Home

(PS5) The TrueSim Franchise Roster: Madden 22

This is a discussion on (PS5) The TrueSim Franchise Roster: Madden 22 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2021, 11:57 AM   #1
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
(PS5) The TrueSim Franchise Roster: Madden 22

Welcome to year two of the TrueSim Roster Project for Madden. After a successful release last year, a lot of improvements have been made. A focus this year was tweaking the OVR ranges across positions as they were a bit inconsistent last year (too high for some positions e.g., QB and too low for others).

This year, I used the preseason (week 1 or 2) roster as the base and updated transactions as they occurred, up to week 1 of the regular season. I also switched two a 2-year statistical window as opposed to a 3-year window, in order to improve accuracy.

NOW AVAILABLE
You can find it on Madden Share
TrueSim (Cycloniac24 is the user name)

What's Included
-Re-rates for the majority of NFL players based on 2 years of data (standard and advanced metrics)
-Accurate positions for improved depth chart logic
-Refined player archetypes to give better snapshot of player roles, strengths and weaknesses
-Streamlined trait system for all players, based on play style.

With this project, I am to increase the immersion and longevity of franchise modes by implementing the TrueSim Projection System (TPS), an algorithm I developed to assess players. TPS uses a mix of common and advanced statistics to measure player productivity, strengths and weaknesses.

My goal is to ensure every player’s strengths, weaknesses and role show on the field. There are separate algorithms for each of the 11 main positional groupings: QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, S, K, P.

Sites used to gather data and advanced stats include Pro Football Reference, Pro Football Focus and Player Profiler (Roto Underworld).

Game Options and Sliders
Spoiler

Franchise Setup
Spoiler

Last edited by Cycloniac; 10-18-2021 at 05:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2021, 05:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: (PS5) The TrueSim Franchise Roster: Madden 22

Are you putting out a spreadsheet
Old 09-21-2021, 11:35 PM   #3
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm always interested in your work. I'm just worried franchise mode won't be put together as well as EA claims it will be to purchase this game...they screen shot so much stuff over the summer yet some of it was missing once the game released...maybe in October once the patch is released we'll get the things they were trying to work on. I'm hoping presentation will also be one..they did have ESPN Monday night football in the early beta so maybe that'll be put back in the game.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE; 09-21-2021 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #4
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
I'm always interested in your work. I'm just worried franchise mode won't be put together as well as EA claims it will be to purchase this game...they screen shot so much stuff over the summer yet some of it was missing once the game released...maybe in October once the patch is released we'll get the things they were trying to work on. I'm hoping presentation will also be one..they did have ESPN Monday night football in the early beta so maybe that'll be put back in the game.

ESPN Monday Night Football was in the beta? Are you sure?

Old 09-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

If not the beta it was in the promotional during the summer showing progress from EA in a still shot. Maybe July just before the beta released. Claiming new presentations..

Showing devante Adam scoring against the bears with ESPN banners.

Last edited by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE; 09-22-2021 at 12:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #6
Rookie

Lavoyd's Arena

OVR: 0

Still haven’t gotten my hands on a PS5. Will snatch one the second I find one. Will there be a TrueSim roster for PS4?
Old 09-25-2021, 11:36 AM   #7
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavoyd
Still haven’t gotten my hands on a PS5. Will snatch one the second I find one. Will there be a TrueSim roster for PS4?
No, that is not in the plans right now

Old 09-26-2021, 08:39 PM   #8
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

How's the gameplay? Is it possible to get over some of the reservations I'm having with the detail of the franchise mode? How's the fatigue system in your opinion and the draft logic for teams that go through a rebuild?

I'm on the fence with EA honestly it's the longest I've went w/o purchasing a pre-order I just feel like they give minimum effort w/franchise mode it always lacks immersion. What are your thoughts on this year's next gen version? I liked a little bit of what happened with m21 next gen but when i tried the franchise mode it didn't sit well so maybe it's better by a little bit maybe baby steps....Guys like you are the reason I look forward to playing franchise bc it's in-line with what I try to do with sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »