Home

GTA Trilogy

This is a discussion on GTA Trilogy within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2021, 08:40 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
GTA Trilogy

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTATrilogy

Might as well create a new thread for it. Pre-orders have opened for 11/11.

Quote:
THREE ICONIC CITIES,
THREE EPIC STORIES

Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, with high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail.
Quote:
Updated Player Experience*making it easier than ever to play these classic games, including:

A GTAV-style controller layout. Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in GTA: San Andreas. Updated Weapon and Radio Station selection wheels Updated Mini-Maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to set waypoints to destinations. The ability to immediately restart a failed mission. Plus new Rockstar Games Social Club Accomplishments for members

Enhanced Visuals, with improved graphics and fidelity across all three games, including:

Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and much more for greater detail
A completely rebuilt lighting system with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
Improved water and weather effects. Enhanced detail in trees and foliage. Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition

Plus Platform-Specific Features,*including:

4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systemsNVIDIA DLSS support for PCTouch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bb2c527f9264604f9c96.jpg (154.5 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg afa2de9642866521f4d2.jpg (172.2 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 5038478f256b924725ac.jpg (137.1 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211022-083851_Chrome.jpg (56.1 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by illwill10; 10-22-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: GTA Trilogy

I'm a sucker for GTA. I can't help it. I'm all in on day 1 and will play the crap out of this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 10-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Pretty much what I expected visually when they said they wanted to keep the original artstyle and using Unreal Engine. I like it, if you wanted anything more, you wanted a full remake. Visually, it is "what you felt it looked like when you first played it".

I like that it is 60 FPS and GTA V control layout. I was kind of hoping for $40-50, but not surprised about $60 since with all three games combined you are getting around 30 hours of story. For me, it is mainly how gameplay feels and look "Updated gunplay and targeting controls" should help, just don’t enemies to be damage sponges like before
Old 10-22-2021, 11:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I like the visual style too. Given it is a remaster and not a remake it is actually better than what I was expecting visually. Some of the scenes were actually really impressive, especially the GTA III night time rain scene. What an upgrade that is.

The company behind this remaster did botch the San Andreas port years back, but hopefully this time around they did a much better job.

I think the visuals keep the charm of the old games, but update them enough to feel fresh and modern where needed.

My big question now is whether or not one of the new enhancements to the game is ragdoll physics. It would be a little jarring to not have those added in now, but they haven't mentioned it so I'm thinking we may not be getting them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 10-22-2021, 11:29 AM   #5
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m not a GTA fan at all. I definitely played 3 and VC on PS2 back in the day, but never San Andreas. It looks like they’re splitting this package up for the sake of sub services, with 3 going to PSnow and San Andreas going to Game Pass. Kind of weird to me, but whatever. I’ll definitely give San Andreas a shot since it’s on Game Pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateDuke32
I’m not a GTA fan at all. I definitely played 3 and VC on PS2 back in the day, but never San Andreas. It looks like they’re splitting this package up for the sake of sub services, with 3 going to PSnow and San Andreas going to Game Pass. Kind of weird to me, but whatever. I’ll definitely give San Andreas a shot since it’s on Game Pass.
To me they're doing this to give people a taste to entice them to pick up the trilogy. Either way, money printer is getting spooled up.

Overall I'm not impressed. I was burnt pretty bad by Warcraft 3 Remastered. Going from old and busted graphics to this almost claymation style is an iterative improvement, but playing San Andreas on Game Pass will steer me in the direction of ever actually spending money on this.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:37 PM   #7
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Feel like there was a missed opportunity in the trailer to use the CJ meme "oh **** here we go again"

I'll likely pick it up' but will depend on reviews if it will be day 1. Lots of good games coming in the next few months

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah man, I'm picking this up. That GT5 remaster or whatever is junk but this here looks like a fun little ride down memory lane. Preordered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »