Home

Passing Percentage - Where to find?

This is a discussion on Passing Percentage - Where to find? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2021, 07:54 AM   #1
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10
Passing Percentage - Where to find?

I know it appears the CPU has a very high pass completion percentage, but is there a site or place that shows what real life teams actually do? Didn't find a comprehensive site but found one article that suggested it was around 78%, although not clear whether that was just for one game or across an entire season.

Within the game, I typically see the CPU completing between 80-85% of their passes but wasn't sure if that was extremely unrealistic (based on actual real life stats). Even with that completion percentage, SOGs, score, and the other stats seem pretty decent so far for me so not terribly concerned but more curious since I couldn't find anywhere that officially tracked the passing stat.

Last edited by SlyBelle; 10-15-2021 at 07:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Fours's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Percentage - Where to find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
I know it appears the CPU has a very high pass completion percentage, but is there a site or place that shows what real life teams actually do? Didn't find a comprehensive site but found one article that suggested it was around 78%, although not clear whether that was just for one game or across an entire season.

Within the game, I typically see the CPU completing between 80-85% of their passes but wasn't sure if that was extremely unrealistic (based on actual real life stats). Even with that completion percentage, SOGs, score, and the other stats seem pretty decent so far for me so not terribly concerned but more curious since I couldn't find anywhere that officially tracked the passing stat.
You can't compare the NHL number. Teams track contested and uncontested pass %. Many of their passes are set plays on breakout and in-zone and expected to be near 100%. The important ones are the passes that create clean zone exits/entries and scoring chances. The big picture passing % has almost no meaning and at best describes how aggressive a team is positionally.

In the video game it's usually a bunch of high risk contested passes by the user, and robotic uncontested passes by the CPU because the user is out of position..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »