Home

NBA 2K22 MyNBA Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 MyNBA Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #1
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
NBA 2K22 MyNBA Trade Discussion Thread

Hey guys!

Let's use this thread to discuss potential trades for your MyNBA/MyLeague modes. With all the crazy roster situations around the league, I suspect we'll get some action in this thread this year.

Let's kick it off with a Ben Simmons proposal

I'll go first (I'm the Spurs):

SAC receives: Ben Simmons and Furkan Korkmaz

SAS receives: Marvin Bagley III

PHI receives: Buddy Hield, Thaddeus Young, 2022 SAC 1st rounder (Top 5 prot), 2024 SAC 1st (unprotected), 2025 1st CHI (Top 10 prot)

note: that Chicago pick is the Spurs from the DeRozan sign and trade.

Analysis
SAC gets Simmons (and he goes to California like he wants) in exchange for Hield, Bagley, and two picks. They don't give up Fox or Halliburton. Hield and Bagley both have a history of being unhappy in Sacramento. They also get Korkmaz, who (sorry Furkan) just seems like a King to me haha.

San Antonio gets Bagley (the #2 OVR pick in 2018) who is a 6-11" PF/C with upside, matches the young players' timeline, and can play next to Poeltl in some lineups. They give up the two assets they received in the DeRozan trade - the Bulls pick and Thad Young.

PHI gets Buddy Hield - a phenomenal 3 point shooter - and Thad Young for Simmons and Korkmaz. Hield will slot at the 2 next to Tyrese Maxey and provide elite spacing. Young can provide depth as a big, perhaps helping guard the elite bigs in the East in the postseason.

Philly also get some good draft equity - 1sts in three of the next 4 drafts. They can use those picks or Morey can use them in a package for another star.

Thoughts? Do I need to add something to the deal?

Last edited by BobbyColtrane; 09-28-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2021, 07:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 MyNBA Trade Discussion Thread

Thanks for the post!

As far as the trade, I feel it's possible (not so sure about how probable). If something, I feel that SAS should be getting something else, maybe a 2nd round pick.

Biggest problem for me (other than Simmons being really picky about his destination) is how crowded SAC's backcourt is going to be. Maybe this trade is followed by a Haliburton or Hield (I meant Mitchell) trade? (Now I'm thinking about White in PHI, and Mitchell on SAS, but that complicates the scenario).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
Let's kick it off with a Ben Simmons proposal

I'll go first (I'm the Spurs):

SAC receives: Ben Simmons and Furkan Korkmaz

SAS receives: Marvin Bagley III

PHI receives: Buddy Hield, Thaddeus Young, 2022 SAC 1st rounder (Top 5 prot), 2024 SAC 1st (unprotected), 2025 1st CHI (Top 10 prot)

note: that Chicago pick is the Spurs from the DeRozan sign and trade.

Analysis
SAC gets Simmons (and he goes to California like he wants) in exchange for Hield, Bagley, and two picks. They don't give up Fox or Halliburton. Hield and Bagley both have a history of being unhappy in Sacramento. They also get Korkmaz, who (sorry Furkan) just seems like a King to me haha.

San Antonio gets Bagley (the #2 OVR pick in 2018) who is a 6-11" PF/C with upside, matches the young players' timeline, and can play next to Poeltl in some lineups. They give up the two assets they received in the DeRozan trade - the Bulls pick and Thad Young.

PHI gets Buddy Hield - a phenomenal 3 point shooter - and Thad Young for Simmons and Korkmaz. Hield will slot at the 2 next to Tyrese Maxey and provide elite spacing. Young can provide depth as a big, perhaps helping guard the elite bigs in the East in the postseason.

Philly also get some good draft equity - 1sts in three of the next 4 drafts. They can use those picks or Morey can use them in a package for another star.

Thoughts? Do I need to add something to the deal?

Last edited by NYJaguar; 09-29-2021 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #3
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I want to trade away John Wall, and willing to give up a high pick to do so. Any takers?
Old 10-02-2021, 02:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
I want to trade away John Wall, and willing to give up a high pick to do so. Any takers?
That's tough, because with his contract there aren't really many suitors. Especially since there is still no real buy-out function, so it would be tough for that team to get rid of him.

To bad my first try at this thread didn't really work out, but I'm happy someone else gave it a new try.

In MyNBA, the league is really close together. I originally planed to do a big trade deadline, but sadly most teams that would make deals couldn't find realistic options that would make sense. So some deals I made, maybe there is some inspiration for others:

- Knicks get: Collin Sexton, Desmond Bane
Grizzlies get: Alec Burks
Pistons get: Kevin Knox, 2 2nd round picks
Cavs get: Lakers 1st,Top 10 protected Knicks 1st, Hamidou Diallo

Diallo was frustrated, so were Burks and Knox. The Cavs were not ready to pay Sexton, so it made sense to get rid of him.

- Kings get: Horton-Tucker, DeAndre Jordan
Lakers get: Harrison Barnes

All-In for the Lakers!

- Nuggets get: Derrick Favors
Thunder get: Bol Bol, JaMychal Green

Bench piece for the playoff run for the Nuggets, who got Murray back a week before and look good at the 6th spot in the West.

- Wolves get: Eric Gordon, 2nd round pick
Rockets get: Taurean Prince

Capspace for the Rockets, a late playoff push for KAT and the Wolves.

- Pelicans get: Thad Young
Spurs get: Willy Hernangomez, Tomas Satoransky

2 of the most Spurs players in the league finally get home, the Pelicans are continuing their tradition of giving up future assets for short time additions.

I simulate a buy-out situation every year, where I edit the contract of the veterans that would be candidates to get released to the minimum so the team doesn't take too big of a cap hit. Guys who changed team that way:

- Fournier to the Mavs. He was really bad in NY and after Sexton came in there really wasn't space for him anymore. Got traded for capspace and shortly released after that by the Thunder. He joins the Mavs, where he will go for a championship in Dallas with Euro-allies Dragic, Doncic, Porzingis and Kleber

- Eric Bledsoe will try to help the Nuggets and Jokic

- DeAndre Jordan stays in California and joins the Warriors as a backup Center

- Doug McBuckets will give the Lakers a shooting boost from the bench
Old 10-02-2021, 02:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJaguar
Thanks for the post!

As far as the trade, I feel it's possible (not so sure about how probable). If something, I feel that SAS should be getting something else, maybe a 2nd round pick.

Biggest problem for me (other than Simmons being really picky about his destination) is how crowded SAC's backcourt is going to be. Maybe this trade is followed by a Haliburton or Hield (I meant Mitchell) trade? (Now I'm thinking about White in PHI, and Mitchell on SAS, but that complicates the scenario).
I definitely think in any Philly Simmons to Kings trade that Davion Mitchell will have to be in there. I don't necessarily see San Antonio being involved in here as I dont see them trading away Thaddeus Young for basically just Bagley whos been one of the worst defenders in the league thus far. But I think the Kings trade looks good and is the most feasible and I dont think SACs backcourt will be crowded since Ben Simmons can be put in a pseudo Giannis/Draymond PF role and work as a screener off Fox and making plays as a short roller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2021, 05:39 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

In my Kings MyNBA I traded Hield to the Hornets for Miles Bridges. I edited Hields contract down to like 5 million to make the money work. I had a lot of fun with Bridges in 2K21 so I want him to run with Fox.

I switched Sexton back to PG primarily and traded him to the Clippers for Reggie Jackson and Keon Johnson. Garland is the Cleveland PG of the future. Keon Johnson is a solid SG prospect. I'm gonna try to get Cam Reddish from Atlanta at the deadline or next season.

I traded Kevin Love to the Jazz for Hassan Whiteside to put him on a contending team and clear the logjam at PF for Mobley.

I traded Drummond from the 76ers to Dallas for Moses. Drummond is too good a rebounder to be toiling behind Embiid. I moved Porzingis back to PF. I also switched Luka to SG allowing Jalen Brunson to start.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-02-2021, 10:10 PM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe

I traded Drummond from the 76ers to Dallas for Moses. Drummond is too good a rebounder to be toiling behind Embiid. I moved Porzingis back to PF. I also switched Luka to SG allowing Jalen Brunson to start.
Moe, that's cruel.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:45 AM   #8
Rookie

nummel's Arena

I tried to make a trade with Marvin Baley. His value in 2K21 is comparatively high.
In the end the following came out:

Kings get: Aaron Nesmith, Josh Richardson, protected 1st

Celtics get: Marvin Bagley, Terrence Davis

Maybe I overpaid, but Bagley is a great fit for the team. JT comes into its own at 3 as the focal point of the offense.
The Kings can use Aaron Nesmith as a wing and Josh Richardson can come off the bench with Davion Mitchell. I know the kings are guard loaded, but they are the kings

How would you rate the trade?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »