Home

eFootball 2022 Launches on September 30 - Free on PC and Consoles

This is a discussion on eFootball 2022 Launches on September 30 - Free on PC and Consoles within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2021, 06:02 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
eFootball 2022 Launches on September 30 - Free on PC and Consoles

Konami has announced eFootball 2022 will launch on September 30 for PC and consoles for free....

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: eFootball 2022 Launches on September 30

So the game is basically MyClub, not surprising.

I'm honestly more confused about where this game is headed. Reading that link it's a bit all over the place.
- Nothing's ready and we still have that weird a** roadmap with the vague seasonal terms.
- 9 real teams offline only? Did all there exclusive deals fall apart once they abandoned PES. Didn't they just sign that contract with Atalanta or something what was that about then?
- You can use 600 licensed teams but you actually are creating a team?

Well at least it's free and we have a date now. Glad I went ahead with purchasing 21 for PC.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-02-2021, 08:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
So the game is basically MyClub, not surprising.

I'm honestly more confused about where this game is headed. Reading that link it's a bit all over the place.
- Nothing's ready and we still have that weird a** roadmap with the vague seasonal terms.
- 9 real teams offline only? Did all there exclusive deals fall apart once they abandoned PES. Didn't they just sign that contract with Atalanta or something what was that about then?
- You can use 600 licensed teams but you actually are creating a team?

Well at least it's free and we have a date now. Glad I went ahead with purchasing 21 for PC.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
You have to think of the 30th as the launch of the demo, and not the actual full game because, its not the actual full game, hell even the teams are the same as demos past. They didn't acquire all these licenses, teams, leagues stadiums etc etc, just have to 9-10 teams in their game and that be the end of it. They're very poor at communicating their vision, but I think its clear that the game was essentially delayed (but not officially) like other sports games and the game will be more complete towards the end of the year. I just hope it's before December, which absolutely sucks but to them, the key is the future updates. I bring up the game being delayed because, they wouldn't be the first to do so, look at the NHL and MLB series, both were delayed and now the NHL games are permanently coming out a month after they normally would have. I imagine COVID make things more difficult , which is part of the reason we're getting what we're unfortunately getting. I know It sounds like I'm being a blind defender here, but this seems like what's happened
Old 09-02-2021, 09:24 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh yeah I personally see the 30th as a demo as I'm guessing most people do. It's just their poor communication that's not even frustrating at this point but just mind blowing and kind of sad. Any number of us even with no marketing experience could have taken all the info we have gotten so far and done a better job promoting their game.

Even there actual announcement with a simple change could have changed the entire conversation. My version...

September 30th experience the Konami brand new eFootball 2022 with our first look demo. Built using the UnReal engine experience football the way it was meant to be. Using state of the art motion capture technology and harnessing the power of next gen consoles and PC play the game like never before with unrivaled matchday atmosphere and realistic game play***
  • Play offline matches against human or AI opponents, using the following teams: FC Barcelona, FC Bayern Munchen, Juventus, Manchester United, Aresenal, Corinthians, Flamengo
  • Try our new online PvP matches and complete mission objectives to earn rewards.
  • Cross-Gen Matches – Naturally, you will be able to play matches against users on the same console as you. On top of that, you will be able to play against users on other generations of the same console, e.g. PlayStation 5 users vs. PlayStation 4 users or Xbox Series X|S users vs. Xbox One users.
Our full release plans include:
  • More Authentic Teams these that can then be used as base teams for building your Creative Team.
  • New modes
  • New player types
  • Edit Mode
  • PlayStation 5 haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support
  • Full cross-platform matchmaking (PC, console and mobile)
***not all features will be available at launch and on all platforms

My version took the same info moved around took out some unnecessary wording and it still sticks to the vagueness of their early autumn, autumn, winter mess even put a bit of that sales spin language in.

Instead they come out the gate acting like what we all know is a demo seem like a proper release. People would probably still be upset but Konami would look way less inept than they currently do. Who ever is rushing them to put out an unfinished game that was partly developed during a pandemic needs to take a step back because they look more and more foolish with each info drop.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 09-02-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

It really doesn't make any sense how they could be this bad at marketing their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2021, 10:15 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: eFootball 2022 Launches on September 30 - Free on PC and Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Oh yeah I personally see the 30th as a demo as I'm guessing most people do. It's just their poor communication that's not even frustrating at this point but just mind blowing and kind of sad. Any number of us even with no marketing experience could have taken all the info we have gotten so far and done a better job promoting their game.

Even there actual announcement with a simple change could have changed the entire conversation. My version...

September 30th experience the Konami brand new eFootball 2022 with our first look demo. Built using the UnReal engine experience football the way it was meant to be. Using state of the art motion capture technology and harnessing the power of next gen consoles and PC play the game like never before with unrivaled matchday atmosphere and realistic game play***
  • Play offline matches against human or AI opponents, using the following teams: FC Barcelona, FC Bayern Munchen, Juventus, Manchester United, Aresenal, Corinthians, Flamengo
  • Try our new online PvP matches and complete mission objectives to earn rewards.
  • Cross-Gen Matches – Naturally, you will be able to play matches against users on the same console as you. On top of that, you will be able to play against users on other generations of the same console, e.g. PlayStation 5 users vs. PlayStation 4 users or Xbox Series X|S users vs. Xbox One users.
Our full release plans include:
  • More Authentic Teams these that can then be used as base teams for building your Creative Team.
  • New modes
  • New player types
  • Edit Mode
  • PlayStation 5 haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support
  • Full cross-platform matchmaking (PC, console and mobile)
***not all features will be available at launch and on all platforms

My version took the same info moved around took out some unnecessary wording and it still sticks to the vagueness of their early autumn, autumn, winter mess even put a bit of that sales spin language in.

Instead they come out the gate acting like what we all know is a demo seem like a proper release. People would probably still be upset but Konami would look way less inept than they currently do. Who ever is rushing them to put out an unfinished game that was partly developed during a pandemic needs to take a step back because they look more and more foolish with each info drop.
Sends jrnlgrn's resume over to Konami

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »