Home

Circuit Superstars Available Now - Top-Down 'Simcade' Racer with Plenty of Features

This is a discussion on Circuit Superstars Available Now - Top-Down 'Simcade' Racer with Plenty of Features within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Circuit Superstars Available Now - Top-Down 'Simcade' Racer with Plenty of Features

Circuit Superstars is available now on Xbox One and PC via Steam. It's scheduled to arrive...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2021, 01:07 PM   #2
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Circuit Superstars Available Now - Top-Down 'Simcade' Racer with Plenty of Featur

Anyone try this game? Thinking of buying it to play with my son.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Re: Circuit Superstars Available Now - Top-Down 'Simcade' Racer with Plenty of Featur

I have tried and I don't recommend it, especially if you want to play with your son. I bought it for Xbox and even though I have been following the early access videos people have been posting on Youtube, the game is a huge disappointment at this moment. It has the potential to suck your hours because it is very addictive but it has some issues that can drive you crazy. The main ones for me, the game is not made for a controller. It is very hard to move your car unless you are breaking And when you hit the "wall" in a curve it get glued to it until the end.

I tried to get in contact with he developers, but I got zero response from them.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #4
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

Thanks for the heads up. Too bad - looks like lots of fun on this video. https://youtu.be/rl-kyBaSRk4
Old 10-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol

I watched tons of videos like those, and the moments when you can control the car are amazing, better than almost anything out there, however the issues with the controller are just too much for me. I am hoping for an update to be honest. The potential is great for this game to be awesome, but not at this moment on the Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2021, 08:35 PM   #6
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

Bought it this week and I’m enjoying it so much! It’s different in so many ways but oh so fun!

First Impressions:
- Runs extremely smooth on my gaming laptop with an NVIDIA 2070 super
- Nice vibration with the Xbox One controller
- Hard AI even on amateur difficulty
- No way to get out of the wall but I hardly ever hit them
- Sounds are cool - engines, screeches and rumble strips
- Feels like you are controlling an RC car

Tons of fun!

Last edited by RunN1st; 10-23-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #7
jwa
Rookie

OVR: 0

completely disagree with the don't recommend to each his own, right. think it is incredibly fun and have hardly touched another racing game since i got it. and yes, it can be hard to get your car off the wall
Old 10-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

Full week Impressions (PC version):

Fair to say that the learning curve for me has been steep. I've decided to do 1 track per week to try to be competitive against AIs on Pro-Am and Pro difficulty. I'm also only using the 80s GP cars and the GT cars to keep the variation to a minimum.

Having said that, I'm ok with the slow learning process. Once you start hitting the marks this game becomes satisfying. Also, I dig the pit stop process, hitting the pit road without hitches and sliding into the pit box perfectly earns you tenths of seconds that truly matter which impact your track position. Not to mention the ability to leave the pits with full/partial fuel and full/partial tire wear can save time but can be risky.

I've seen some previous reviews and most complaints were around online lag, learning curve and AI behavior. As far as I can tell, the AI is not bad. I haven't seen any weird things in the 20 lap races that I'm running. Once you are lapped or you lap other cars, the cars around you ghost to avoid ruining the race. The cars also ghost when you are issued a penalty for cutting the turn or if you wall ride. I haven't tried any online races since I'm still learning how to control the cars.

Speaking of online - Online lobbies are currently hosted sessions (12 max players) which generate a lobby code that can then be shared with others to join. However, the lobbies then become public and others can join via the Solo Online option. Unfortunately, there is no way to make lobbies private and/or race with you, other humans and the rest of the field of AIs.

I'm jumping from iRacing and CS at the moment, so I'm getting my usual fall season racing itch scratched.

Last edited by RunN1st; 10-25-2021 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »