Home

Veer and Shoot Offense

This is a discussion on Veer and Shoot Offense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2021, 06:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Veer and Shoot Offense

I've been working on Custom Playbook for the Veer and Shoot offence, and was hoping for a little feedback. Below is the framework I have in place, and the playstyle i'm implementing.

Core Principles
- Pass to set up the run
- High Tempo
- RPO heavy
- Focus on Physicality
- WR Verticality
- Utilise Wide splits
- Create 1v1 situations

Player Templates
Quarterback: Strong Arm, Good Accuracy, Scrambling ability, Play Action
Running Backs: Catch out of the backfield, balanced Power/Elusive
Receivers: High YPC, Wide starting positions, attack open grass
Tight Ends: Big bodied, block first
Offensive Line: Bigger bodied, RT larger than LT, pulling guards, stamina

Formation
- Midfield: Predominantly Shotgun, 11 or 12/21 personnel
- Goalline: extra OL, 2 WR, under center
-Occasional use Singleback

Passing Concepts
- Go's
- Wheel
- Screen
- Slant
- Stick

Running Concepts
- Power running
- ISO, Zone, Trap
- QB Stretch
- Base
- Hitch

Play Calling
- Diagnose box - Run if 5v6 or less
- If +1 defender in box, Option run
- If +2 Triple Option or pass
- If +2/3/4 Pass
- If 1 High Safety look to pass to open sideline

So far
- I've played a couple of games with some decent success. The formations I have been using are almost exclusively 11 personnel, with very wide defenders. I call a pass every single play, and if faced with a 5v6 situation in the box, I audible and average an easy 5+ yards per carry. Jonathan Taylor is perfect for the role

The TE is generally detached from the OL and finds space comfortably. I have been experimenting with the Colts, and feel as if the bigger bodied type (Jack Doyle) is wasted here. Thinking a large WR (Pittman) or mobile TE (Granson) would be better here.

Wentz has the arm power but lacks the accuracy on long throws. He's marginally too slow to thrive in the system.

Conclusion

Is anyone else trying to do anything similar? I'm interested to know what pass/run ratio people use, how often they RPO, or screen etc.I plan to do a longer term save with this system at some point, but want to complete the system before I start, rather than tweak it on the fly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2021, 10:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Veer and Shoot Offense

This would be an excellent place to start, https://forums.operationsports.com/f...shoot-nfl.html

I'm interested in exploring this offense. I have been testing out a few different schemes, mainly a wide zone/Play action offense with limited success. Can't get any consistency out of stretch plays. I'm going to check out some RPO's. What formation(s) are you basing out of?
Old 09-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Veer and Shoot Offense

I actually created this playbook last week. My route tree in my custom playbook is EXTREMELY vertical… some times 3 or 4 routes running vertical stem routes… my run game is almost strictly RPO.. I look to pass first which why if I do run, it’s out of RPO looks.. wen I’m up comfortable, I run all stock base runs.. which are primarily based around powers, counter and inside zone…. If I have a mobile QB obviously we have read options in.. if not, the RPOs make it up for it. What I found however to run this true, you might want to make your TE more of a H Back type… and move him around attached to the line, and in the backfield for 2 back like look. And if he’s versatile enough to split out, I recommend at that point adding some formations to detach him from the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »