Home

Run N Shoot Playbook

This is a discussion on Run N Shoot Playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2021, 01:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Run N Shoot Playbook

Is there a reason why the plays from the run n shoot playbook are not available to add to a custom playbook? Is there a way we can add them to a custom playbook or are they only available by playing with the RNS playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2021, 01:58 AM   #2
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Re: Run N Shoot Playbook

Not that i know about and has always been the case and it makes these books useless in franchise because not only you cannot customise them but you cannot substitute and create any “package”.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 09-01-2021, 12:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Dang, that really sucks. My offense is a hybrid Air Raid, Option, RNS offense. I would love to incorporate those RNS plays into my custom playbook. There are a few but not near the amount I would like. Guess I’ll have to consider using the RNS playbook instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
Not that i know about and has always been the case and it makes these books useless in franchise because not only you cannot customise them but you cannot substitute and create any “package”.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreece
Is there a reason why the plays from the run n shoot playbook are not available to add to a custom playbook? Is there a way we can add them to a custom playbook or are they only available by playing with the RNS playbook?
Its been that way since Madden 17. They had issues with the custom playbooks running out of memory and glitching when you would load up a game. where no plays would load and at kick off only one team would be on the field... kinda like they are having again right now. It was because the total number of possible plays was too large. Too combat this they put all the unique plays only in the alternate playbooks and locked them out of custom playbooks. I've talked with AW about this issue and he said they plan on a complete overhaul of the underlying playbook management system in a couple of years as part of EAs long term overhauling plan. I'd imagine in connection with college football 2024, but not sure.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:21 PM   #5
Pro

Interesting…

Making all the plays available “takes too much memory" but there’s plenty of memory for that KO superstar nonsense that no one asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher0
Its been that way since Madden 17. They had issues with the custom playbooks running out of memory and glitching when you would load up a game. where no plays would load and at kick off only one team would be on the field... kinda like they are having again right now. It was because the total number of possible plays was too large. Too combat this they put all the unique plays only in the alternate playbooks and locked them out of custom playbooks. I've talked with AW about this issue and he said they plan on a complete overhaul of the underlying playbook management system in a couple of years as part of EAs long term overhauling plan. I'd imagine in connection with college football 2024, but not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2021, 03:48 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Interesting…

Making all the plays available “takes too much memory" but there’s plenty of memory for that KO superstar nonsense that no one asked for.
...you understand there's a difference between storage (space on a HDD) and memory (what's loaded in RAM), right?

KO superstar has no impact on memory issues that were happening when loading custom playbooks into a running game...KO Superstar wasn't loading into memory when starting a Franchise or Play Now game. Unique plays from custom playbooks were.

That doesn't mean the inability to use those plays isn't frustrating, but let's at least try to keep each point of frustration in its own lane.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Smh that’s very disappointing. I love my custom playbook but man there are a handful of plays in the Spread and Run N Gun playbooks I would kill for. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher0
Old 12-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Interesting…

That is a different component. The issue is with last gen RAM and what it could handle. Once last gen is no longer supported it should be addressed. By the latest would be M25 in tandem with CFB25 which will require an expanded playbook system to function.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »