Home

To my MyLeague guys: does this new MyStaff stuff really make a difference?

This is a discussion on To my MyLeague guys: does this new MyStaff stuff really make a difference? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-10-2021, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1
To my MyLeague guys: does this new MyStaff stuff really make a difference?

Now that you can sign up to 17 staff members does any of this even matter? Same with training (which i just ignored for years and seemed like it made no difference). Are these things really impacting how your players play and progress or is it just window dressing? Are these things really supposed to override player’s potential attributes and progression? Seems to me they add this stuff to give off the illusion of impact but in reality it doesnt matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2021, 11:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: To my MyLeague guys: does this new MyStaff stuff really make a difference?

I’m not going to do a deep dive into this. I’m just going to assume this as well as practices all have a significant impact rather than getting disappointed when I find out that they don’t.

Solid plan IMO lol.
Old 09-11-2021, 12:34 AM   #3
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I found it annoying to hire 5 coaches, let alone 17. Who asked for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2021, 12:44 AM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I didn’t think I would like it but after getting the game I actually do. It could use a filter though to filter out other positions than what you are looking for at that time.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:13 AM   #5
Rookie

dudeitszoltan's Arena

you do have to have some balance, I didn't realize there was more than 17 available positions, so I hired all assistant coaches and scouts and had no room for training staff. So I reshuffled and hired all the medical staff and ran a sim. Ironically, Russell Westbrook injured his right knee like 5 times in one season, but even when the game said he was out 4-6 weeks he would come back in 2 sometimes, so injury recovery was faster.

It wasn't a deep dive, I just hired the first staff member I could find for each role, but anecdotally from that it seems there is some effect. I do know that coaching HAS had an effect for years in 2k (an A+/A+ coached team plays better than an F/F coach) so I think MyStaff will work, I just hope it's not overpowered. But again, you have to choose where to allocate your resources at least.

Off topic, but the G League needs to be fixed asap. way too many highly rated generic players right off the bat

Last edited by dudeitszoltan; 09-11-2021 at 03:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 05:09 AM   #6
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitszoltan
Off topic, but the G League needs to be fixed asap. way too many highly rated generic players right off the bat
Easy just create a roster and delete them all takes 5mn.

And i like your post, and I did not ask for it but I LOVE the new coaching staff this is immersive this is a great benchmark for any sport game (i.e. Madden/NHL).

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 09-11-2021, 05:56 AM   #7
MVP

Can you turn off the excessive GM stuff? I liked 2K21’s MyGM features because it wasn’t too intense and was pretty ******. I’d like to have some staff control but not THAT much. Plus, I don’t want selections to affect my player progression.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitszoltan
you do have to have some balance, I didn't realize there was more than 17 available positions, so I hired all assistant coaches and scouts and had no room for training staff. So I reshuffled and hired all the medical staff and ran a sim. Ironically, Russell Westbrook injured his right knee like 5 times in one season, but even when the game said he was out 4-6 weeks he would come back in 2 sometimes, so injury recovery was faster.

It wasn't a deep dive, I just hired the first staff member I could find for each role, but anecdotally from that it seems there is some effect. I do know that coaching HAS had an effect for years in 2k (an A+/A+ coached team plays better than an F/F coach) so I think MyStaff will work, I just hope it's not overpowered. But again, you have to choose where to allocate your resources at least.

Yea that’s why I turned auto save off and manually saved before I started hiring staff. Messed up a few times like you and didn’t realize the limit. But I ended up hiring asst gm, cfo, all player coaches, 1 domestic scout, 1 foreign scout, strength coach, stamina coach. I was happy with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »