Home

Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #1
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions

Wanted to create a thread about the scouting update itself and get some impressions about what we like, don't like, etc. Overall, I like the base system that's here. It does need a lot of work though. The scouts themselves don't bring back enough information on enough players. This is because they are limited based on how Madden lists positions. For example: you can only scout LG or RG not both which seems silly.

Not a fan of the random skills unlocking. For example, a CB I would want to know what their MCV and ZCV are above anything else. Instead, we get other ratings like block shedding that can randomly unlocked before MCV and ZCV which is absurd. I will be testing the scouting on auto the whole time to see if the CPU can do better than me.

Let me know what you think about scouting.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Scouting Update Impressions

In general it feels like we have way less control over scouting and there's hardly anything to do. I need more time with it but I'm not impressed after working through a season of it.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Still tinkering but I’m not a fan… doesn’t mean it’s bad.. I’m just not a fan… I see what they are trying to do tho..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-12-2021, 06:26 PM   #4
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I messed with it briefly, didn't understand all of what was going on. It's new, it's different, will take some time to get a handle on.

Overall i'm pretty excited about it, makes things feel fresh.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

There's a LOT of info in there, and it takes a little while to get to it.

Impressions-wise, it seems like it will be much harder to have a high degree of certainty about so many players in the draft, which I like.

I do have a question, though, about how it works: in WK1, when you add guys to your favorites, do you have to assign them to a specific scout, or do they just go into a general pool to be scouted by the relevant staff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2021, 07:30 PM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I wish there was some positions lumped together. Like halfbacks and fullbacks as runnijg backs. LG and RG should just be Guards. Same with tackles. Defense should list linebackers as the same. Safeties should be lumped together.

Really wish dev traits were hidden for all players.

It would simplify the process without taking away any of the depth of the new update.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2021, 07:31 PM   #7
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

I am very impressed with what has been delivered. Let me try to explain (note: i have been playing Madden exclusively in online lg since Madden 04).

Over the past few years, the hardcore NFL fans playing madden (i.e. franchise mode) often felt development resources were not properly used.

This new scouting has clearly been made fort these hardcore NFL fans playing madden who are into details and who like and understand what the NFL draft is.

The fact we cannot, simply cannot, walk into the draft pretty much knowing everything on all prospects is an amazing step to make this game a real sim game.

I mean we never had real bust drafted (and i exlcusively play in active online franchise).
I mean we usually had enough points to undercover all attributes. It was easy to figure out player attribute values, the only unknown were the traits (and we used the stories for that).

This new scouting leaves you for most prospects with that scout report and couples attributes and physicals plus a real small number of well scouted prospects.
This is a game changer and results in what a draft pick is: a shot in the dark.

Now We will all draft bust and we will all find unexpected gems.

For instance, I never ever in a Madden online lg understood the rationales to trade down (and lets be clear i have yet to see a good user doing a trade down period). Simply because you always have a good picture of what is left.
Now it will make sense. If the guys you have scouted well have all been drafted (especially for online lg) then you may pefer two shots in the dark for cheaper contracts rather than one, or, even, one this year and one next year.

This is amazing, really amazing.
I am very impressed by the work done and more important the design decision made.

Thank you EA we often make critics because we play your game like 700h or 800h a year but this is an amazing added value for football fans looking for an immersive madden game.

Note: if you could now restore free practice in the game even after game preparation that would be highly appreciated.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 10-12-2021 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #8
Banned

is this a place where we can give tips out too?

id like to know more about hiring and firing coaches so we can get more of a benefit for each position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »