Home

JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #1
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

I wasn't going to post a slider thread this year, fully expected to run with default all year. But you know what? I actually went down the rabbit hole a bit....and got some excellent results.

A couple of quick notes:

1. I'm not going to be answering questions about individual values. I did not test individual sliders and have no intention of going through the inane task of doing so for no good reason. (Same deal for individual animations).
2. Penalties are not an area I am going to tune for specifically. From what I've seen in limited testing; there's very little difference between jacking-up the penalty sliders and leaving them alone (in terms of actual calls).

The approach
Player ratings are just too high and allow for a wide number of players to meet the high thresholds for best outcomes on default settings. We need to make it harder for that to occur without roster editing.

The solution is simple: we globally lower all of the user/CPU sliders. All of a sudden, all of the failure-driven outcomes popped-up. The gameplay is fluid, dynamic, challenging and most importantly, is unpredictable. Improvements we have seen:

- more missed throws
- CPU targets top players far more frequently (even when covered)
- a wider array of broken tackles (get comfy using that strafe button)
- more dropped passes
- a slight increase in holding calls (on default penalties)
- better array of DB reactions
- WAY more diverse pass rush and blocking. You better get the ball out fast or learn how to move in the pocket.

Basically - everything in the game is still balanced, but there is a MUCH wider array of outcomes.

House rules
1. You're expected to play full switch on offense and defense. It's more realistic to fail and putting the players under your control gives you the ability to screw up. Take ownership for everything that happens.
2. You have to call your own plays. Same deal, you have to take ownership for what happens.
3. No cheesing by 'turbo scrambling' with QBs out of the pocket on every play. It makes sense when flushed (and you will get flushed). But don't abuse it.
4. Have fun! Enjoy the wins and losses, enjoy the storylines. Embrace the game and have fun with it.

The sliders

The current version of Madden has a really wonky issue where the game can get "sped up". This is caused when the sliders in the main menu (which are tied to the user profile that loads when you start the game) are different than your CFM sliders. To resolve this, we need to ensure the main menu sliders are aligned EXACTLY with the CFM sliders.

This is the process.

1. Enter the following in the main menu (yes, you will need to save the sliders). (As a quick aside, this should work irrespective of the slider values selected. IF you are running default gameplay sliders, I still recommend creating a User and CPU slider save file for those default settings in the main menu.).

All Pro
10 min Quarter/no acc clock
Assists - Ballhawk and Auto-flip play as "on", all others "off"
All User/CPU Sliders = 40 (yes, ALL of them)
Threshold: 50
ST sliders: 50
Injury: 25
Fatigue: 50
Penalties: All at 50

2. Once the main menu settings are completely updated go to your CFM, go to the slider screen, hit Triangle to import the sliders. IMPORTANT: DO NOT hit the reset button or manually change ANY slider values (if you see this, when you exit the slider screen, you will see a save of your madden profile - meaning that you screwed-up). Just import and exit the slider screen.

3. Exit to the main menu and shut-down the game and re-launch it.

4. Once you do these steps, you should not need to adjust sliders again (though you could certainly do an import of the sliders in your CFM prior to a game if things get wonky again). IF you decide you want to tinker with sliders, you need to start over at step 1 (again, do NOT manually adjust sliders in CFM).

One other final thing, if you're in an existing CFM, I HIGHLY recommend doing this process BEFORE advancing into the next week on your schedule.

Other notes
- I play with SS/XF turned on.
- I still prefer the default 75-man roster for reasons I have discussed in past years.
- I use every tool in the toolbox within CFM.
- I have NOT tested different clock settings, All Madden, variations on autosubs/penalties/injury/fatigue relative to this setup. I HIGHLY recommend you roll with the exact setup for a few games untouched and if you want to make personal tweaks, do so one setting at a time. I will not do this for you!

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-01-2021 at 11:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2021, 02:02 PM   #2
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 22 Next-Gen CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Thanks for posting, I understand the hesitation but am truly glad you did. Your findings have always dictated the majority of my madden snaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-27-2021, 02:12 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I've always said and believed that a majority of the game's issues are seeded in player ratings.

Will be testing these out. Thanks for posting.

C

Sent from my IN2019 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-27-2021, 03:32 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I've always said and believed that a majority of the game's issues are seeded in player ratings.

Will be testing these out. Thanks for posting.

C
Yeah, player ratings can be a bit of a crutch because they're pretty high. Run the same play vs the same defense (same matchups) and you get a VERY consistent outcome each time. The lower slider settings reduce the certainty in getting a 'clean' interaction. As you know, sometimes a slight reduction in block duration, a surprisingly effective move, or a more off-target throw can completely change the dynamic of how a play plays-out. When you apply that nuance across all 22 players, a lot of fun things can begin to unwind.

Then you add in the dynamics from the coach adjustments and momentum and things can begin to really change a lot.

I've had an absolute blast (in spite of losing nearly every game, lol) since making the move to this setup. The variety has just been outstanding....finally seeing low scoring games mixed in with the others.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

Sent from my IN2019 using Operation Sports mobile app
This is true

I've done this for years in the past with Madden & NCAA but now days it's becoming quite a chore

I will still do this for Classic rosters but I've completely gone away from EA's default rosters because it's just too much work LOL

Hopefully one day they'll have a Global editor that can be utilized

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #6
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

One game in and so far I love these sliders. Sometimes others makers don’t realize to keep it simple when making a slider set. I’m seeing animations I haven’t seen in a long time.

Thanks bro. I enjoyed your MLB 21 the show sliders also. You helped make that a very good game. I enjoy your approach to making your Sets
Old 09-27-2021, 08:01 PM   #7
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

My one suggestion is that the special teams sliders do need a little tweaking.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:33 AM   #8
Rookie

lawspecter816's Arena

Appreciate your "comeback". Always liked your insights and approach for sliders. This is a new and very interesting one for the solid base provided by M22.Tested them last night for one half before going to bed. Felt good. I was surprised by some missed tackles and outcomes of WR/DB battles - a good sign, this rarely happens for me. Will give more feedback after more sample size.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »