Home

Completely Idiotic Self Own by Plesac

This is a discussion on Completely Idiotic Self Own by Plesac within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #1
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0
Completely Idiotic Self Own by Plesac

I know this games commentary can be a sore subject around here but for the most part I feel like they do a good job a far as covering everything that needs to be covered… But just came through with an RBI 1B in the 8th and Plesac - seemingly trying to ‘own the nerds’ said “The number crunchers would call that a high leverage at bat - don’t know what that means - but all I know is, that was a big time hit”….. Hmm. How could you not know what a “high leverage at bat” is?! Do you not know what leverage means?

By all means poke fun of the millions of SABR stats if you want to make it tongue in cheek but this just comes across as Plesac being an idiot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
Pro

shark547's Arena

Re: Completely Idiotic Self Own by Plesac

Pretty sure that is self deprecating humor meant to make fun of himself for not understanding....
Old 09-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #3
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Dan isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed in real life.

I'm not one to typically turn off the announcers in games, but I finally did it a week or two ago and it's so much more pleasant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-27-2021, 01:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Dan isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed in real life.

I'm not one to typically turn off the announcers in games, but I finally did it a week or two ago and it's so much more pleasant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

I have left the announcers off for years now. Matty V is still saying the same things he said 6 years ago, and the two clowns on commentary are completely unnecessary. I have given up pleading for a "play-by-play" announcer mode where it would just be Matt giving the basics. Stats, situation, what's happening after the ball is thrown or hit. Of course, I'm fussy, so I would expect a different type of announcement for a deep fly ball that could clear the fence to win a game than the disjointed way they do it now, where it's just an ordinary thing until it's gone and THEN he goes into hype mode. It's the little things like that, and the lack of color commentary, that I'd love.

Honestly, I don't know why so many people keep the announcers on. After I've heard everything they say (which takes about 2 games) it becomes totally MIND NUMBING.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »