game format in Franchise is ridiculous. I am not even a fan of the format they have now, but as a Franchise player, I would still like to play the game in my Franchises.

Another issue, EA has to add the Winter Classic and maybe a few Stadium series games... I mean think of the stadium details they have in Madden and Fifa, and even once upon a time during MVP baseball, this is the Frostbite engine, there is no reason why they cannot add a few outdoor stadiums so that teams that play those games can play them... Even if it has to be fictitious outdoor stadiums, add a few, the Winter Classic happens, and isn't EA's motto "If it's in the Game, It's in the game"?

Another huge wish, that won't happen this year, but add real coaches. I mean how much would it cost to get them licensed? You have it in Madden... Get with it and have actually NHL coaches and assistants... I would love to have Brad Larson behind the bench, or maybe a chance to hire a free agent coach like Patrick Roy.

ESPN format!!! The NHL has gone to ESPN and TNT, add their broadcast formats, even NHL Network would be better than what we have now...

Would love to see the KHL added at some point and even the NCAA as a league... For years I begged, pleaded for the ECHL and now that I have that, I do use it, I play the ECHL season with my hometown Cyclones once a decent roster update is given. But with the KHL and NCAA, there are so many good players in these leagues that get drafted, that are missed every year.

Get rid of the silhouettes and allow the CAP face to be their player card, how hard is this, MLB the Show does it, I think NBA2k does it, even Madden does it I believe.

Finally, PS3 had the music editor. This was awesome, you could authenticate NHL arenas. This is next gen, why this is still not there is befuddling... I would love to have actual goal songs and break in play music of NHL arenas, no licensing needed here, people create their own ditties, and they were very good!!!

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 10-23-2021 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: First major patch wishlist

1. Fix numbers on created teams!
2. Fix custom logos so all parts of a logo can be colored in. Can’t make the Nordiques without being able to change to colors on the entire logo.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:49 PM   #3
Rookie

bapgap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Another issue, EA has to add the Winter Classic and maybe a few Stadium series games... I mean think of the stadium details they have in Madden and Fifa, and even once upon a time during MVP baseball, this is the Frostbite engine, there is no reason why they cannot add a few outdoor stadiums so that teams that play those games can play them... Even if it has to be fictitious outdoor stadiums, add a few, the Winter Classic happens, and isn't EA's motto "If it's in the Game, It's in the game"?
They had the Winter Classic outdoor game in NHL 12. I don't know why they removed it in the following years. It made zero sense, especially with all the Stadium Series outdoor games being played in the NHL.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #4
Rookie

How about fix the lag on lower game speeds to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #5
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBuzz
How about fix the lag on lower game speeds to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I have been lucky, have had zero lag....

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2021, 10:06 PM   #6
Rookie

- In EASHL, we need replays for penalty calls. We have no idea what happened half the time

- where are the replays in Season mode? I have broadcast turned on and never see replays for goals or penalties

- fix the desync glitch out EASHL had four today. You get stuck at the faceoff in a loop

- make the ice surface white, not grey

- offline fix the jerseys they flap in the wind and are distracting
Old 10-25-2021, 10:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Never going to happen for the first big patch or ever, but getting chased out of the Face-off circle is something I've wanted for years.

Something they probably could just add is the ability to name search in these rosters.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:40 PM   #8
Rookie

I wonder how difficult it would be to add to create-a-team the ability to put lettering on jerseys regather than a logo, a-la NYR…

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »